Which teams are the real deal this year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Which teams are the real deal this year?

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:41 pm

4mrnative wrote:So I've seen it posted that participation and readership are a bit down on this site. Given some of the dripping vitriol and arrogant posturing that I read, it's fairly easy to understand why. If you're a fan/patron of a team, represent that position with some pride and dignity in a way that the teams and coaches you puport to honor wouldn't be ashamed to read. I think our momma's all taught us better...rant out...

Good point. We could all tone down the rhetoric a bit. The Heimer-bashing (speaking of whom, he's been quiet lately.) could calm down a bit more. Plus, represent your favorite team with decent sportsmanship and civil words. And we should take a little more time to check our posts for spelling and grammatical errors. We aren't all writers, but it makes getting a point across a bit easier.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Broncos811 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:24 pm

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Also until somebody beats rugby in their dont start the talk that they will lose in regionals. Rugby was 2nd in state last year and they didnt lose much. Theyll be their. Their schedule has been the toughest out of that region and still they have the regions best record! Once again talk the talk only when you walk the walk!!

Not that you seem like a reasonable type but this needs to be said. Saying anything definitively is going to make you look silly if you're not careful. No matter the teams, nothing is a sure thing. Region 3 isn't a guaranteed Linton. Region 6 isn't guaranteed Rugby (especially when Berthold held on the whole game except the end where they had to foul. Only reason the score looked how it did)

Obviously Rugby is the favorite. But I wouldn't be in shock and awe if they got upset in the regional championship
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yellowjacket » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Considering Rugby will more than likely have to beat both Berthold and Our Redeemer's to get to state, one in the semifinals and one in the finals, I would say they have a very tough road to state.
yellowjacket
NDPreps Reserve

Postby duh » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:14 pm

case in point region 3 quality teams with Carrington,Oakes.ELLENDALE.Lamoure,Staursburg , yes Linton is a shoe in to go to state NOT u idiots
duh
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 pm

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Ok balla 45 lets set the record straight. First off your still bregging on hettingers fluke win over linton in what week 2 minus 4 linton players that are instrumental to lintons success. Linton will win that region! Hettinger might be lucky enough to make it to the semis in theirs. Linton has beaten washburn, strausburg, and central cass as if late! Hettinger has lost to trinity, beulah, and new england in the month of january. Last night they beat a respectable heart river team, congrads! 1 out of 4 isnt bad! If your going to talk the talk then walk the walk!!!

Ok Bruce, let's set the record straight. I am not bragging about any of these wins. I participate in 0 North Dakota high school sports. I disagree with you in stating a loss by 17 points is a fluke. I can see losing by 5 playing poorly, but when you lose by 17, the team that beat you was better. Point, blank, period.

Next, please attempt to follow some basic rules of grammar when you post. It is just annoying to read.

Finally, when I played, I talked the talk and walked the walk. As I no longer play, I watch basketball games and post what I see. I do not believe that Linton is a better team than Hettinger-Scranton. That is my opinion based on watching both teams play at full strength.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sticks11 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:16 am

4mrnative wrote:So I've seen it posted that participation and readership are a bit down on this site. Given some of the dripping vitriol and arrogant posturing that I read, it's fairly easy to understand why. If you're a fan/patron of a team, represent that position with some pride and dignity in a way that the teams and coaches you puport to honor wouldn't be ashamed to read. I think our momma's all taught us better...rant out...

Some guys are pretty even keel on here. They don't really go hard to one side of the equation but still give their honest opinion. I think there's too much of people bashing other teams instead of supporting the ones they want to.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 pm

balla45 wrote:
brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Ok balla 45 lets set the record straight. First off your still bregging on hettingers fluke win over linton in what week 2 minus 4 linton players that are instrumental to lintons success. Linton will win that region! Hettinger might be lucky enough to make it to the semis in theirs. Linton has beaten washburn, strausburg, and central cass as if late! Hettinger has lost to trinity, beulah, and new england in the month of january. Last night they beat a respectable heart river team, congrads! 1 out of 4 isnt bad! If your going to talk the talk then walk the walk!!!

Ok Bruce, let's set the record straight. I am not bragging about any of these wins. I participate in 0 North Dakota high school sports. I disagree with you in stating a loss by 17 points is a fluke. I can see losing by 5 playing poorly, but when you lose by 17, the team that beat you was better. Point, blank, period.

Next, please attempt to follow some basic rules of grammar when you post. It is just annoying to read.

Finally, when I played, I talked the talk and walked the walk. As I no longer play, I watch basketball games and post what I see. I do not believe that Linton is a better team than Hettinger-Scranton. That is my opinion based on watching both teams play at full strength.

u must live in hettinger.
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Ok guys ill lighten up and let the teams do the talking! Didnt mean to hurt feelings!
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 am

I do not live in Hettinger. I have been to Hettinger zero times in my life.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:34 am

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:
balla45 wrote:

u must live in hettinger.

Nope balla45 doesn't...but he does know his basketball.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Nope balla45 doesn't...but he does know his basketball.

Amen to that! balla45's basketball knowledge and insight is extensive.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsnut5 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 pm

It was said that Hettinger-Scranton lives and dies by the 3 point shot. I will tell you this, if a team lets Sadowsky shoot the 3, they will be the team that does not fair too well. The kid can truly fill it up from anywhere on the court. He is a great scorer of the basketball.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:22 pm

so what do you guru's think will happen @ the Shootout :)

Warroad, MN vs. Mahnomen, MN
East Grand Forks, MN vs. North Border
Fertile-Beltrami, MN vs. Park River-FL
#1 Four Winds-Minnewaukan vs. RV Cavalier
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Mahnomen
EGF
F-B
FW-M (by 10)...Cavalier needs to slow the pace to stay in this game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NDbballfan-AandB » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:44 pm

jimor wrote:Berthold 60 Our Redeemers 59 in a nail biter.

Our Redeemers controlled this game. Up 59-51 with a minute thirty left. They made mistakes young teams make. couldn't hit their free throws. They did a great job on austin lee. Much better job than rugby did on him. designating two kids that weren't offensive weapons to chase him the whole game and rotating them in and out when one would get tired. Lee was clearly frustrated. I came away impressed with our redeemers and I felt the better team had lost. I see no reason why our redeemers can't compete with rugby. This region has 3 teams that our worth of going to state. Rugby is still the favorite but the upside and talent level of our redeemers is the greatest in the region. They lack experience under pressure though and it shows. Berthold can beat anyone any given night if lee is hot. hennessy has to step up and score more. he needs to be a 16-20 point guy every night imo if berthold wants to go to state.
NDbballfan-AandB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovinbbnnd5962 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Who made Bruce so made on here any ways, evidently he wasn't at any of the games cuz yes Berthold led Rugby the whole game, and againsy Redeemers was back and forth game where there inexperence did show in the end. Maybe a year away yet but are so tuff on defensive end with the length. Can be hard to play against 6-8, 6-6, 6-4, when ur tallest player is 6-3. But then they don't have Lee.!!! Should be a fun Region 6...
lovinbbnnd5962
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brucenies@yahoo.com » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Linton over ellendale tonight by eight! Seems to me that everything is running its course as i thought! Linton is a top 5 team in the state and probably the easiest team to pick to win their region. Four winds over rugby tonight in a close one. They are 2 of the best in the state. Should be an excellent state tournament and its in the best venue in the state.
brucenies@yahoo.com
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 pm

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Linton over ellendale tonight by eight! Seems to me that everything is running its course as i thought! Linton is a top 5 team in the state and probably the easiest team to pick to win their region. Four winds over rugby tonight in a close one. They are 2 of the best in the state. Should be an excellent state tournament and its in the best venue in the state.

Wait wait wait…Who do you think the best team in the state is?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:56 am

Even after a loss to Four Winds, you cannot count Rugby out. Their only losses, to Beulah and the aforementioned, were each by one point and could have gone another way. Rugby could still make the run to the state championship, and I'm hoping for a rematch between Four Winds and Rugby, which is quite possible. I know Rugby has to get past Berthold again and Four Winds will have to get past North Star with Weston and history against them, but that would be a championship for the ages.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 am

HammerTime wrote:Even after a loss to Four Winds, you cannot count Rugby out. Their only losses, to Beulah and the aforementioned, were each by one point and could have gone another way. Rugby could still make the run to the state championship, and I'm hoping for a rematch between Four Winds and Rugby, which is quite possible. I know Rugby has to get past Berthold again and Four Winds will have to get past North Star with Weston and history against them, but that would be a championship for the ages.

I don't think Weston will be back…NS can still give them a game.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sticks11 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:26 am

packers21 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Even after a loss to Four Winds, you cannot count Rugby out. Their only losses, to Beulah and the aforementioned, were each by one point and could have gone another way. Rugby could still make the run to the state championship, and I'm hoping for a rematch between Four Winds and Rugby, which is quite possible. I know Rugby has to get past Berthold again and Four Winds will have to get past North Star with Weston and history against them, but that would be a championship for the ages.

I don't think Weston will be back…NS can still give them a game.

I think you're correct. I've heard they've ruled out Weston for the remainder of the season. I could be wrong, though.
Sticks11
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:44 am

brucenies@yahoo.com wrote:Linton over ellendale tonight by eight! Seems to me that everything is running its course as i thought! Linton is a top 5 team in the state and probably the easiest team to pick to win their region. Four winds over rugby tonight in a close one. They are 2 of the best in the state. Should be an excellent state tournament and its in the best venue in the state.

This is laughable. Region 3 is probably one of the most even Regions in the state. It is not a cake walk for Linton. There are about 6 teams that could potentially win it, all comes down to who plays their best ball those 3 nights in Regions.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsking » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:49 pm

I agree somewhat here. I really believe "losses" are something that some people look at it the wrong way! There is no shame on having some losses. I really believe that if there are used in a constructive way, that teams with losses are more dangerous than the ones who haven't lost yet. Nothing against Rugby, but look what happen last year, run the table during the season, and get beat in the last game of the year. I am pretty sure they would have rather lose 1 during the season, learn from it, more than losing the last game of the year for their 1st loss. These are kids, we need to remember its alright to make mistakes and learn from them. I am sure most of the older people on this site will say, "making a mistake, or failing at sometime in the childhood made them better. Class B basketball is alive and harder to predict. That's why its the best in the state! IMO
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby grunt4188 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Watch out region 7 the big red machine has just woke up!!!!!!!!!!
grunt4188
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HammerTime » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:25 pm

grunt4188 wrote:Watch out region 7 the big red machine has just woke up!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like it's a warning. Region 7, even with Beulah's win over Rugby, isn't strong compared to others. From what I've heard, Dickinson Trinity and New England are pretty much that region's best shot at a title. I wouldn't put them past the winners of Regions 1,4 and 6. Seems pretty late in the season for a "wakeup." I'm pretty sure Four Winds, Oak Grove, Northern Cass, North Star and Rugby could handle those two teams.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys