Who are the young up and coming players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who are the young up and coming players

Postby Tbucs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Who do you think are the next group of all staters. Players you have seen play that have the potential to be the guy. Want to here about players for all districts.
Tbucs
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Who are the young up and coming players

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

What are you asking for specifically?

The players who we feel will be all state this year?

The players who we feel will be all state next year?

Top junior high kids?

Top freshmen?

Top sophomores?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tbucs » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 pm

I was thinking future sophomore and freshman maybe a junior that is making a splash
Tbucs
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Wyatt Carr is a sophomore from Hazen who is very talented.

I could name a bunch in every grade level but my opinions can wait a bit.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Here are a few which I've seen play this year.

Logan Nelson - Sophomore from Northern Cass (deadly outside shooter)
Tronis McKay - Sophomore from Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Komrosky & Heisler - Sophomores from North Star
Shawn Stoltz - Sophomore from Dickinson Trinity
Wyatt Hanson - Freshman from Stanley
Isaiah Kludt - Freshman from Hettinger-Scranton
Devon Foster - Sophomore from Oak Grove (OG has a bunch of sophomores gaining valuable bench minutes this year.)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby HammerTime » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:39 pm

I realize Towner is running a little low in the depth department, but there's an 8th grader named Shayden Luna playing 6th man for them and he's pretty good.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Broncos811 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Trent Marquette from Glenburn. Freshman, but doesn't play like one. He's put up good numbers recently, great court awareness for his age, and good speed and handles
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby east sider » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Devon Foster - Sophomore from Oak Grove (OG has a bunch of sophomores gaining valuable bench minutes this year.)

Agreed. Good height at around 6' 3", jumps well, against CC showed great rebounding ability and a very nice blocked shot. Not too assertive on offense but made some moves where it was easy to see the potential. Next year when OG loses most of their scoring I imagine he'll probably be pegged their go-to guy. Central Cass had a nice tall Sophomore who played a lot of minutes as well, don't remember his name though.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby yellowjacket » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Isaac Undlin of Mohall Lansford Sherwood. He's an 8th grader and probably the best player on a young and improving squad. Plays inside and out. needs to add some bulk but plays very tough. Shoots the three well and is a tremendous offensive rebounder, just has a real knack for getting to the ball. Trevor Savelkoul is a 9th grader for MLS and is also seeing lots of playing time. Has some good offensive tools. About 6'3", also needs to hit the weight room but these two should help power MLS for the next 4-5 years. MLS is playing 7 players sophmore to eighth on a regular basis and have shown a lot of improvement over the year. Should be a tough out the next few years if they continue to improve and not plateau.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:09 am

The best sophomores that I have seen this year are...

Austin Reed Guard Hillsboro/CV typically scores mid to upper teens.
Brennen Vance Point Ellendale. Super defender and typically scores mid to upper teens.
Calen Schwabe Point Thompson. 15.1ppg, 4.3rpg, 3.2apg, 52% from the field.
Jake Hanson Point North Sargent. 25.2ppg, 7.6rpg, 2.7apg, 51% from the field.
Kyle Henningsgard Guard Hills/CV. Strong/Athletic typically scores mid teens.
Nick Mauch Point Hankinson Does everything you want from a point, but defers to others to score.
Wyatt Carr Swing/2,3 Hazen. Big strong athletic. Not sure what stats are. Only seen from 1st 2 games.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 am

Broncos811 wrote:Trent Marquette from Glenburn. Freshman, but doesn't play like one. He's put up good numbers recently, great court awareness for his age, and good speed and handles

I agree - Marquart is a good player. He got quite a few minutes last year as an 8th Grader. Other decent under classmen I've seen are like the above mentioned Shayden Luna from TGU. Max Henry has been playing well for Bottineau. Anders Johnson is a sophomore for Rugby and has been playing more minutes lately and doing some nice things.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby RebelsThunder » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 am

Issac Huber from Eldgeley-Kulm is an 8th grader that gets some varsity minutes and looks great in JV. He has a great looking shot, handles the ball well, and can run for ever. He went to the National Hershey's Track Meet last summer
RebelsThunder
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am

Cadyn Schwabe, Calen's younger brother, is doing quite well as an eighth grader.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am

I agree Huber is going to be a heck of a player. Tremendous athlete.

Also agree that Vance is a stud for Ellendale. There are 2 other sophomores, Luke Wertz and Hunter White for the Cardinals who have also been playing well and contributing (among many others).

Ellendale also has an 8th grader in Austin Molen who has really good skills as well, can handle the ball with both hands, long, athletic, sees the court well and is a playmaker. Look for him in the near future, he is going to be very good. Could see some epic Huber-Molen battles on the court for years to come. They are also teammates for the EEK Thunder football team.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tbucs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:36 pm

I have seen some good players on teams that have had bad year overall but with the experience those players are getting will make those tough teams to play in future, like Midkota, New Rockford Sheyene, NGS, Benson county.
Tbucs
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:55 pm

east sider wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Devon Foster - Sophomore from Oak Grove (OG has a bunch of sophomores gaining valuable bench minutes this year.)

Agreed. Good height at around 6' 3", jumps well, against CC showed great rebounding ability and a very nice blocked shot. Not too assertive on offense but made some moves where it was easy to see the potential. Next year when OG loses most of their scoring I imagine he'll probably be pegged their go-to guy. Central Cass had a nice tall Sophomore who played a lot of minutes as well, don't remember his name though.

Michael Ueland is the tall sophomore from Central Cass.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 am

I saw a kid play from Garrison. Eddie White Bear, he is a freshman, Starting Varsity point guard and appears to have established himself as a key player already. He is showing some very advanced skills for his age. He is an excellent ball handler with speed, he sees the court well, and has shown tremendous passing ability. He is also really good on the defensive end; according to BEK, he is a pesky defender, leading his team in steals and is the second leading scorer on the team. I believe that we will be hearing a lot more about this player in the future.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:09 pm

watched Tronis McKay play sophmore for FWinds
very talented!
Last edited by winner-within on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDbballfan-AandB » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:26 pm

max henry freshman for bottineau
NDbballfan-AandB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lions700 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Ben Bohl-Bishop Ryan
8th grader with quality time on C squad and even JV this year. Good all around player.
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scout_101 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Oh yeah that's guys like the marshawn lynch of class b I heard
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Two More very talented players to watch for are: Freshman Guard Taylor Peltier, White Shield. He's an all around good player that can flat out shoot. And Shophmore Forward/Guard Deyondre Simpson, Parshall. He's good height at about 6'3" or taller, long arms and is a heck of a blocker, can handle the ball very well for his height and is a 3 point threat. Both of these kids have done excellent jobs as young starters on their respective teams.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby lions700 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm

scout_101 wrote:Oh yeah that's guys like the marshawn lynch of class b I heard

Who? Ben Bohl?
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Big Ben Bohl fan.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm

I would like to add Josh Knutson, a freshman, from DLB to that list. He is around 6'0 and has started on the varsity team the last 3-4 games(due to player injury). Before that, he was the 6th man off the bench. Since starting, he has displayed an excellent feel and natural ability for the game of basketball. He is quick, agile, versatile and able to make plays happen in difficult situations. He has been known to hit a 3 pointer once in a while. He scored 22pts and was key in the Lakers win against Stanley on Feb. 20th. I see a great future for him. :D

Another name to keep in mind for DLB is Freshman Aaron Grandy (5'8-5'9 I think). He is poised to be, I predict, one of the best point guards in Region6( or even in the state) in the next few years. He is a leader and has a very good understanding of the game. What he lacks in height he makes up for with his quickness, insight(assists per game) and his awesome 3 point shot. He plays JV & gets a significant amount of playing time for the varsity team. There are great things ahead for this young man!! :wink:
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys