2015 Region Tournaments

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2015 Region Tournaments

Postby Sticks11 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Who does everyone see coming out of the region tournaments on top and making it to state? I'll give my 8, but keep in mind, I don't see every region play a lot, so some are just my guesses. Anyways, I thought I'd start and maybe some would follow with theirs.

1. Oak Grove - It's hard for me to go against them with how they've played in big games.
2. Cavalier - I think Robbins has a big Region tourney.
3. Ellendale
4. Four Winds - Minnewaukan - I'd like to see them vs NS, but at full strength. Depending on the bracket, I'm putting Dunseith or North Star vs FW-M in the title game.
5. Shiloh
6. Rugby - I think they play well and get there for 3rd consecutive year.
7. Beulah - Getting by in a close one against New England
8. New Town - Find a way to get back there come tourney time.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2015 Region Tournaments

Postby Edger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:03 pm

My Predictions are:

1. Oak Grove
2. Cavalier; Although Grafton may give them a go.
3. Linton-HMB; They have really come around since the beginning of the season.
4. Four Winds
5. Solen; Shiloh won regular season home court, but I think this will be a different outcome on a neutral court.
6. Berthold; I really believe they can beat Rugby on a second chance.
7. New England
8. New Town, but Parshall will challenge. "Rivalry Game"

And that's it in a nutshell. Or should I say, my nutshell!
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby YMCMB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:35 pm

1. Northern Cass
2. Grafton
3. Linton HMB
4. Four Winds
5. Shiloh Christian
6. Rugby
7. New England
8. New town
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:22 am

I think if milnor could come together and play as a team they could be a scary team in regions
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The12thMan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Milnor could be a scary team, but they're not. Oak Grove takes region one.
The12thMan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:42 pm

WEhaveAproblem wrote:I think if milnor could come together and play as a team they could be a scary team in regions

Same Milnor team that lost to Richland 80-68 and Oak Grove 92-68?
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 pm

R1 is OG's to lose, I think, but Northern Cass could upset. Central Cass is a little more of a dark horse, but very athletic and will make you play 32 minutes. The team that has CC in the semis (and say, wins) will appreciate the day off before the finals.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WEhaveAproblem » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:25 pm

I think oak grove is a little above average team this year.. very beatable... run then off the three you more likely win....they live and die by three...
WEhaveAproblem
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chief45 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:39 am

1 - Northern Cass (last couple years whoever was picked to win the region get beat so I'll go with these guys)
2 - Grafton
3 - Linton-HMB (Purintun hot hand leads Linton)
4 - Four Winds (Unless Weston plays I see this as a lock)
5 - Shiloh (Their tough schedule gives them the edge over solen)
6 - Berthold (If lee gets hot anything could happen)
7 - New England (size matters)
8 - New Town (again.. Size matters)
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:33 pm

chief45 wrote:1 - Northern Cass (last couple years whoever was picked to win the region get beat so I'll go with these guys)
2 - Grafton

Lee's down for right now. And even if he does return, he's been carrying the Berthold team. So, getting a him back into playing shape (if he's out for a little while. If not that's a different story), could take awhile, And this late in the season, time would not be on his side.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 pm

HammerTime wrote:
chief45 wrote:1 - Northern Cass (last couple years whoever was picked to win the region get beat so I'll go with these guys)
2 - Grafton

Lee's down for right now. And even if he does return, he's been carrying the Berthold team. So, getting a him back into playing shape (if he's out for a little while. If not that's a different story), could take awhile, And this late in the season, time would not be on his side.

heard from two reliable sources that he was day-to-day.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:
2 - Grafton

heard from two reliable sources that he was day-to-day.

So it's not major? I must have had some jumbled info.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:11 am

WEhaveAproblem wrote:I think if milnor could come together and play as a team they could be a scary team in regions

We're in the 14/15 season not 13/14.. :wink: I don't see Milnor competing with any of the top 5 teams in the region.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 am

Looks like 1,3, and 6 have the most debate. The team I'm probably the least familiar with on anyone's list is New England. Who can tell me a little bit more about them? How would a match-up between them and Beulah play out?
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:06 pm

I really don't think Cavalier comes out of 2. I feel like the best South teams are better, all around, and if Cavalier gets matched up with either Grafton (Grafton is just a flat out better team, in my opinion) or PRFL gets a third shot at them, I could see them exiting earlier than expected (obviously, PRFL upsetting them would come out of nowhere for most people but they've played them tough twice and should have had them in PR the other night).

The only South team I've seen up close is Larimore, and they're certainly capable of playing Cavalier closer than they did last night. I've been told by someone who's seen more South teams play that HCV might be the best of the group, but Mayville and Hatton/Northwood won't be easy outs, either. I would assume Thompson is pretty good, as well. Region 2 is wide open.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:41 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:I really don't think Cavalier comes out of 2. I feel like the best South teams are better, all around, and if Cavalier gets matched up with either Grafton (Grafton is just a flat out better team, in my opinion) or PRFL gets a third shot at them, I could see them exiting earlier than expected (obviously, PRFL upsetting them would come out of nowhere for most people but they've played them tough twice and should have had them in PR the other night).

The only South team I've seen up close is Larimore, and they're certainly capable of playing Cavalier closer than they did last night. I've been told by someone who's seen more South teams play that HCV might be the best of the group, but Mayville and Hatton/Northwood won't be easy outs, either. I would assume Thompson is pretty good, as well. Region 2 is wide open.

Most balanced Region in the state. PRFL would beat Cav if they played them for a third time but Cav wouldnt beat Grafton if they played a 3rd time logic seems a little messed up there? I said early in the year I thought Mayville was the team to beat, but its even more wide open than I thought.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:09 pm

I didn't say anything illogical. I just said that there are 2 former D4 teams that Cavalier does not want to see, moving forward.

Region 2 is definitely balanced. What I'm curious to see is if it has a bunch of good teams or simply no great team. It's hard to tell.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:18 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:I didn't say anything illogical. I just said that there are 2 former D4 teams that Cavalier does not want to see, moving forward.

Region 2 is definitely balanced. What I'm curious to see is if it has a bunch of good teams or simply no great team. It's hard to tell.

Sounds like you dont really like Cav tthen, which is fine with me. R2 has several above average team no great team right now. I hope whoever comes out of the Region has a good showing at state.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Just to be clear, I've got no issues with Cavalier coming out of the region, if they win the tournament. Laxdal has done a great job in his time there and, by all accounts, their players are a great group of kids.

I just don't think they'll win the region, and I think there are teams who match up with them very well. It's not like last year when they quite a bit better than most of region 2.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

will be a dog fight.....they say defense wins Championships....this year in Region 2 it will Be Offense that wins it
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm

winner-within wrote:will be a dog fight.....they say defense wins Championships....this year in Region 2 it will Be Offense that wins it

You are spot on, there. Every team has only one or two players who will drop 10+ regularly. There are quite a few who can go ice cold for stretches at a time. It'll come down to who avoids low point quarters, minimizes opponents' runs, etc.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:
winner-within wrote:will be a dog fight.....they say defense wins Championships....this year in Region 2 it will Be Offense that wins it

You are spot on, there. Every team has only one or two players who will drop 10+ regularly. There are quite a few who can go ice cold for stretches at a time. It'll come down to who avoids low point quarters, minimizes opponents' runs, etc.

Totally Agree
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nodak4life » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:09 pm

In region 8, it's New Town's to lose. The Grady brothers are a pretty effective 1-2 punch on the inside and White Owl can get on a roll from 3. Parshall has been playing well as of late and should be a contender. Watford City should be there too but Klein has to do so much for them to win. Rumor has it Trinity Christian/Trenton will be getting a transfer who will become eligible by the district tournament. He's a quick guard with some play making ability.
nodak4life
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

I know nothing about MPCG's team except they are 15-5 just like the Tornadoes of Cavalier...with Cavalier leading in Region pts
they Play tonight in Cavalier.....what Happens?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby nolan4 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:37 pm

The boys Region tourneys are going to be such crapshoots, Regions 1, 2, 6, 7 , are so up in the air with 3 or more teams......................Region 3 is between Linton and Ellendale.........Region 4 big upset if it is not Four Winds-Minnewauken.........Region 5 is Shiloh only??? I think so...........Region 8 is New Town...........Region strength in my opinion is this way, not best one team............Region 7, Region 6, Region 1, Region 3, Region 4, Region 5, Region 2, Region 8.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys