Who are the young up and coming players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who are the young up and coming players

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Edger wrote:I saw a kid play from Garrison. Eddie White Bear, he is a freshman, Starting Varsity point guard and appears to have established himself as a key player already. He is showing some very advanced skills for his age. He is an excellent ball handler with speed, he sees the court well, and has shown tremendous passing ability. He is also really good on the defensive end; according to BEK, he is a pesky defender, leading his team in steals and is the second leading scorer on the team. I believe that we will be hearing a lot more about this player in the future.

I totally agree with you Edger, I saw him play and he is everything you said he is....The sky is the limit for this young man!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Broncos811 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 pm

bsoldiergirl wrote:I would like to add Josh Knutson, a freshman, from DLB to that list. He is around 6'0 and has started on the varsity team the last 3-4 games(due to player injury). Before that, he was the 6th man off the bench. Since starting, he has displayed an excellent feel and natural ability for the game of basketball. He is quick, agile, versatile and able to make plays happen in difficult situations. He has been known to hit a 3 pointer once in a while. He scored 22pts and was key in the Lakers win against Stanley on Feb. 20th. I see a great future for him. :D

Another name to keep in mind for DLB is Freshman Aaron Grandy (5'8-5'9 I think). He is poised to be, I predict, one of the best point guards in Region6( or even in the state) in the next few years. He is a leader and has a very good understanding of the game. What he lacks in height he makes up for with his quickness, insight(assists per game) and his awesome 3 point shot. He plays JV & gets a significant amount of playing time for the varsity team. There are great things ahead for this young man!! :wink:

I've seen DLB's A and B team play quite a few times, and I definitely don't disagree there is a lot of young raw talent there.
The exciting thing is though, that there is young talent throughout the region, nothing will be made easy for DLB.
As for Aaron Grady, he's got big young point guard competition from Trent Marquart (Glenburn), Dylan Lund (Sawyer), Cole Bethke (TGU), and some kid from Our Redeemer's JV who is injured (Anyone know his name?). But this competition will only make the players better.

DLB could really give the region a run for their money in a few years, but so will Bishop Ryan, Rugby, Our Redeemer's, maybe even MLS. I really can't wait to see what happens in the future with these teams.
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edger » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Broncos811 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:I would like to add Josh Knutson, a freshman, from DLB to that list. He is around 6'0 and has started on the varsity team the last 3-4 games(due to player injury). Before that, he was the 6th man off the bench. Since starting, he has displayed an excellent feel and natural ability for the game of basketball. He is quick, agile, versatile and able to make plays happen in difficult situations. He has been known to hit a 3 pointer once in a while. He scored 22pts and was key in the Lakers win against Stanley on Feb. 20th. I see a great future for him. :D

Another name to keep in mind for DLB is Freshman Aaron Grandy (5'8-5'9 I think). He is poised to be, I predict, one of the best point guards in Region6( or even in the state) in the next few years. He is a leader and has a very good understanding of the game. What he lacks in height he makes up for with his quickness, insight(assists per game) and his awesome 3 point shot. He plays JV & gets a significant amount of playing time for the varsity team. There are great things ahead for this young man!! :wink:

I've seen DLB's A and B team play quite a few times, and I definitely don't disagree there is a lot of young raw talent there.
The exciting thing is though, that there is young talent throughout the region, nothing will be made easy for DLB.
As for Aaron Grady, he's got big young point guard competition from Trent Marquart (Glenburn), Dylan Lund (Sawyer), Cole Bethke (TGU), and some kid from Our Redeemer's JV who is injured (Anyone know his name?). But this competition will only make the players better.

DLB could really give the region a run for their money in a few years, but so will Bishop Ryan, Rugby, Our Redeemer's, maybe even MLS. I really can't wait to see what happens in the future with these teams.

Sounds like the next few years will be quite interesting in this region. Now I'm curious to know how all the JV teams mentioned did against each other during the season, beings they all, or nearly all, played against each other?
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby HammerTime » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Edger wrote:
Broncos811 wrote:

Sounds like the next few years will be quite interesting in this region. Now I'm curious to know how all the JV teams mentioned did against each other during the season, beings they all, or nearly all, played against each other?

I know Rugby's beat DL-B and Bishop Ryan. Not sure about Our Redeemer's or MLS.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Broncos811 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Edger wrote:
Broncos811 wrote:

HammerTime filled you in with Rugby, I know Our Redeemer's beat DLB, MLS and Ryan's JV, never played Rugby though. I've seen the OR JV play like 10 times and I've never seen them lose. Not to say they haven't lost, though.

Also my assessment on MLS comes from the young talent on the varsity in 6'4 eighth grader Isaac Undlin, sophomore Berkley Santos, and freshman Trevor Savelkoul. The team isn't the greatest now, but I see potential for them to be.
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Broncos811 wrote:

I agree, Grandy will have some strong competition for the point guard position in the years to come. I still think he is one to watch out for.

DLB's C squad (with only 2 loses this year and at least 3 players 6'0 and higher) have freshman players that, when reunited with their fellow freshman and sophomore teammates currently playing varsity, will surly be a force to contend with.

The next 2-3 years should be very interesting, exciting and competitive in District 12 and Region 6 :!: :!:
If everything came easy, it would be a very boring game. :D
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby ChickenWing » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Isaac Romero. High quality JV player. Should only get better.
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The12thMan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:38 pm

I agree that Romero has a lot of potential. He is very athletic, he's a good shooter, and can finish against the bigs very well. I also see that his defense needs a lot of work and his decision making reflects his age.
The12thMan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:45 pm

The12thMan wrote:I agree that Romero has a lot of potential. He is very athletic, he's a good shooter, and can finish against the bigs very well. I also see that his defense needs a lot of work and his decision making reflects his age.

Who does he play for?
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby ChickenWing » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Edger wrote:
The12thMan wrote:I agree that Romero has a lot of potential. He is very athletic, he's a good shooter, and can finish against the bigs very well. I also see that his defense needs a lot of work and his decision making reflects his age.

Who does he play for?

Milnor. Sophomore.
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Broncos811 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:53 am

Broncos811 wrote:...and some kid from Our Redeemer's JV who is injured (Anyone know his name?)

Asked a colleague from work who has a son from Our Redeemer's. His names Noah Abel I believe. I'd put him on the list as an up and coming player so long as he stays healthy. Sounds like a tear or something that he's out with. That can damage your career, even if you're young.
Should've found his name out in the first place but I wanted to get my 2 cents in quick fast.
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby slumdog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 am

Jake Hanson the sophomore from North Sargent has been putting up some phenomenal numbers, is he as good as his stats suggest that he is? 24+pts and 8+rebs sound like pretty unreal numbers for a sophomore point guard to consistently put up.
slumdog
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ChickenWing » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 am

slumdog wrote:Jake Hanson the sophomore from North Sargent has been putting up some phenomenal numbers, is he as good as his stats suggest that he is? 24+pts and 8+rebs sound like pretty unreal numbers for a sophomore point guard to consistently put up.

Jake is a great player. Set his school record by putting up 40 against Milnor. The only problem is they still can't pick up the wins. I think some of the Milnor boys he plays with next year will compliment his talent really well. Really strong with his left.
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nolan4 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Best athlete on the DLB team is soph Mark Medalen, love watching the kid play, if he would have stayed at Ryan, he would have made a difference for them this yr.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sticks11 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:44 pm

nolan4 wrote:

Best athlete on the DLB team is soph Mark Medalen, love watching the kid play, if he would have stayed at Ryan, he would have made a difference for them this yr.

I have to go with Nolan here, I think Mark Medalen is going to be a solid player. He can do a lot of things on the basketball court.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Sticks11 wrote:
nolan4 wrote:

I have to go with Nolan here, I think Mark Medalen is going to be a solid player. He can do a lot of things on the basketball court.

I totally agree with both of you....He is awesome to watch and has contributed greatly to the team. I wasn't implying that Aaron Grandy and Josh Knutson(both freshmen playing varsity) were the best players, just saying that in the next 2-3 years, they will greatly compliment the 3 talented sophomores(including Medalen) that are starting varsity now and gaining valuable experience.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am

I am surprised no one has mentioned Hunter Sand from Dakota Prairie. After watching the District 7 tournament, I have to think he may very well be the best freshman in Class B. He led his team, literally does it all for them, to the region tournament. This kid is for real.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndbballfan89 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:49 pm

I agree Hunter Sand is the real deal - one of the best freshmen in the State.

Other young players in District 7 tourney that looked good:

Stevie Redfox, Sophomore, 4 Winds - great point guard for the best team in the state.
Tronis Mckay, Sophomore, 4 Winds - athletic 6-2 Forward, had nice breakaway dunk against Benson Co.
Payton Granger, Sophomore, Harvey W/C - another athletic 6-3 Forward, led team in scoring in District game win against Dakota Prairie and had nice baseline drive, two hand dunk against Warwick.
ndbballfan89
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HammerTime » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 pm

There's a freshman up in Bottineau (yes, the mighty Braves, he said sarcastically) who's actually really good. Bryce Meehle or something like that. Not too sure on the last name. And in also District 11, sophomore Anders Johnson from Rugby is really good too. He could possibly take the Panthers to state next year with the group he has around him. He could fill Heidlebaugh's gargantuan shoes pretty well.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:38 pm

HammerTime wrote:There's a freshman up in Bottineau (yes, the mighty Braves, he said sarcastically) who's actually really good. Bryce Meehle or something like that. Not too sure on the last name. And in also District 11, sophomore Anders Johnson from Rugby is really good too. He could possibly take the Panthers to state next year with the group he has around him. He could fill Heidlebaugh's gargantuan shoes pretty well.

Bryce Haerer??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:13 pm

HammerTime wrote:There's a freshman up in Bottineau (yes, the mighty Braves, he said sarcastically) who's actually really good. Bryce Meehle or something like that. Not too sure on the last name. And in also District 11, sophomore Anders Johnson from Rugby is really good too. He could possibly take the Panthers to state next year with the group he has around him. He could fill Heidlebaugh's gargantuan shoes pretty well.

Anders Johnson looks like he will be a fine player, but not even close to a Heidlebaugh, and if they win it next yr or even close, I will eat my words. :)
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby nolan4 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Bryce Haerer??

Is he the 5'4 kid??? The freshman up there to watch is Max Henry, but Bottineau has a bright future ahead it seems , even next yr they should be pretty good, i think they might lack height tho, but they will be very athletic.
nolan4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:18 pm

nolan4 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Bryce Haerer??

Is he the 5'4 kid??? The freshman up there to watch is Max Henry, but Bottineau has a bright future ahead it seems , even next yr they should be pretty good, i think they might lack height tho, but they will be very athletic.

He said Bryce something so I named the only Freshman named Bryce on their roster :)

Ironically, the name Hammer through out is more similar to a senior from Oakes (Bryce Meehl)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sticks11 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 am

nolan4 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Bryce Haerer??

Bryce will probably be a pretty decent player, but I'd agree, the freshman to watch right now is Max Henry. Also, Anders Johnson is going to be solid and has been, but no one is filling Heidlebaugh's shoes.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 am

I'm super excited to learn that Parshall is going to State and Sophomore, Deyondre Simpson will get to make an appearance on the big stage!
Edger
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys