Hoopster

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby digger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:36 am

I have no idea how good Sizer is, I've never seen him play nor talked to anyone who has.  However statements like "anyone can lead the state in scoring when they shoot 25-30 times a game", or "sure Sizer had games when he scored 44 or 38 or so..." just don't make any sense.  Being able to fill up the basket is a skill, in some cases almost a gift.  On many smaller school teams there might be one guy who gets the bulk of the shots, he still has to be able to get them off & make them.  There are alot of great players in the state who just wouldn't have the offensive tools to score in the upper 30's or 40's.  He might be a one dimensional player, I have no idea, but if he can score like it sounds, that one dimension of his game must be pretty good.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:01 pm

i never said Sizer was a "bad" player.  i simply said that even an average player can score upper 30s on 30 shots.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:29 pm

I think Sizer is more than an average player. I agree with what digger says. yeah sizer shoots alot. but he makes quite a bit as well. It's gonna be tough to stop him this year i can tell you that. From what i hear there's a couple seniors that are gonna take some pressure off of Sizer.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:32 pm

berry186 wrote:against good defenses he scored low like against PBK and LaMoure where he scored 12 and the rest didnt shoot because they couldnt make anything

I'd like to see PBK and LaMoure stop him this year. It won't happen.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:34 pm

Heck you look at NBA players like Jordan, Iverson, and Bryant pretty sure a lot of nights they gotta take 30-40 shots a night to get 30 or 40 points. And I'm pretty sure they have had games where they only score 12-15 points in games also. But he has to have some pretty good talent to put up numbers like that, just my 2 cents.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby deere » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:31 pm

Noone plays defense in the NBA but i still get what your saying though.
deere

Postby stat » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:40 pm

do you think parshall will win since or do you think leads will win?
stat
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Shiloh Christian is ranked too high.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:24 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
berry186 wrote:against good defenses he scored low like against PBK and LaMoure where he scored 12 and the rest didnt shoot because they couldnt make anything

I'd like to see PBK and LaMoure stop him this year. It won't happen.

he is going to have to do it on caleb shockman though. the only way he won't get stopped is if shockman gets into foul trouble, which does need to work on.
Last edited by basketballer on Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby statpacker » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:11 pm

[size=2][font=arial]DOES ANYBODY THINK PARSHALL WILL BE #1 AFTER THEY PLAY MINN-LEEDS, THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE, THE ONLY LEGIT PEOPLE THAT WILL BE RETURING IS NATHANIEL PACKINEAU AND RUDY YOUNG BIRD, SINCE NEIL IS OUT WITH A BROKEN ANKLE, WILL THEY STILL INTIMIDATE TEAMS? WILL TEAMS LOOK AT THEM AS NOT CONFIDENT? WE WILL SEE[/font]

[font=Arial]GO :dude:4WINDZ:dude:[/font]

[/size]
statpacker

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:33 pm

I actually think it will be a pretty good game, Ron Carlson has established himself as a great coach in ND and theres a reason for him to enter this tournament, to put his team against stiff competition.  Region 4 will be a tough fight with Wells County and L/M, he is getting his team prepared and what better way to start with Parshall and Standing Rock! Should be a fun weekend, I'll be there for sure.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby hollywood » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:32 pm

doesn't sizer end up getting almost all of his points off of free throws
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CLU_08 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 am

I think that austin vetter deserved to be in the players to watch. not just honorable mention. after leading his team at the state tourney he deserved to be there before dufault. don't get me wrong dufault is a good player, but i saw both of them play at a basketball camp this summer and vetter was the one to stand out.
I am a flat stud. No other way around it!!
CLU_08
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketballjones » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 am

i've seen sizer play and he knows how to score and the fact that he can get to the line makes him a better player
basketballjones

Postby player22 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:49 pm

yes i agree. both good players. but imo vetter is a better ball player than dufault. he's a hard worker and knows how to win.
player22

Previous

Return to Boys