WDAY Coverage

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: WDAY Coverage

Postby LarryBirdFan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:23 pm

I just wish they would zoom out two inches, I hate not being able to see the shooters on the top of the key. I also want to watch them swing the ball around the outside!! Other than that, it's not too bad! Please get that cameraman some help!!!!
LarryBirdFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:24 pm

LarryBirdFan wrote:I just wish they would zoom out two inches, I hate not being able to see the shooters on the top of the key. I also want to watch them swing the ball around the outside!! Other than that, it's not too bad! Please get that cameraman some help!!!!

If you have a HD tv it shouldn't be a problem. Camera on my tv is fine
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:40 pm

KG4MVP wrote:
LarryBirdFan wrote:I just wish they would zoom out two inches, I hate not being able to see the shooters on the top of the key. I also want to watch them swing the ball around the outside!! Other than that, it's not too bad! Please get that cameraman some help!!!!

If you have a HD tv it shouldn't be a problem. Camera on my tv is fine

True... I watched the championship game both on regular TV and in HD, and while I couldn't see Kretchman when he was shooting those long-distance 3's on the regular TV, I could see him while watching HD. :)
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lions700 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 am

Does anyone know if there is now some fire code about turning off the lights for introductions?? Looks like they hate Mother Earth by using electricity to shine spotlights and turn on those arch things to run through when all the lights in the building are on. Does anyone know if the committee just didnt want to turn off the lights?
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OKCfan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 am

I personally loved not having Jon Cole there doing interviews to those poor young men after games. He never asked a question, he just made a comment then got uncomfortably close to the player and watched them squirm.
OKCfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 pm

ninja_joe wrote:John Cole needs to give the Schafer guy (WDAY's sideline man) some pointers. Maybe Cole should take him out for a few beers & teach him the ropes about doing half time interviews with the coaches. John Cole's keys to success--never, ever ask any questions...just get up in whoever's face he is talking to with the mike, MAKE A STATEMENT, & put the mike in your face!! That is how it's done!

I completely agree with this observation. I cannot understand why anyone missed him at the B. His close-talking is just painful to watch. And he does NOT know how to conduct an interview. Ninja Joe nailed that one on the head.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 pm

OKCfan wrote:I personally loved not having Jon Cole there doing interviews to those poor young men after games.

I agree with this one as well. Interviewing the losing players is always the same thing - the poor kid is too down to offer any conversation and what high school kid wants to be interviewed right after they lose the biggest game of their career?

If you must interview someone from the losing side interview the coach. They can be detached enough from the emotion to provide intelligent information about how or why they lost, or maybe just info on why the other team won.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys