2015 Region Tournaments

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2015 Region Tournaments

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

PRFL 46
Larimore 42

The Aggies controlled the game early but Larimore fought back and had a lead with under 2 minutes. Both teams defended their opponent's best scorer very well. Johnson hit key free throws at the end but otherwise stayed patient and kept the offense moving. I assume Beneda was the leading scorer tonight--he played a heck of a game. Matt Dobmeier had several key blocks in the paint tonight, including multiple emphatic rejections that took away sure baskets. Josh Ruzicka played a great game tonight, as well. You won't see his name in the scoring column but he corralled rebound after rebound and had several key tipped passes that lead to steals.

Larimore played very well in the second half. Peterson facilitated the offense well and the Bears found their shot from 3. Levi Hofer was fantastic in the paint, as well, using his size to great advantage.

This game was an absolute barn burner and a treat to watch. It really is too bad that both of these teams aren't in the tourney--I'd say both are better than some teams above them.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2015 Region Tournaments

Postby Edger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Jack8 wrote:Old Drifter I was at this game. Parshall was the better team New Town had a 10 point lead at the half and went cold the second half. They just stopped feeding the Grady twins for some reason. I picked New Town to come out of this region but after tonight i dont know Parshall looks to have there number this year. On the other side Parshall does have to play Ray in the first round there will be a lot of support for Ray that night and Watford city the nexted night. Watford city looks good and last if New Town and Pharshall make it to the finals anything can happen. Just like the Parshall girls showed against Watford City girls it is hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season.
Old Drifter wrote:I'm a region 8 fan and I too thought new town was a shoo-in for the district and more then likely, the region titles but parshall just beat em in the district title game. I wasn't there so I don't know if injuries, reffing, etc were factors in parshalls favor. Anyone there who can give a short summary? Also...if this wasn't a fluke win for parshall, they could conceivably beat new town again for the region title. No disrespect intended for district 16 but I don't think there's a team capable of beating either new town/parshall if both are hitting on all cylinders. On an interesting note, this win puts parshall into very strong contention for the region title (again, if it wasn't a fluke win) and the parshall lady-Braves beat watford city/Katy mogen for region 8 honors and are in the state tournament. Has any other small town had both boys and girls in state? And can someone give me info about any district 16 regional contenders?

EDIT: just saw kenmare has a decent record and has beaten parshall.

I don't think we could call Parshall's District win a fluke since they beat New Town in the regular season too. I definitely believe they will meet up again in the Regional Championship. The only question is: who's 3rd time will be a charm? I'm guessing that after their Girl's performance in Regionals, the Parshall boys are pumped and more than hungry for that state visit.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys