Next Year for Region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Next Year for Region 1

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am

Teams to be looking forward to seeing next year in region 1. Can any team challenge Oak Grove? Thoughts?
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Next Year for Region 1

Postby leroybla » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm

OG will have a few big holes to fill. Card and Pommersberger come to mind immediately. Card's rebounding and scoring will be missed as will Pommersberger's aggressive style of defense. He and Adams had a good 1-2 punch on defense, I thought, and I believe the two of them together were greater than the sum of their parts. OG won't go undefeated in Region 1, I predict.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:23 pm

leroybla wrote:OG will have a few big holes to fill. Card and Promersberger come to mind immediately. Card's rebounding and scoring will be missed as will Promersberger's aggressive style of defense. He and Adams had a good 1-2 punch on defense, I thought, and I believe the two of them together were greater than the sum of their parts. OG won't go undefeated in Region 1, I predict.

Every team will have its rough nights scoring...so I agree they won't go undefeated in R1.

OG has the parts to fill the holes...the thing is that the athletes will have to do a lot over the summer like this last group did.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Look for Oak Grove and Central Cass to be very strong next year. Enderlin, Northern Cass, and Kindred could be pretty good as well.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Region 1 .....2 years in a row now

the new Basketball Central??
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:40 pm

winner-within wrote:Region 1 .....2 years in a row now

Its been a good time lately in Region 1 in a few sports:
Volleyball - 3 titles in a row (2011 - Central Cass; 2012 - Kindred; 2013 - Northern Cass)
Baseball - 2 of last 3 titles (2011 - Kindred/Richland; 2013 - Central Cass)
Softball - 2 titles since softball (Class B) has been sanctioned (2012 - Enderlin/MV; 2013 - Central Cass)
Boys Basketball - 2 titles in a row (2013 - Milnor; 2014 - Oak Grove)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:44 am

That it has......would a person be off if they said some of the success is a result of having the big city of Fargo in your Region?

-like for camps & conditioning
-people live in these towns but work in Fargo
-more tournaments to attend

just wondering, because I saw good success in the Jr.Grand Am from B schools in this area in the elementary category
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:57 am

I think success at the elementary level is based solely on coaching.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:38 pm

balla45 wrote:I think success at the elementary level is based solely on coaching.

not in most tourns during traveling months, only because they're (players) a lot of the time, not all from the same school....so you can be the best coach in the world but your up against unbalance

we traveled this year with exclusively the kids from the same town and same grade (didnt loose once during the school schedule) and ran into to competition immediately in traveling ball....but our goal was to not recruit or stack..
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 pm

I was not thinking of the traveling basketball equation.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:53 pm

winner-within wrote:
balla45 wrote:I think success at the elementary level is based solely on coaching.

not in most tourns during traveling months, only because they're (players) a lot of the time, not all from the same school....so you can be the best coach in the world but your up against unbalance

we traveled this year with exclusively the kids from the same town and same grade (didnt loose once during the school schedule) and ran into to competition immediately in traveling ball....but our goal was to not recruit or stack..

Winner, I have read a lot of what you have written over the years. I am surprised that your goals are set so low.

Your last sentence cracked me up. Do you really mean to say that your goal was to not recruit or stack??? I would have guessed (had you stopped after saying traveling ball) that your goal was to develop and establish greater cohesion among a group of kids that you are hoping will be playing together for many years to come.

To me what you said reminds me of setting a goal to not loose, rather than setting a goal to accomplish something positive.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 am

d_fense wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Winner, I have read a lot of what you have written over the years. I am surprised that your goals are set so low.

Your last sentence cracked me up. Do you really mean to say that your goal was to not recruit or stack??? I would have guessed (had you stopped after saying traveling ball) that your goal was to develop and establish greater cohesion among a group of kids that you are hoping will be playing together for many years to come.

To me what you said reminds me of setting a goal to not loose, rather than setting a goal to accomplish something positive.

you have to look at what I was responding to.... if you travel stacked up, then its not "solely all coaching" is it? so I had to make that clear....you can also bet if you've read my stuff I strive for excellence :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mailman_25 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Region 1 .....2 years in a row now

Its been a good time lately in Region 1 in a few sports:
Volleyball - 3 titles in a row (2011 - Central Cass; 2012 - Kindred; 2013 - Northern Cass)
Baseball - 2 of last 3 titles (2011 - Kindred/Richland; 2013 - Central Cass)
Softball - 2 titles since softball (Class B) has been sanctioned (2012 - Enderlin/MV; 2013 - Central Cass)
Boys Basketball - 2 titles in a row (2013 - Milnor; 2014 - Oak Grove)

Add:
Boys Track - 3 in a row (2011 - Central Cass; 2012 and 2013 - Lisbon)
Boys Golf - 3 in a row (2011-2013 - Kindred)
Girls Golf - 2 in a row(2012 and 2013 - Kindred)
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby baloncesto » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 pm

District 1
1. W/L (Harles, Jorgensen, Schmidt)
2. Lisbon (Schultz, Lau)
3. Milnor (Marlatt, Olson)
4. Hankinson (Mauch, Mauch)

District 2.
1. OG (Kretchman, Adams)
2. CC (Breske, Voss)
3. NC (Springer)
4. Enderlin (Hurlburt)
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Central Cass will be tough next year and is the top team IMO. Oak Grove, Northern Cass and Enderlin will be right there too.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Heard something about Kretchman thinking of leaving OG? Anyone know if this is true?
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby class_b_fan22 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:27 pm

Run I'm curious why you have central cass as number 1? previously I saw you had Oak Grove as number 1 in the district, and obviously everyone thinks they should be number 1 :|
class_b_fan22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:16 am

ND-is-#1 wrote:Heard something about Kretchman thinking of leaving OG? Anyone know if this is true?

Haven't heard that..I'm sure this is a rumor. They'd have to move for him to be eligible right away.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:19 am

class_b_fan22 wrote:Run I'm curious why you have central cass as number 1? previously I saw you had Oak Grove as number 1 in the district, and obviously everyone thinks they should be number 1 :|

I did not put a district ranking out...so that is false.

I think Central Cass returns enough to be the favorite...District 2 will be stacked with CC, OG, NC & Enderlin all returning talent. Oak Grove will be good...they return three quality scorers and a decent bench/talent coming up. I think the real difference is the loss of the three graduating seniors that played very good defense.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:Heard something about Kretchman thinking of leaving OG? Anyone know if this is true?

Haven't heard that..I'm sure this is a rumor. They'd have to move for him to be eligible right away.

Sounds like barber shop talk to me.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys