Best Player in Class B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:45 am

mdk23 wrote:Now wait a second. I am not disagreeing with you but there is a difference between the best athlete and the best player. Just because a player is athletic doesn't mean he is a good player. Good players are ones with a good combination of athleticism, knowledge of the game, and court vision. Lorenz and Bakkum may have those too, I am not real up to date on either one, but lets not assume athleticism makes athletes in and of itself.

i totally agree. lorenz is probally not the best athlete in the state but he is one of the best players in the state a or b. Because of knowledge of the game, work ethic, being a leader, and playing stellar defense. Bakkum has the athleticism, vision, and work ethic on his side. plus, the kid can shoot. there is a difference between great athlete and great basketball player.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 am

Nelson and Ostrom are legitimate 15 point scorers a night.....when FSHP starts to mesh together after playing a few games together this team could be really tough...i'm telling you...watch out for them
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:30 am

The Schwab wrote:Nelson and Ostrom are legitimate 15 point scorers a night.....when FSHP starts to mesh together after playing a few games together this team could be really tough...i'm telling you...watch out for them

I feel that fshp lacks fire power. I think a good defense could stop nelson and ostrom. Ostrom is a hard worker and is a tough defender but i am still not convinced in his defense. I am not overally impressed with nelson, but he's young and athletic for a big guy. I wish them the best because finley sharon has worked hard to build there program. This year they have a chance to make regionals soley because of a weak district. But i agree with you, in the future FSHP will be a team to watch.
PA42

Postby basketballjones » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:21 am

Does anybody know what other teams played Friday and how they did?
basketballjones

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:46 am

basketballjones wrote:Does anybody know what other teams played Friday and how they did?

theres a topic "Boys Basketball Scores" that post most of the scores around the state if not all of them.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:26 pm

what about players such as jamie mauch and justin moe? these are two good athletes with unlimited potential.
PA42

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:47 pm

horne98 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Nelson and Ostrom are legitimate 15 point scorers a night.....when FSHP starts to mesh together after playing a few games together this team could be really tough...i'm telling you...watch out for them

I feel that fshp lacks fire power. I think a good defense could stop nelson and ostrom. Ostrom is a hard worker and is a tough defender but i am still not convinced in his defense. I am not overally impressed with nelson, but he's young and athletic for a big guy. I wish them the best because finley sharon has worked hard to build there program. This year they have a chance to make regionals soley because of a weak district. But i agree with you, in the future FSHP will be a team to watch.

FYI --The Flu bug has been going around a FSHP and Riemers was sick the week before the game and Nelson was sick the day of and over this weekend so who knows if he will play to his full potential even tonight.  Give the team time like was said earlier and you might be surprised by them.  Ostrom is a very good player and has alot of talent in many areas Nelson has a lot of talent when he is healthyand is a strong defensive player as well as a shooter  They have a few others that can step up too.  Lets just wait and see what happens, you can't always put a lot of stock in the first few games but it does give you and idea
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby radar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:46 pm

horne98 wrote:

how can you say its a week district with kindred beating Leeds Minn and giving Parshall a good game without tyler johnson, this is a district with oak grove, kindred, casselton, big schools with good coaches and the region is the best in the state
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:50 pm

[user=1314]radar[/user] wrote:
horne98 wrote:

how can you say its a week district with kindred beating Leeds Minn and giving Parshall a good game without tyler johnson, this is a district with oak grove, kindred, casselton, big schools with good coaches and the region is the best in the state

Best region?? That is debatable :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:22 am

i could'nt agree more. I'm not taking anything away from any of the teams but region 1 is not competitive. District 1 has never done anything at regionals. Don't pay attention to the early season scores. Injuries, new coaches. Let's break it down. Kindred has talent but last year they could'nt compete when they faced a tough opponent. FSHP are going to compete but they beat the worst team in district three griggs county by four points. Central Cass has some size but again not enough athleticism to compete at the state level. Oak Grove is not consisent and at times are terrible. Richland does'nt have much back from a team who was outplayed at state. I wish them the best of luck at state but have not had a team compete at state for a while.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:04 am

Dillan Ostrom took over....and GCC isnt gunna be bad this year....they have alot of athletic kids....and they play as a team
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:13 am

radar wrote:how can you say its a week district with kindred beating Leeds Minn and giving Parshall a good game without tyler johnson, this is a district with oak grove, kindred, casselton, big schools with good coaches and the region is the best in the state

When did Kindred beat Leeds-Minnewaukan? Anyway, I dont think there are any overwhelming regions this year like there has been in past years. Look at the poll as it stands right now, the top 7 teams are all from different regions. Not saying polls are right all the time, but just an example.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby radar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:14 am

horne98 wrote:i could'nt agree more. I'm not taking anything away from any of the teams but region 1 is not competitive. District 1 has never done anything at regionals. Don't pay attention to the early season scores. Injuries, new coaches. Let's break it down. Kindred has talent but last year they could'nt compete when they faced a tough opponent. FSHP are going to compete but they beat the worst team in district three griggs county by four points. Central Cass has some size but again not enough athleticism to compete at the state level. Oak Grove is not consisent and at times are terrible. Richland does'nt have much back from a team who was outplayed at state. I wish them the best of luck at state but have not had a team compete at state for a while.
milner 2nd in state tourn 03 and region 1 is the most competitive in the state because the high talent level is so spread out 1 or 2 all staters on each team but only state tourn teams or 17 plus win team players get the coverage
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:21 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
radar wrote:how can you say its a week district with kindred beating Leeds Minn and giving Parshall a good game without tyler johnson, this is a district with oak grove, kindred, casselton, big schools with good coaches and the region is the best in the state

When did Kindred beat Leeds-Minnewaukan? Anyway, I dont think there are any overwhelming regions this year like there has been in past years. Look at the poll as it stands right now, the top 7 teams are all from different regions. Not saying polls are right all the time, but just an example.
my mistake it was cavalier
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:39 am

radar wrote:
horne98 wrote:i could'nt agree more. I'm not taking anything away from any of the teams but region 1 is not competitive. District 1 has never done anything at regionals. Don't pay attention to the early season scores. Injuries, new coaches. Let's break it down. Kindred has talent but last year they could'nt compete when they faced a tough opponent. FSHP are going to compete but they beat the worst team in district three griggs county by four points. Central Cass has some size but again not enough athleticism to compete at the state level. Oak Grove is not consisent and at times are terrible. Richland does'nt have much back from a team who was outplayed at state. I wish them the best of luck at state but have not had a team compete at state for a while.
milner 2nd in state tourn 03 and region 1 is the most competitive in the state because the high talent level is so spread out 1 or 2 all staters on each team but only state tourn teams or 17 plus win team players get the coverage

not saying that i'm swayed one way or the other, i just find it interesting that region 1 thinks they are pretty decent, yet the rest of the state thinks they are lagging behind. from everything i've seen with region 1 it is competitive but i'm not sure about the overall quality when compared to, say, region 7 last year or region 3 which usually is pretty tough year-in and year-out.

considering region 1 is covered by the biggest newspaper in the state (forum) and should get quite a bit of coverage with fargo t.v., i would think that teams/players would get quite a bit of coverage.
rep

Postby radar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:51 am

rep wrote:
radar wrote:

not saying that i'm swayed one way or the other, i just find it interesting that region 1 thinks they are pretty decent, yet the rest of the state thinks they are lagging behind. from everything i've seen with region 1 it is competitive but i'm not sure about the overall quality when compared to, say, region 7 last year or region 3 which usually is pretty tough year-in and year-out.

considering region 1 is covered by the biggest newspaper in the state (forum) and should get quite a bit of coverage with fargo t.v., i would think that teams/players would get quite a bit of coverage.
the local coverage stays in fargo or at best western minn but some region 1 B players compete against the top fargo players in the off season witch gives them an edge in talent
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:03 am

I really highly doubt that because those guys play against a few fargo players that they are more talented than either of the Packineaus or any of the other top players in the state. I hope you dont actually belive that.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:09 am

isnt it kinda a down year for Fargo in bball too.  i dont hear many names besides Justin Lake, but where i live its mostly WDA and the only time a Fargo team is mentioned is if a team from bismarck plays there.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:25 am

SCC wrote:[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
i could'nt agree more. I'm not taking anything away from any of the teams but region 1 is not competitive. District 1 has never done anything at regionals. Don't pay attention to the early season scores. Injuries, new coaches. Let's break it down. Kindred has talent but last year they could'nt compete when they faced a tough opponent. FSHP are going to compete but they beat the worst team in district three griggs county by four points. Central Cass has some size but again not enough athleticism to compete at the state level. Oak Grove is not consisent and at times are terrible. Richland does'nt have much back from a team who was outplayed at state. I wish them the best of luck at state but have not had a team compete at state for a while.
I wouldn't call Griggs County Central the worst team in the district this year.  From what I saw last night, they should be able to compete with some District 3 teams.
i agree with you i was just trying to make my point. but i don't see griggs making regionals. But if they were in district 2 they would be in the top four or five. district 3 is not stacked like usual but all the teams are decent and the ones that are'nt have quality coaches(hillsboro and maybe larimore) just like district 3. But griggs will be in the bottom two or three. No question in my mind that there are some talented athletes in region 1 but overall teams? not in the top ten. that's all i'm saying
PA42

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:02 am

yeah he plays d like a maniac but lets see what he can do this year with out a big man to keep everybody honest on offence
Big Hitter

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:02 am

Cory Wall from lakota is going to be along with Ironheart in D 7 one of the best players around. Cory is a pure shooter with alot of talent. As long as he doesn't get hurt he'll hit about 1200 points for his career. He is a player and a team leader.
Big Hitter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:22 pm

for the past 3 to 4 years region 1 has been the worst region in the state. this year it is nothing different.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lambboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:30 pm

strike 3 is overrated
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby lambboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:51 pm

why hasnt anybody mentioned jacob wheeling and austin dufault from killdeer. from the games that i have seen they have put up 20 or over everygame, and they lead killdeer to a roughrider victory, and the 5th ranking in the state. thomas burke is an excellent player that has struggled right away but picked it up these last two games, i think 26 againts grant county.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:58 pm

lambboy wrote:why hasnt anybody mentioned jacob wheeling and austin dufault from killdeer. from the games that i have seen they have put up 20 or over everygame, and they lead killdeer to a roughrider victory, and the 5th ranking in the state. thomas burke is an excellent player that has struggled right away but picked it up these last two games, i think 26 againts grant county.

uhh...i haven't mentioned them because i haven't seen them play. and i think that most people are gun-shy to pump up any team in region 7 until they beat trinity in the region tournament and the titans are done.

maybe killdeer can do just that, i have no clue. my guess would be that with beulah in the mix the titans don't have quite as big a target on their backs, but in my opinion trinity is kind of like linton - until they are out, you might as well consider them the favorite.
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Boys