Best Player in Class B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:16 pm

im from class a really dont know much or anything for that matter just interested to know who the best player is in class a
ballplayer15

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:04 pm

Mark Bakkum is my choice.
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gamechanger » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Bakkum's too overrated in my opinion, i'd pick one of the packineou brothers from parshall, tony ironheart, or that garrett harding kid from midkota's pretty good.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballer2 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:29 pm

haha ya he is overated... anyway....Lorenz can flat out win and play... works hard and just knows how to win... I love watchin the packineus play.... boys know how to stroke it... flat out score.... ironheart had good stats and knows how to win also... but overall i will say Luke Lorenz....
Last edited by bballer2 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:46 pm

Tony Ironheart is definetely one of the best. Has a great pull-up jumper, and is tough to keep out of the lane.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:47 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Tony Ironheart is definetely one of the best. Has a great pull-up jumper, and is tough to keep out of the lane.

who is coaching four winds this year? is rick smith again or will they have a different coach with a different system?
Last edited by rep on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby OldmanBBall » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:09 pm

I'm gonna say the Packineus will own this whole season.
OldmanBBall

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:32 pm

Yeah I gotta agree with Lorenz, he can score if he needs to and will probably see more from him this year, but it's his defense that sets him apart from the rest. Everyone else mentioned are good players too and you could make the argument for them also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:40 pm

OldmanBBall wrote:I'm gonna say the Packineus will own this whole season.

with neil's broken leg, i don't think that it will play a role in them not getting to state, but as far as owning the whole season, i don't know.

do they get the no. 1 ranking in the state without one of their top players? if they lose, do they get dropped in the polls? what if they lose a couple of games? it's a weird situation until they get to full strength.

they still have some good players, don't get me wrong, but i'll be curious who is no. 1 come january.
rep

Postby sportsperson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:51 pm

I think lorenz is a tad overrated. I still think he's good but he's not great.  Defensively he's on a different level than most guys in the state, but offensively he's mediocre at best.  He doesn't have a quick enough first step to create his own shot or penetrate and his range is limited. Outiside of 15-16 feet he's pretty shaky. Another question I have about him is how he's gonna fare without Baldwin taking up defenders down low.  I also don't think Tony Ironheart gets enough credit. After watching him at the state tournament and a team camp I'm impressed with his game.  At the team camp he created easy shots for a bunch of guys who have no varsity experience while getting his own.  He's a guy whose gonna make everyone around him better and you can't say enough about a player like that.  That's one knock I have on the Packineaus, they don't make the people around them much better.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 pm

thank you
ballplayer15

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:38 pm

if lorenz is overrated it is not for his fundamentals and mind for the game so i dont see how he is overrated.  if hes not the faster/quickest guy there is, then why does everything he does work?  last year in the state tourney if he wanted to take a 15 foot baseline jumper he did n made it most of the time.  if he wanted to get to the hole, he did.  Lorenz is the best "all-around" player in class B.  there are guys who score more, but you find one who plays better defense to make up for it i will then say he is overrated.
Last edited by baseball on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:10 am

bballer2 wrote:haha ya he is overated... the best player in class B is a tough one... Luke Lorenz can flat out win and play... works hard and just knows how to win... I love watchin the packineus play.... boys know how to stroke it... flat out score.... ironheart had good stats and knows how to win also... but overall i will say Luke Lorenz....

i would give it to bakkum becuz he is humble^^^^
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:30 am

gamechanger wrote:Bakkum's too overrated in my opinion, i'd pick one of the packineou brothers from parshall, tony ironheart, or that garrett harding kid from midkota's pretty good.

Who's the harding kid from midkota ive never even heard of him
AandBfan

Postby rep » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:38 am

AandBfan wrote:
gamechanger wrote:Bakkum's too overrated in my opinion, i'd pick one of the packineou brothers from parshall, tony ironheart, or that garrett harding kid from midkota's pretty good.

Who's the harding kid from midkota ive never even heard of him

i think of harding as a nifty player...he makes some plays...scores some points...i don't think he is upper echolon in the state, but he is all right. he is one of those kids who doesn't look athletic, but can surprise you with the plays he is capable of.

i think he is a better baseball player than basketball player though. if i remember right he seemed to come on towards the end of last year's high school season.
rep

Postby cdub1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:32 am

power-aid14 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:haha ya he is overated... the best player in class B is a tough one... Luke Lorenz can flat out win and play... works hard and just knows how to win... I love watchin the packineus play.... boys know how to stroke it... flat out score.... ironheart had good stats and knows how to win also... but overall i will say Luke Lorenz....

ya bakkum is very humble he isnt a complainer when you play against him talkin trash the entire game like some players do and he doesnt yell at his team the entire game he looks for them we he isnt open and scores when he is open no idea how these kids think he is overrated he is the best shooter in class b and he has the best handles i have seen from any player out there
Last edited by cdub1 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:45 am

cdub1 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

ya bakkum is very humble he isnt a complain when you play against him talkin shoot the entire game like some players do and he doesnt yell at his team the entire game he looks for them we he isnt open and scores when he is no idea how these kids think he is overrated he is the best shooter in class be and he has the best handles i have seen from any player out there

i wonder if the idea that bakkum isn't humble comes from him taking long three-pointers...some might view that as arrogant? the kid has range and is one of the few in class b that should be taking that shot because he can hit it consistently and not just every once in a while.

i agree too that the kid can pass pretty well. i would think that he falls under the category of 'i hate him, unless he is on my team, then i love him'
Last edited by rep on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndbb » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:45 am

who said Garret Harding? That is apparently a joke.  I'll go with three players in the elite class- Bakkum, Lorenz, and Casey Becker.
Last edited by ndbb on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:57 am

ndbb wrote:who said Garret Harding? That is apparently a joke.  I'll go with three players in the elite class- Bakkum, Lorenz, and Casey Becker.

i have no concrete data to back this up, but i'm going to guess that harding is a 10-14 point/6-8 rebound a night player.

to me he falls into this category:

all-district - no question.

all-region - probably.

all-state - not in my opinion.
rep

Postby UNC1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:02 pm

One player u have to throw in the conversation is Thomas Burke from Bowman. He will be very good this year. His stats weren't  that good last year because he had Tivis, Pauley, Breen on his team but this year suspect his states to be way up. He is an all-state caliber player.
Last edited by UNC1 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Devils » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:59 pm

rep wrote:[user=128]ndbb[/user] wrote:
who said Garret Harding? That is apparently a joke.  I'll go with three players in the elite class- Bakkum, Lorenz, and Casey Becker.

i have no concrete data to back this up, but i'm going to guess that harding is a 10-14 point/6-8 rebound a night player.

to me he falls into this category:

all-district - no question.

all-region - probably.

all-state - not in my opinion.
Harding is a 16 pt, 7 rb a night guy...last year i saw his team dont pass him the ball enough..he has some wicked moves
Devils
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballplayer15 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:21 pm

well im just gunna throw this out there and sy casey becker is the best player in class b
ballplayer15

Postby AandBfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:39 pm

Looks like the whole midkota team have accounts now, hardings name sure comes up a lot for a player most people on here say is just average
AandBfan

Postby gamechanger » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:57 pm

i agree, lorenz is overrated, how can u say top in the state when he didn't even make all-district?  dousn't make much sense to me i guess.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:14 pm

gamechanger wrote:i agree, lorenz is overrated, how can u say top in the state when he didn't even make all-district?  dousn't make much sense to me i guess.

state tournament MVP.............
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys