Region champs

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 333 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:47 pm

in region 8 watford city and parshall are really closely matched. the first time they played each other parshall won by 2 in 2 OT. they play each other again tonight. watford kinda has an advantage because they have quite a bit of height and parshall doesn't have very much height at all. so i dunno....it's hard to tell who will come out of that region.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Velva in Iraq » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 am

I never said the advantage at regionals goes to Velva.  I agree Velva hasn't won a region game since 98 I believe.  And I agree Velva always seems to have the talent, but never does anything with it, but this year they have a team and not just talent so I am just saying don't count them out based on the past.
Velva in Iraq
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:12 am

Velva does look to have their best team this year.

Also Parshall knocked off Watford City last night.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby B » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:34 am

I'm not sure if I agree with you on Region 5. 

I've seen both teams play and Wilton and Shiloh "can" really play defense and both can score a ton of points in a short amount of time.

B

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:58 pm

The way Mayville went throught the District I wouldnt be suprised to see them get beat in the region 2 tournament. Heck, it could even be Cavalier in the first game.....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:45 pm

As much as I would love to see Cavalier beat Mayville its just not gonna happen. If Cavalier and Matt Anderson play well they will give them a game and are capable of an upset but I just dont see it happening.

The tournament is at the Betty i believe though, so it will be on a Neutral court so nobody has an advantage and I would say North Border has the best chance of upsetting the Patriots in Region 2.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby littleman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:58 pm

I think u are under estimating the dogs in this region. I mean ya they have choked the last couple of years. But there two top players, Payton and Donny have only been sophmores and juniors. So having the experiance and the determination with only one loss this year i think they will pull it off. With derek as a heck of a post player if he stay in the paint and tivis, burke, breen nockin from the out side i think they will be unbeatable if they play to there potential in this region. I have watched a couple of there games and they seemt o be really good. Better then i think ever before.
littleman
littleman
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys