Who are the Top two teams in each region?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby power-aid14 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:16 pm

ndfan wrote:Here's region predictions in ndhoopster.com

Class B Boys
Possible Preseason Region Winners 2006-07
(All subject to change)
Region 1: Kindred
Region 2: Thompson
Region 3: LaMoure
Region 4: Minnewaukan-Leeds
Region 5: Standing Rock
Region 6: Kenmare
Region 7: Beulah
Region 8: Parshall

region 6 has bishop ryan as the predicted winner in the hoopster....although it is probably true that kenmare, along with many others in region 6, are better than bishop ryan will be
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:43 am

power-aid14 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Here's region predictions in ndhoopster.com

Class B Boys
Possible Preseason Region Winners 2006-07
(All subject to change)
Region 1: Kindred
Region 2: Thompson
Region 3: LaMoure
Region 4: Minnewaukan-Leeds
Region 5: Standing Rock
Region 6: Kenmare
Region 7: Beulah
Region 8: Parshall

region 6 has bishop ryan as the predicted winner in the hoopster....although it is probably true that kenmare, along with many others in region 6, are better than bishop ryan will be

Yes, i was surprised Bishop Ryan is ranked 8 th in hoopster, boy they have some nice players coming, but nothing like last years team.  I dont know how they got that, they have 1 really good player in Vetter, and  pretty good player in Backes, but not much experience after that. Last years team was alot better. Height will be another problem for BR as they may only start one player over 6'.  But give them another year and i think they will deserve a top 8 ranking. Good Junior class, with numbers.
magic715

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:20 am

If Thompson isn't going to roll through thier district, why are they ranked so high? Also, what do you think North Border, or Midway-Minto's chances are of going to state, or what are the chances of a team from Region 2 winning state?
NDSUBison

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 am

I dont think that thompson is going to be as good as everyone thinks, they are a good team and all....but they live by the three and die by the three...and i guarentee you that the three wont be on for all 3 games in the regional tournament....thompson has never really been a tournament team in boys basketball for that fact....for example in 2002 when Mayville started its back to back title runs, thompson had a better team than mayville, but in the region championship game they were, i hate to say it but it's true, outcoached.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:04 am

I'll agree with that. Thompson has had very good boys basketball teams, but they always seem to falter in the tourny. I just think that there are some overrated teams out there, but Thompson is not one of them. They have a very cohesive team and that is something that can't be coached. Nelson may be the best coach in the region, but I bet the fact that last years team didn't lose a player played a big role in their sucess. That's why i think Thompson will be so tough.
NDSUBison

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:09 am

if they live and die by the 3 it should be no suprise to anyone that they struggle at tournament time.  its not that they are a bad team just the legs arent there to shoot the 3 as easily as it was during the regular season.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:20 am

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
if they live and die by the 3 it should be no suprise to anyone that they struggle at tournament time.  its not that they are a bad team just the legs arent there to shoot the 3 as easily as it was during the regular season.

Well, we all know they are going to be good, but i was wondering what you think of May-Port, and Hatton Northwood. I have a feeling that those two teams are going to give Thompson the most trouble in the district. And who do you think will give Thompson the most trouble in the region since they already are the team to beat in Region 2.
NDSUBison

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:32 am

i believe May-Port will, noone else does im guessing but i do.  Mayville will do this year what Linton did last year.  They dont have the names known around the state except Lorenz but a good coach can take you a very long ways in high school basketball.  ill take a good coach over a good team any day.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:50 am

I have a strong feeling as well that Mayville will end up coming out of Region 2...I think that lorenz will get the others involved ...and i think those other players are better than people think...and dave nelson is a great coach and will get the best out of them
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 pm

[user=1268]NDSUBison[/user] wrote:
If Thompson isn't going to roll through thier district, why are they ranked so high? Also, what do you think North Border, or Midway-Minto's chances are of going to state, or what are the chances of a team from Region 2 winning state?

Chances of a team from region 2 winning state are just as good as any other regions. I think region 2 is probably the most competitive region in the state year in and year out. Usually Region 2 teams compete very well at state, don't always have the best team but they usually do well. So whoever comes out of region 2 should have just as good of shot winning that anybody else.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:12 pm

north border will have to have someone step up and do some scoring this year cuz they are balanced without a real go to guy, maybe carpenter or meyer has what it takes to be that guy...last year midway-minto was the same as thompson 'live by the 3, die by the 3' but mondry has the ability to be dominant inside if they get him the ball...graftons coming off something like a 5-15 record but was in every game til the 4th quarter, actually had many teams beat til the 4th quarter, theyll have size down low with two posts at 6'7 each and 5 or 6 other players that have a lot of varsity experience, look for them to make a good run this year
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 pm

I agree that Grafton will be tough. They have a younger team, but most of those kids are just good athletes. I've played against them in baseball and basketball both and you can't take them lightly. Grafton might surprise some people in the state but i think that everybody in District 4 expects them to be good.
NDSUBison

Postby homer » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:35 am

i agree i think the new coop of hope page finley sharon will be good
homer

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:31 pm

Does anyone have any info on a couple of transfers to Hankinson from Fargo Shanley?? If this is true this may help their cause in defending District 1 championship.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby radar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:47 pm

if jamie mauch cant take hankinson to state b with the team they got they dont deserve to go, just like casselton didnt deserve to and didnt last year when they brought in the kid from north sargent
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Mauch is a solid player and I look forward to playing them this season. Not sure if they lost a lot but last year it seemed to be that they were mainly a 1 man show and i exect similar this year. Hopefully we keep him in check.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm

ndman11 wrote:Mauch is a solid player and I look forward to playing them this season. Not sure if they lost a lot but last year it seemed to be that they were mainly a 1 man show and i exect similar this year. Hopefully we keep him in check.

he is the top player in region 1, i dont think any team in the region will be able to beat hankinson just because of him
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:44 pm

that makes sense one player can take his team anywhere. Sorry man, but I saw the same thing last year with us. Larson was the show and I personally felt he was the best player in the region, Craft was good to, but we didnt win the region. Not taking anything away from mauch he is outstanding, but to say he is gonna do it himself, i dont know about that, it would be tough.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:37 pm

ndman11 wrote:that makes sense one player can take his team anywhere. Sorry man, but I saw the same thing last year with us. Larson was the show and I personally felt he was the best player in the region, Craft was good to, but we didnt win the region. Not taking anything away from mauch he is outstanding, but to say he is gonna do it himself, i dont know about that, it would be tough.

region one is the most talented in nd when you look at the studs on every team top to bottom, put the studs on an all star team and they beat any other region all star team in the state every year
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballer2 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:55 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:that makes sense one player can take his team anywhere. Sorry man, but I saw the same thing last year with us. Larson was the show and I personally felt he was the best player in the region, Craft was good to, but we didnt win the region. Not taking anything away from mauch he is outstanding, but to say he is gonna do it himself, i dont know about that, it would be tough.

region one is the most talented in nd when you look at the studs on every team top to bottom, put the studs on an all star team and they beat any other region all star team in the state every year

might be the most rediculous statement ive heard all year... last year ... tivis, voth, ernst, jeff smith, landon smith.... pretty sure there is no way region 1 would win sorry bud...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:00 pm

radar wrote:

I don't think so. Everyone might be even, but their region got last in state last year. Also Dickinson Trinity, Bowman, and Beulahs region is probably the most talented. I would also take Region 2, 3, 5, and 6 over yours.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:52 pm

radar wrote:

I too will have to disagree with your statement radar.  Yes, there are some good players in Region 1, but don't you think there are good players in every region??  Let me remind you how (well?) Region 1 has represented at the state tourney. 

2006 Richland (8th)  2005 Central Cass (7th?)  I know before that Milnor took 2nd, and before that I believe Kindred didn't make the evening round.  Region 1 doesn't have the best history in recent years at the State B, so to say that they are the most talented in ND, is a little off based. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndman11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:11 am

Agreed, and overall are region is down this year again, but we do have some teams that could make some noise if the pieces fall together. But mauch willl not be able to do it single handly.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:23 am

What do you guys think of Thompson and North Border being top in Region 2? And what about Parshall and Beulah? Why does everybody think they are the teams to beat? What about Four Winds?
NDSUBison

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Central Cass took 8th in the 2005 state tournament. They lost to Divide County in the final game.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys