Region champs

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 20 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:57 pm

I'm not sure who will com out of each region.  Botno, Minot Ryan, and Velva are all good teams and I think that is one of the toughest regions to come out of.

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:40 pm

Without looking at who is in what region, I will offer some picks.  Watford City, Bowman to beat Trinity, P-B-K to represent the underdog small schools, MPCG, Richland, and  Bottineau.  These are just preliminary picks until I get more info. on the region tourney's.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:08 pm

[user=1]NDSportsFan[/user] wrote:
 Without looking at who is in what region, I will offer some picks.  Watford City, Bowman to beat Trinity, P-B-K to represent the underdog small schools, MPCG, Richland, and  Bottineau.  These are just preliminary picks until I get more info. on the region tourney's.

I agree with ya except for the Bowman game. I think Trinity will take that region especially if its in Dickinson, seems like they play there best when it comes tournament time.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby piratefan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Bowman always puts together a nice run in the district tournament, then they forget to show up to the regional.  Trinity is a team that is well coached and always shows up at tournament time with plenty of tournament experience on their belt.  The Bulldogs haven't been to the show since 1981.  I see Trinity taking the season finale between the teams, and it'll make for a heck of a regional tournament.
piratefan

Postby ND_SportsNut » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Four Winds will win up here in Region 4.  They have great team quickness and there isnt much competition in that region.
ND_SportsNut

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Four Winds and Devils Lake to take state?  That would be like a double play or something.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:53 pm

How is everyone picking Bottineau to come out of that Region Velva beat them by 21 points on Friday night??

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:59 pm

Is Velva your pick to win it then?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:49 pm

Yeah of course, i think Minot Ryan is a better overall team then Bottineau is

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 pm

That region seems like a real toss-up.  Velva may be top dog now.  I haven't seen them play, but it sounds like the Effertz guy is their best player and if he can be contained they could be knocked off. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 pm

Effertz is a good player but Velva had 6 players in double figures against bottineau so you cant say that its just a 1 man team.

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:57 pm

I guess that would dispell my theory then. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Our there any other teams in that region that could give those teams a run for there money or is just those three?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:52 am

Kenmare usually has a decent team and is really well coached, DLB has a team that could really be a sleeper in that region and give teams a run for there money.

Postby smooth » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:10 am

Velva's only loss was to Turtle Lake.  Even though Turtle Lake is leading there district that loss raises some questions for Velva.   I heard they really struggled defensivley that night, had trouble gaurding T. Lakes freshman gaurd.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison_18 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:18 pm

If anyone was at that game, you would know that turtle lake hardly missed a shot. Velva didn't play that well. But if you want to talk about defense, Velva held Botinneau to just 21 points in the first half.  That's pretty impressive if you ask me. At one time velva had a 29 point lead. When velva is playin their best, they can take on just about any team.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby TNT » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:35 pm

Velva always fades before the end of the year because the coaches do not fix what is wrong and other teams correct what they are doing wrong.  Velva played well as they could vs Boutineau and Boutineau played as bad as they could play vs Velva.  Both teams have alot of talent.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:07 pm

So who are the big contenders in each region? Region 2 i would have to say is Mayville and probably North Border probably put Thompson in there now that they can say they beat Mayville. Bowman and Trinity in that region (which region are they? Just trying to get a view of top conternders from each region.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 pm

I'll give it a hack, even though I'm picking half the regions on record alone.

Region 1: Richland

Region 2: May-Port-CG

Region 3: Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal

Region 4: Four Winds (this might be the weakest region in the state)

Region 5: Wilton (another weak region)

Region 6:  Bishop Ryan (very tough region at the top, i.e. Bottineau, Velva)

Region 7: Dickinson Trinity (but I'm cheering for Bowman)

Region 8: Watford City (Parshall is a close second)
Y-not Daily

Postby CLASSB2001 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:16 pm

I don't know about North Border in Region 2. They lost to Drayton-St.Thomas last week. They are always in region semi-finals though no matter what they do during the regular season.  MPCG would be the logical pick in R2.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:41 pm

Yeah i hear ya with NB just don't know if there is another team that will compete with Mayville this year in that region. They are just a notch better then most of those teams in that region. Thompson I guess could be the sleeper in that region but i highly doubt it.

In Four Winds region what team will most likely give them there best game at regionals? Its weird, that region might be the weakest in the state. because they usually have some really good team come out of that region.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:51 pm

Wells County, Langdon, and Minnewauken-Leeds are Four Winds toughest tests. Wells County has by far played the closest game against Four Winds with FW winning 65-61, so probably Wells county will be the toughest test. I see FW coasting through districts and regionals.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:22 am

Region 1: Richland

Region 2: Mayville

Region 3: P-B-K (cheering for Ashley because I have relatives there)

Region 4: Four Winds

Region 5: Shiloh

Region 6: Minot Ryan- very tough region to be in

Region 7: Bowman

Region 8: Divide County
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Velva in Iraq » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:33 am

I can understand giving the edge to Ryan in Region 6, but I wouldn't ever count out Bottineau and Velva hasn't been in a situation like they are now so you never know.  Is region 6 in Minot this year because that may give Ryan another edge, however Minot is like a second home to Velva and if you remember Velva put a beating on Both teams this year earlier so I think the Region is gonna go to which ever team shows up with their A game.
Velva in Iraq
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TNT » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:07 am

Ryan and Velva have not played yet they play on thursday, advanage in Regionals is not to Velva when was the last time they won a region game?  At least 5 years? Velva's team is always loaded with talent it just never gets developed.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys