Advantage Beulah

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby dix06 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:38 pm

[font=arial black]Is Beulah going to have an advantage playing class A the last few years?  And how good are they going to be?[/font]
dix06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:14 pm

i think that it would depend how many kids were playing varsity over the last few years.

one interesting thing to see would be if beulah has a slightly faster-paced offensive mentality than the other teams they play in class b - the remnants of having to deal with a shot clock.

i know nothing about any of their players coming back this year, but if i had to guess, if they were playing good competitive basketball in class a, then that will translate into class b. if they were getting blown out, it isn't like they were really learning anything as a team, and no it probably wouldn't amount to much.

anyone that has seen them play recently (i think the last time i saw them play was against mayville in the mid 90s, so yeah, i'm out of date) care to chip in?
rep

Postby ticket0115 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Buelah will find out real early if they are a step ahead of everyone else when they face off against Turtle Lake on December 12th. This will be there first real test in class B all though they do have the advantage playing at home.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:35 pm

they lost their two best players from last year but Casey Becker should absolutely dominate any body he plays maybe 25 points a game for him this year

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:51 pm

Beulah will be one of the top teams in their region.  But I don't think they will make state.  I am putting them 3rd in their region.  All they have is Becker and Zacher.  The senior class is okay but the underclassmen are kinda iffy.  But there is no doubt they have an advantage from playing Class A.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys