Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 am

OKCfan wrote:Anyone care to comment on the Fargo Forum not having an article on Northern Cass winning the Region last night? I've checked on inforum.com all morning and there isn't anything yet. We all know that if Oak Grove would've won last night, there would have been a lengthy article depicting the Grovers unbelievable run as an underdog in 4 consecutive games in regionals. I understand that the State A tournament is also going on right now, but this is a tremendous accomplishment for some team other than Oak Grove or Central Cass to win Region 1, and it deserves some publicity. Shame on you Forum, but more importantly, congrats to the Jags and good luck next week in Minot.

There is an article...however, it didn't make it in the online version for some reason.

Nice article in the physical newspaper...so jump off the 'shame on the Forum'.

EDIT: probably wasn't uploaded to website...might see it as the day progresses.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby OKCfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:33 am

Understandably so and I apologize if they do have an article on the game in the physical version. But I was born after 1960, so therefore I read the online version.
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 am

Kudos to the Northern Cass Jaguars on their first ever state berth!

It was very evident last night, but most followers of Region 1 boys basketball know that they won the championship on Tuesday night by winning at the buzzer over Hankinson. They were down to Hankinson that entire game, but in truth you need to play all 32 minutes and they sure did. NC's only lead was with 3.6 seconds to go...
Last night's championship game didn't offer a whole lot of a challenge, and it is too bad that the deciding victory was by 20 points. Luck of the draw in the bracket. It was a great run by Oak Grove to beat the teams to get as far as they did, and by doing it with a ton of underclassmen was impressive. As a fan, I would've much rather seen a contested victory.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Cap'n Crunch » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Kudos to the Northern Cass Jaguars on their first ever state berth!

It was very evident last night, but most followers of Region 1 boys basketball know that they won the championship on Tuesday night by winning at the buzzer over Hankinson. They were down to Hankinson that entire game, but in truth you need to play all 32 minutes and they sure did. NC's only lead was with 3.6 seconds to go...
Last night's championship game didn't offer a whole lot of a challenge, and it is too bad that the deciding victory was by 20 points. Luck of the draw in the bracket. It was a great run by Oak Grove to beat the teams to get as far as they did, and by doing it with a ton of underclassmen was impressive. As a fan, I would've much rather seen a contested victory.

C'mon Sioux, it is pretty unfair to make a claim like this. Give Oak Grove the credit they deserve, they beat the #2 and #3 seeded team in back to back nights! The latter of those two being a beat down of Enderlin who beat your Hankinson squad in the last game of the regular season. The game wasn't as competitive as any fan would want it to be but that is the nature of the game, you never know what you're gonna get.
Cap'n Crunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND-is-#1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Just some thought on the region one tourney...

First off what a run by Oak Grove.. Very good team for being a 10 seed. Takes out the #2 and #3 seed on the way to the ship. Too bad they couldn't have made it a little closer in the ship but congrats to them on a great tourney!

Northern Cass played a great tourney. Showed they can play with physical teams (Hankinson) as well as up tempo games (Oak Grove). They showed they can play from behind as well as maintain a lead. Tough draw with FWM in the first round..

Very disappointed with Enderlins effort.. Throughout the year I've said I think they can be the best team. Went 4-1 against the other top 4 teams (CC, Hankison, NC, and M/NS) during the regular season. Unfortunately they didn't come to play and fell to a hot Oak Grove team.

Jake Hanson is a very special player. Disappointing tourney, but they'll be back next year.

Not a huge fan of the scheels arena.. Granted it was put on very well, it's still not quite like the civic IMO.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:45 pm

OKCfan wrote:Understandably so and I apologize if they do have an article on the game in the physical version. But I was born after 1960, so therefore I read the online version.

There...read it

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3984752-n ... tournament
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Previous

Return to Boys