Stock in the Hoopster?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby jwb262 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:12 pm

How much to place in it? Ive just recently recieved it, and began reading . Im new to North Dakota and the basketball scene. Ive been watching for a long time, and have come to find out there is alot of different opinions on pre-season publications. Whats everyones early observation of it? How many Class B teams have a shot at the Tourney? I know here @ TLM we are thinking deep playoff run.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:20 pm

Im going to comment on a couple of other things. 188 teams (class B), that excites me already. Ive never been apart of a playoff system with so many schools vieing for 1 title. The Oklahoma system is a bit watered down with 7 classes. They also control the fate of every team involved, deciding what of the 8 areas they will be assigned to. On most occasions they try to be geographically correct. In other cases (showing favoritism) they will beef up one area by sending 2-3 ranked teams to it. While weakening another for a top-ranked team. Nothin of the sorts here! Its cut & dried on who plays who with the dual districts forming a region. A true 64-team March Madness format, with no preference for the strong. Im going to enjoy it, I already see that!

The Forum I came from started the same as this one (identical), and grew into this=

www.coachesaid.com
Last edited by jwb262 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:16 pm

jwb262 wrote:Im going to comment on a couple of other things. 188 teams (class B), that excites me already. Ive never been apart of a playoff system with so many schools vieing for 1 title. The Oklahoma system is a bit watered down with 7 classes. They also control the fate of every team involved, deciding what of the 8 areas they will be assigned to. On most occasions they try to be geographically correct. In other cases (showing favoritism) they will beef up one area by sending 2-3 ranked teams to it. While weakening another for a top-ranked team. Nothin of the sorts here! Its cut & dried on who plays who with the dual districts forming a region. A true 64-team March Madness format, with no preference for the strong. Im going to enjoy it, I already see that!

Come region time you will not be dissapointed.  It is real exciting, and the Class B state tourny is nuts, perhaps the best sporting event in North Dakota, especially if your team is involved.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:15 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
jwb262 wrote:Im going to comment on a couple of other things. 188 teams (class B), that excites me already. Ive never been apart of a playoff system with so many schools vieing for 1 title. The Oklahoma system is a bit watered down with 7 classes. They also control the fate of every team involved, deciding what of the 8 areas they will be assigned to. On most occasions they try to be geographically correct. In other cases (showing favoritism) they will beef up one area by sending 2-3 ranked teams to it. While weakening another for a top-ranked team. Nothin of the sorts here! Its cut & dried on who plays who with the dual districts forming a region. A true 64-team March Madness format, with no preference for the strong. Im going to enjoy it, I already see that!

Come region time you will not be dissapointed.  It is real exciting, and the Class B state tourny is nuts, perhaps the best sporting event in North Dakota, especially if your team is involved.

I totally agree.  The Class "B" State Boys Tournament is hugely popular.   Entire towns show up at the games if their team is participating.  I'm not sure where the tournament is being held this year, but there is nothing like the atmosphere of the Bismarck Civic Center during the "B" when it is held in Bismarck!!   Definitely one of the highlights of late winter!

I highly recommend to anyone interested to view the documentary that Prairie Public TV produced a few years back on the history of the Class "B" basketball tournament.  I believe it was called "One Shining Moment: The History of the State "B"" Very good documentary.  
twinsfan34

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:16 pm

accoring to the media guide at the dakota bowl, girls state basketball is in minot and boys state basketball is in bismarck
rep

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:59 pm

I believe that those dates were for this  past year.  I know the girls were in Minot and the boys were in Bismarck this past March.  Anyone know of this upcoming spring and where they might be???
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 pm

on the same listing of tournament sites, they have class a baseball in jamestown. i was in jamestown for the state b baseball tournament last june, so i'm guessing that they are doing it the same this year as they did last year.

all i can go by is what is right in front of me though.
rep

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:06 pm

rep

Postby jwb262 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:06 pm

I have had alot of years of interaction with Oklahoma small school State Tourneys. I love that time of year and the atmosphere. I hope I get to attend, and the TLM Trojans are apart of it.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys