Big man

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Dude » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:37 am

When I think of solid big men, Nick Bylin from Adams-Edmore comes to mind.  He's about 6'5" 265.  He has great footwork for being that big and is about as hard to defend in the post as anyone I've seen in awhile.
The Dude
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wildcat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:15 pm

I watched Jarek Hansen play in the regional last year and jump stopping in the lane, and throwing it up doesn't count as "inside play." Anyways, it looked like he was afraid any contact to begin with.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 am

i think johnson from kindred is a good of big man as you will find in the state.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:05 am

bylin is a solid player, although last year he was soft if people got physical with him.  when adams edmore played north border last year he was coming off a 25 point-10 rebound game and was held to 6 points in man defense.  im sure he's a lot better now after he had a big year in fb and might be playing for ndsu next year.  he's got good range on his shot showing he can do more then sit in the lane and just back people down.  anthony kliniske is another great post player.  6'5, very athletic and a 3 year starter now in his junior year, he's only going to get better
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cardinal10 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:06 pm

Bylin is tough.  The thing that might hurt him this year is his supporting cast.  Teams might be able double him easily this year and really deny him the ball.  He is automatic if he gets the ball on the block.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm

Johnson is good, but im not so sure hes top 5 or so in the state.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:01 pm

I'm gonna sayAlex Wolf is maybe not one of the top big men in the state, but foresure one of the top big men in the class of '09. I was really impressed with his game. Gets good position and finishes well. Lanky and quick to flash and drop step. I think he has scored atleast 20 points in all of Bowman's games and is only gonna get better as the year goes on.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys