region 1

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: region 1

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:28 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Good for NC with the win. They are very physical. But the coaching as great??? I am not going to get into that but I will say Good Coaches will not start a verbal confrontation with a fan from the opposing team during the game. Region 1 is very competitive. So many dunks going on. Never have I seen so many at the B level from Multiply teams and Multiply players.

I thought for a couple years there have been multiple basketball coaches at NC that have lacked class.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby urserious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Flip wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Good for NC with the win. They are very physical. But the coaching as great??? I am not going to get into that but I will say Good Coaches will not start a verbal confrontation with a fan from the opposing team during the game. Region 1 is very competitive. So many dunks going on. Never have I seen so many at the B level from Multiply teams and Multiply players.

I thought for a couple years there have been multiple basketball coaches at NC that have lacked class.

This has absolutely not happened at NC the last 2 years and is a outright lie.
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:30 pm

I saw an assistant coach get a warning from an official last year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby urserious » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Flip wrote:I saw an assistant coach get a warning from an official last year.

I was referring to the confrontation comment really. No Asst Coaches this year or last have gotten any warnings during a Varsity game, not sure if they have during a B game if that’s what you are talking about. I am 100% sure on this.
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:47 pm

leroybla wrote:Richland 60, Central Cass 59 in Casselton.

Enderlin def. Maple Valley 47-43
Oak Grove def. Tri-State 76-51
Kindred def. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 71-32
Milnor-North Sargent def. Lisbon 49-44
Hankinson def. Sargent Central 57-48
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:33 am

CC and Richland game was 24-8 after first 1/4. Kinda of eeeeerhy
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imjustafan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 am

hoophoophoop wrote:CC and Richland game was 24-8 after first 1/4. Kinda of eeeeerhy

Hoop: Any stats on Richlands FG percentages by quarter? 1st had to have been miserable.
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:16 am

Don't know exactly on shooting %, but CC was on fire, Richland was in man to man and got abused pretty good, switched to zone then CC came back to earth a bit, Richland had alot of balls go in and out, was real crazy 1st 1/4. Richland got into foul trouble with a couple kids right away, Myers kid kept them into the game, no depth for Richland hurts alot. Should be a fun next week, CC and Kinnerd play thursday, think Kinnerd is best team so far. Richland and Kinnerd play next Monday.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imjustafan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:26 am

Yup. And the following week is worse. At Hankinson Tuesday; against Oakes Thursday; against Enderlin Friday; against Carrington Saturday. Girls play MV at home Monday, too. I'll be busy.
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 am

a
Last edited by maddog1971 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am

hoophoophoop wrote:Don't know exactly on shooting %, but CC was on fire, Richland was in man to man and got abused pretty good, switched to zone then CC came back to earth a bit, Richland had alot of balls go in and out, was real crazy 1st 1/4. Richland got into foul trouble with a couple kids right away, Myers kid kept them into the game, no depth for Richland hurts alot. Should be a fun next week, CC and Kinnerd play thursday, think Kinnerd is best team so far. Richland and Kinnerd play next Monday.

Richland showed one of the blueprints of how to beat CC. Survive the barrage of hot shooting, pressure the perimeter, and let CC implode. It appeared CC had 20+ turnovers and was content living behind the arc, while Richland calmed the waters, took advantage of mismatches, and never panicked. The main difference between those 2 teams was player discipline.
ND Sports Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 am

Its so obvious the majority on this Forum are R1 people, everything is Ho-Hum until something happens in R1 ....upsets make the world go round, and if things get intense (like someone said, R1 is "very competitive") then folks/fans should appreciate that.
Class isn't Quite
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby BelfieldBantams » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am

urserious wrote:
Flip wrote:

Yes this happened right in front of me during a NC game I went to earlier this year.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:08 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
urserious wrote:
Flip wrote:

I am not going to get into a argument on here. But yes I had two of the coaches from NC turn around and talk aggressively to myself and another parent that the elbow calls that were being called against one of their players were not correct. (even after a bloody nose and another bloody lip) We were around 15 feet from them in the stands. We said Good Call when the official blew the whistle for an elbow, then about 30 seconds later another call for the same thing on the same kid. and yes... I said Good Call Good call... one turnaround and said that is not a foul. He has the right to create space... I said he has been throwing elbows all day.. the second coach said he is just creating space.... that is not a foul. The player pushed another kid..... and boom he was out of the game.
I understand they are fighting for the player but talk to the ref not me....

Wasn't there don't know anything about this incident but wanted to weigh in on the situation as a whole. I have seen twice as many fan to player, fan to coach, fan to ref interactions this year than any other year I can remember. I swear every class B game I have gone to has had some ridiculous incident where a player, fan, coach, ref etc has had some sort of conflict with another fan. It is ridiculous! You are there to spectate. If you can't function like a normal human being and act respectful then don't come. A fan should never interact with a coach or official during, before, or after a game! For any reason! Ever! It is miserable on everyone involved who has to go through it. I don't care what the story is, how someone wronged you, what call your mad about, who is or isn't playing, what the role of your athlete is on the team, etc. During a game is not the time to address these things! Let the officials officiate, coaches coach, and players play. Quit trying to be a part of the game as a fan! Your time was many years ago so realize that and stay out of it! If you want to coach get into coaching. If you want officiate get into it. We are always looking for refs and officials. This is my number one pet peeve. I just don't get it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:28 pm

winner-within wrote:Its so obvious the majority on this Forum are R1 people, everything is Ho-Hum until something happens in R1 ....upsets make the world go round, and if things get intense (like someone said, R1 is "very competitive") then folks/fans should appreciate that.
Class isn't Quite

Confused
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:01 pm

I am going to weigh in on the coaches/fans/officials confrontation as well. defensewinsgames is 100% spot on. Almost every game I have been to this winter I have witnessed fans yelling at refs and fans bitching at coaches. The sad part is that it is trickling down to the players. I have seen way to many players complain to refs, disrespect their coaches, etc..... I would love to see more AD's step up and remove these obnoxious fans from the building and I would like to see refs hand out a few more technical fouls to coaches and players who disrespect them too. I have seen parents come out of the stands and get court side to scream at a ref, I have seen coaches storm from the half line to the end of the court to scream at a ref, I have seen players slam the ball on the floor after being called for a travel, I have seen kids yell at a ref "are you kidding me" after being called for a foul and none of them have been given a technical foul. Are we going to wait until someone attacks an official before something gets done? You could not pay me enough to officiate a basketball game, thank goodness we have people who are willing to do it.
OK, grumpy old man rant over.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bingobangobongo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:13 pm

NC vs HCV last night -- it was 17-0 HCV after only 4 minutes into the game. It was beautiful for HCV fans, and ugly for NC fans. NC managed to get it down to (I think) 9 points and 8 point leads, but it was obviously too big of a hole for NC to climb out of. HCV won 71-55.

NC struggled with HCV's athleticism, as HCV's half-court defense really took over. NC seemed to be lacking guard depth with 2 guards on the bench in street clothes due to injury. Oscar Benson was hitting outside shots last night, with NC content to sag off and let him shoot. HCV really outworked NC on the boards -- they had a lot of offensive rebounds and extended numerous possessions just when it seemed like NC had just done a good job of forcing HCV into a bad shot.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:35 am

a
Last edited by maddog1971 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Howie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am

maddog1971 wrote:Coaches and Fan's yelling at Ref's are nothing new. That has been going on forever.... at the first BBall ever played the Ref got yelled..... Maybe. All I ever care during my coach days and my days of a fan are that the game is being called evenly and so kids are not getting hurt. IF someone is pushing our post with two hands in the back the whole game but our post has 4 fouls playing defense with a hand on the kids back.... the ref will get some flack from the crowd and the coaches.
I would never Ref because I would really stink at it and I would not be fair. If the crowd was all over me for team x... that team would not be treated fairly by me.

I'm glad that you are taking that upon yourself to make sure to let the officials know they aren't doing a good job. I'm sure they will appreciate that as well. It's always nice to know when you're doing a bad job officiating. I'm sure they also are really encouraged by your sarcastic "good call" chants. I'm also sure that the opposing coaches want to hear from fans as to why they are wrong in their discussion with officials, I'm sure your outside perspective really brings a lot to the discussion and probably sheds light on things they've never considered when applying the rule book to the game of basketball. Thank you for your contributions to high school basketball!
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:12 pm

I was just thinking the the other night if there still were districts!!

District 1 1. Tri-State
2. Milnor/gwinner
3. Hankinson
4. Lisbon
5. W/L
6. SC

District 2 1. Kinnerd
2. CC
3. Richland
4. OG
5. Enderlin
6. NC
7. MV

That would have been a shame if they still had districts!!!!!All Regions should go Super Region
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:44 pm

Howie wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Coaches and Fan's yelling at Ref's are nothing new. That has been going on forever.... at the first BBall ever played the Ref got yelled..... Maybe. All I ever care during my coach days and my days of a fan are that the game is being called evenly and so kids are not getting hurt. IF someone is pushing our post with two hands in the back the whole game but our post has 4 fouls playing defense with a hand on the kids back.... the ref will get some flack from the crowd and the coaches.
I would never Ref because I would really stink at it and I would not be fair. If the crowd was all over me for team x... that team would not be treated fairly by me.

I'm glad that you are taking that upon yourself to make sure to let the officials know they aren't doing a good job. I'm sure they will appreciate that as well. It's always nice to know when you're doing a bad job officiating. I'm sure they also are really encouraged by your sarcastic "good call" chants. I'm also sure that the opposing coaches want to hear from fans as to why they are wrong in their discussion with officials, I'm sure your outside perspective really brings a lot to the discussion and probably sheds light on things they've never considered when applying the rule book to the game of basketball. Thank you for your contributions to high school basketball!

This is my favorite thing ever. The amount of sarcasm dripping off this post makes me want to bring out an umbrella. Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Every coach/official loves when spectators insert themselves into games.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm

a
Last edited by maddog1971 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:26 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
Howie wrote:

This is my favorite thing ever. The amount of sarcasm dripping off this post makes me want to bring out an umbrella. Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Every coach/official loves when spectators insert themselves into games.

I bet at every game you go to you just sit there the whole game a never say a word. Well since I am not dead... I will cheer and I will moan or groan if I do not like the call or if some kid throws elbows or tackles someone into the wall on a layup. I am human. I don't hate anyone. How bad would sports struggle if every sat there like they were watching a game of chess....

Some disagreement is human; don't escalate to threats towards the officials.

Heard a few threatening comments already this year (I, personally, heard one after a JH game this winter). It shouldn't matter that much that you have to degrade an official (who is also a human being as well) during or after a game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby leroybla » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Kindred 50, Central Cass 48 in Casselton.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:21 am

leroybla wrote:Kindred 50, Central Cass 48 in Casselton.

Richland def. Oak Grove 63-50
Hankinson def. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 53-43
Tri-State def. Milnor-North Sargent 67-43

Non-Region
Northern Cass def. Midkota 71-58
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

PreviousNext

Return to Boys