2015 STATE TOURNEY

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Wins State?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Four Winds-Minnewaukan
35%
Rugby
35%
Oak Grove
4%
New England
12%
LaMoure-LM
7%
May-Port-CG
2%
Parshall
4%
Shiloh Christian
2%

Total votes : 57

Re: 2015 STATE TOURNEY

Postby Lion42 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Old Drifter wrote:Whoever wins the game between rugby and Oak Grove will have the refs to thank.....

I'd say wait to see how the second half goes before making that call. I would say it's been equally "touchy" for both sides so far. Hopefully the teams and the refs regroup during halftime and have a clean, competitive 2nd half.
Lion42
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nolan4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Lion42 wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:Whoever wins the game between rugby and Oak Grove will have the refs to thank.....

I'd say wait to see how the second half goes before making that call. I would say it's been equally "touchy" for both sides so far. Hopefully the teams and the refs regroup during halftime and have a clean, competitive 2nd half.

Agreed, but i hate a perfect matchup like this having calls that are touchy or in some cases phantom......it can and will ruin a great matchup.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:38 pm

nolan4 wrote:
Lion42 wrote:

Agreed, but i hate a perfect matchup like this having calls that are touchy or in some cases phantom......it can and will ruin a great matchup.

Well....Same thing...Different half :!: :!:
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:41 pm

I am cheering on Rugby, but this is making me sick!!
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 pm

nolan4 wrote:I am cheering on Rugby, but this is making me sick!!

Couldn't agree more nolan4 :shock:
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 pm

This is terrible reffing on both ends. The worst. Feeling bad for both teams.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby THEGODFATHER » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:04 pm

This officiating is terrible, I agree
THEGODFATHER
NDPreps Rookie

Postby nolan4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Well if the refs wanted to be noticed , they were :(
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:16 pm

nolan4 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:WOW....10 fouls in the first 4 min. in Rugby Oak Grove game.

Well, I seen this afternoons games and second game was terribly reffed, and so far this games is, they are not letting them play at all, and i am not saying it is favoring anyone, but this afternoon it did........with that said, one coach got on the refs bad after a game, but the coach needs to look at himself, I have seen one poor coach out of the 8, and he got on the refs the worst. IMO

I am curious on what team the reffing affected in the afternoon game?

Rugby vs. Oak Grove was called too tight, but IMO the best team won and the calls went both ways. Tough to watch a game when it is stopped every possesion, but the players need to adjust their games to the officiating. This game no one did. I believe the best two teams won the afternoon games also. So no matter how bad or good the games were called so far today, the best teams still came out on top.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Piranha » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 pm

At least the refs didn't determine the outcome, the better team won.
Piranha
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MTfan4life » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:22 pm

With 8 media timeouts, three quarter breaks, the team timeouts, and the 47 fouls, that was one of the least rhythmic games I have ever seen.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby noles4ever » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:24 pm

All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
noles4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Pit Bull wrote:
nolan4 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:WOW....10 fouls in the first 4 min. in Rugby Oak Grove game.

Well, I seen this afternoons games and second game was terribly reffed, and so far this games is, they are not letting them play at all, and i am not saying it is favoring anyone, but this afternoon it did........with that said, one coach got on the refs bad after a game, but the coach needs to look at himself, I have seen one poor coach out of the 8, and he got on the refs the worst. IMO

I am curious on what team the reffing affected in the afternoon game?

Rugby vs. Oak Grove was called too tight, but IMO the best team won and the calls went both ways. Tough to watch a game when it is stopped every possesion, but the players need to adjust their games to the officiating. This game no one did. I believe the best two teams won the afternoon games also. So no matter how bad or good the games were called so far today, the best teams still came out on top.

You're right, it was called tight on both sides of the ball. I think the best team did win and deserves to be in the championship! I think Rugby did a good job of adjusting in the 4th quarter while OG seemed to be reduced to a one man show :!:
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Lion42 wrote:

It didn't matter how the 2nd half went. The refs already had done their damage and dictated HOW the 2nd half was played by the ungodly amount of fouls they called. Both teams had to adjust and couldn't play THEIR game. The reffing also made the 4winds-Shiloh game yesterday closer then it should have been by all those ticky-tacky fouls...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Old Drifter wrote:
Lion42 wrote:

It didn't matter how the 2nd half went. The refs already had done their damage and dictated HOW the 2nd half was played by the ungodly amount of fouls they called. Both teams had to adjust and couldn't play THEIR game. The reffing also made the 4winds-Shiloh game yesterday closer then it should have been by all those ticky-tacky fouls...

That is your opinion. Everyone has an opinion on every game. Usually our opinions are bias for our teams, if not always. I thought the game was called in 4 winds favor IMO, but it didn't affect the outcome. Shiloh had 3 or 4 starters with 4 fouls and the other with 3, so hard to convince me that the officiating had an effect on the final score.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm

I was actually pretty happy how the games were called yesterday, since the Rugby game wasnt close, i didnt pay particular attention to how that one went, today has been a different story, so far in this second game , early, it is being called well. :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Pit Bull wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:
Lion42 wrote:

That is your opinion. Everyone has an opinion on every game. Usually our opinions are bias for our teams, if not always. I thought the game was called in 4 winds favor IMO, but it didn't affect the outcome. Shiloh had 3 or 4 starters with 4 fouls and the other with 3, so hard to convince me that the officiating had an effect on the final score.

And as you say, your opinion was the officiating didn't matter and I don't agree...Shiloh may have had those fouls but that was at the end of the game after officiating already HAD gourd on the bench with 4 fouls by the 2nd qtr and fouled out at the end plus having the others playing tentatively due to their fouls. And fyi, I didnt have a dog in the hunt in those games I mentioned. My teams playing for the consolation Championship tomorrow...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Is this Olson kid even human? :) His play is unbelievable........Instant Fan!!!
Last edited by bsoldiergirl on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:53 pm

stir the pot wrote:Why are the announcers (both tv and radio ) still referring to the ( over the back foul ) is that a pushing foul?

Unfortunately, this is no requirement that those who broadcast games actually know the rulebook. It's unfortunate, and it's part of the reason that misinformation is perpetually rampant.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 pm

I am all for calling out officials when their miscalls affect individual players, but 99.9% of the time the better team wins the game. That is what should matter most, and only once so far in this tournament have I seen a toss-up for who the better team was (LLM-New England), and the officiating did not affect that game. That should say something about it.

Can we drop this? When the better team was definitive in this tournament, they have won.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Geebus....that Olsen kids beating 4 winds by himself...I admt I didn't pay much attention to LLM but they're for real...the dark horse that might give rugby fits...not sure if they've got the firepower to beat them though...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Well, this game showed why new-age basketball is overshadowing old school tactics. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. Hope it falls in. If it doesn't, keep shooting. A lot of people don't like it, but it works when you teach kids how to shoot from an early age.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Hellava game! LLM's a FINE team. I'm not so sure of 4 Winds chances tomorrow after seeing them struggle during the tournament...rugby seems to be on cruise right now but not sure if it is their bracket or if they're simply so good they make anyone/everyone look bad...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 pm

I think LLM beats Oak Grove for third tomorrow and Rugby wins the rematch with Four Winds. So far this has been a very good tournament, even though the Rugby-OG game was a bit hard to watch with all the fouls. (Hope those 3 refs brought an extra whistle along because they wore them out in this game!) Too bad they don't televise the consolation games because I think those will be some good games too.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:44 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I think LLM beats Oak Grove for third tomorrow and Rugby wins the rematch with Four Winds. So far this has been a very good tournament, even though the Rugby-OG game was a bit hard to watch with all the fouls. (Hope those 3 refs brought an extra whistle along because they wore them out in this game!) Too bad they don't televise the consolation games because I think those will be some good games too.

Haha. Love it. Have to hope for a little more flow tomorrow night than there was in the Rugby-OG game.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys