North Star vs 4 Winds video

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

North Star vs 4 Winds video

Postby vikingman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:24 pm

I'll put up the full overtimes and maybe the last few minutes of regulation first. That should be done by around 10:45. Full game highlights for both teams will be 11:30 or later.

I've said it earlier, at the beginning of this season I had no plans whatsoever for this team going to state. 2 Freshmen and 3 juniors. Tonight, 4 of the starters played the entire 40 minutes. One starter fouled out with about 10 seconds in regulation. That was our only substitution for the entire game. Just when it looked like we had it won, 4-Winds would come back. Then we came back from a 5-point deficit in the final minute or so, winning on a pretty much impossible shot by Weston.

Unfortunately, my iPod radio konked out on me before the game, and my secondary radio was very scratchy. I haven't had a chance to listen to it at all, but the audio if going to be pretty bad, I'm afraid.

I'll add links to this post when there done.

It's taking a long time to transfer the video to the computer. Maybe by 11 pm.

Weston hit a 3 just before the buzzer to send it to OT, then hit one at the end of the 2nd OT to win it.

(highlights removed until after state tournament--you had your chance!)

Did anyone record the KZZY feed? I hate to mess up on one of the biggest games in Cando-North Star basketball history. We can get the recorded version from Langdon, but Simmons broadcasting won't let us put that on our highlights.
Last edited by vikingman on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: North Star vs 4 Winds video

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:37 am

Wow, what a finish. After watching those videos, can I get a second for "Team of Destiny?" The FW missed free throws -- the end of 1st OT with the ball spinning out. And the Weston kid -- last year gets shutout in the final -- this year he's the hero; not once, but twice. This is Hollywood stuff, man.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 am

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:Wow, what a finish.

This.

Sound was bad or was it just my computer? I'd like to listen to the end of that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:54 am

read OP
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby MTfan4life » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:26 am

Wow, that was awesome. Weston was Christian Laettner'esque in those two videos. It seemed everything he put up was a perfect swish; that's clutch. After North Star ran that exact free throw play at the end of regulation, don't you think the defense could have telegraphed where that ball was going in the second ot? I know it was a high emotional game, but I'm surprised FW-M didn't pick up on that. It's not a very difficult or confusing set to defend as long as you know what side the ball is on.

Anyways, that looked like an amazing atmosphere. Region 4 has seemed to put up some pretty exciting games over the last several years.
MTfan4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 am

Thanks for that :mrgreen:
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby yadot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:28 am

Atmosphere was incredible. Everyone standing through the end of regulation and both ots. What a game. Didnt think I would ever see a region 4 game like the northstar warwick game 2 years ago but I think I did last night . Thanks vikingman for videos and all your work.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 am

Beighley's call "Alex Weston where have you been!!!"...classic!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am

vikingman wrote:read OP

sorry, just clicked the links
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 am

That was awesome!! That is what Class B basketball in ND is all about!!
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Ironically Buelah & NS are following each other around...they both went 2 years ago and they both lost out last year and then the both go again this year.... :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm

I've locked all of our highlight videos until after the state tournament.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm sure interest has waned at this point, but I'll put these links back on, as well as highlights from North Star's state games.

I uploaded at 1920p, but YouTube defaults to 360p, so if you are going full-screen, make sure to change your settings to 1920p or it will be quite pixelated.

The 3 'buzzer shots' in slow motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvZEIQ5qNeM

End of regulation and 1st OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGjoxGQTK2Y

2nd OT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcmCwdyXmA

North Star vs Beulah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phuv8E0-dew

North Star vs Rugby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1lanOxBXgA

North Star vs Linton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKZuqzUIGHo

As for the 4-Winds game, probably 1/16th of an inch made the difference between 4-Winds winning at the end of the 1st ot. For NS, if a player makes ONE clutch 3-pointer to save the game, maybe you can say he got lucky. But when the same player makes TWO clutch 3-pointers in the same game, then you have to say he was REALLY lucky.

And here's a video of some of our BB stars doing their take on PTI:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us4PlN89LUA
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

MTfan4life wrote: After North Star ran that exact free throw play at the end of regulation, don't you think the defense could have telegraphed where that ball was going in the second ot?

Anyways, that looked like an amazing atmosphere. Region 4 has seemed to put up some pretty exciting games over the last several years.

I watched the whole game last night for the first time and just realized that NS actually ran that play THREE times. The first time was with about 20 seconds left in regulation after a missed free throw. On that occasion, they turned it over at half-court, but you can see Weston making his move down at the baseline to get the pass from States, just as he did on the other two plays.

So 4-Winds had seen the play twice before things got to the last play of double-overtime.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys