Region Match Ups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 am

REGION 4

Four Winds vs Leeds - Minn

Four Winds will beat Leeds - Minn in a a close game
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:29 am

well since region II is so close i'll name the teams I don't think will be in the game.

fordville-lankin, cavalier, valley-edinburg, drayton st.thomas

central valley, dakota prairie, griggs county central, hillsboro

other then that any of the remaining teams could play in the game and win it
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 am

Indians Alumni wrote:REGION 4

wells county vs leeds minn and wells county takes it becuz leeds will be tired from playin 4 winds in the semis
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:46 am

sodadrinker wrote:

wells county vs leeds minn and wells county takes it becuz leeds will be tired from playin 4 winds in the semis
umm yeah im pretty confident that four winds and leeds minnewauken will win their respective districts meaning they will only meet in the championship game. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:51 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

umm yeah im pretty confident that four winds and leeds minnewauken will win their respective districts meaning they will only meet in the championship game. 

u stick to ur region, u havent seen leeds or wells county im guessing
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:54 am

wells county is in a lose, lose situation here becuz if they do come out of their region no one will admit it was cuz they were the best team.  when they played both of the 2 best teams in the region on the road, they played them close.  i dont understand how people dont think they have a chance to beat them on a neautral court when they couldve beat both teams on the road.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 am

I think the homecourt advantage has to go to Leeds - Minn and FW, they have that edge that they have already beaten them once.  Then the edge has to go to FW, they will play districts there, they will have some sort of HomeCourt advantage with DL being so close to Fort Totten.  Wells is a decent team, don't get me wrong, but they have already been beaten by both these teams. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:59 am

sodadrinker wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

i've seen leeds play and i know what fw is all about after they played nb.  i haven't seen wc play however and i dont think the exscuse that they were on the road is a very good exscuse at all.  you have to be able to win games on the road if you wanna prove how good you are.  this year when nb and grafton played the road team won both of those games.  i'm not saying wells isn't good or that they don't have a chance at state but when you said fw and leeds didn't have a chance that was worse then if i had said wells couldn't go to state.  anyone can go but theres about a 90% chance that it will be four winds or leeds minnewauken.  and dont tell me to stick to my region this is an open forum and i'll talk about any teams that i want to
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:02 am

i do have to agree that so far this year leeds and 4 winds have both proved they are the best teams in the region but i feel it is a 3 team race and i just think that wells county can beat either team.  there is a chance that 4 winds will have to beat wells county 3 times if they beat them in the district championship and that has been a curse to teams in the past.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:04 am

sodadrinker wrote:i do have to agree that so far this year leeds and 4 winds have both proved they are the best teams in the region but i feel it is a 3 team race and i just think that wells county can beat either team.  there is a chance that 4 winds will have to beat wells county 3 times if they beat them in the district championship and that has been a curse to teams in the past.

yes that is true but then what would make them get past leeds minnewauken the second time if for whatever reason four winds has a let down the third time they meet?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:04 am

sodadrinker wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

i've seen leeds play and i know what fw is all about after they played nb.  i haven't seen wc play however and i dont think the exscuse that they were on the road is a very good exscuse at all.  you have to be able to win games on the road if you wanna prove how good you are.  this year when nb and grafton played the road team won both of those games.  i'm not saying wells isn't good or that they don't have a chance at state but when you said fw and leeds didn't have a chance that was worse then if i had said wells couldn't go to state.  anyone can go but theres about a 90% chance that it will be four winds or leeds minnewauken.  and dont tell me to stick to my region this is an open forum and i'll talk about any teams that i want to

never said they didnt have a chance and as of right now 4 winds and leeds are the favorites and i could careless about who won road games where.  playin at home is an advantage no matter who u r.  ur on a completely different comfort level shooting on your own hoops and playin where your used to. 
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 am

thats my bad it was fruit snack who said either team had a chance to go.  haha
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:thats my bad it was fruit snack who said either team had a chance to go.  haha

yeah he is a good one, I gotta admit though, he is funny!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cash » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:52 am

region 4 should be a battle, district 7 i think it is, has a lot of good teams and will put 4 teams into regionals that could win regionals, i think the winner of the four winds, wells co. district has the uppper hand just because they have so many good teams and minn leeds is the only good tema in that other district
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coca cola » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:03 am

[font=georgia]region 7 and district 14 are guaranteed to have the toughest teams in the state. you can not argue against that. they have 4 teams ranked in the top 10. i am predicting trinity vs. killdeer or hazen, take your pick. [/font]
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:08 am

In region 3 I would say either Linton vs Steele, Steele vs LaMoure, or Linton vs Lamoure.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:10 am

baller01 wrote:In region 3 I would say either Linton vs Steele, Steele vs LaMoure, or Linton vs Lamoure.

ill have to agree, its going to be 1 of them 3 going to state and if i had to pick a winner id say linton
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:12 am

baseball wrote:
baller01 wrote:In region 3 I would say either Linton vs Steele, Steele vs LaMoure, or Linton vs Lamoure.

ill have to agree, its going to be 1 of them 3 going to state and if i had to pick a winner id say linton

I don't know. LaMoure is coming on strong and on any given night Steele can light someone up.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:15 am

baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

I don't know. LaMoure is coming on strong and on any given night Steele can light someone up.

i thought about that too but with LaMoure you dont know which team is going to show up and steele depends alot on how Bakkum shoots that night, which isnt to bad on most nights haha, but it just seems to me that Linton is the more complete/consistant team.  but i will agree any team of them 3 can beat anyone on a given night
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 am

In region 6, I'm taking Minot Ryan vs. Des Lacs-Burlington
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 am

having seen FW and LM play wells im gonna have to agree with the sodadrinker on this one
fruit snack

Postby Stromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 pm

cash wrote:region 4 should be a battle, district 7 i think it is, has a lot of good teams and will put 4 teams into regionals that could win regionals, i think the winner of the four winds, wells co. district has the uppper hand just because they have so many good teams and minn leeds is the only good tema in that other district

IMO the only 2 teams that can/should win regions are FW and LM.  WC has an outside chance to pull out an upset.  As for the 4 teams that can win out of district 7, who are they?  Are Carrington or Midkota capable?  I don't know cause I haven't seen them but I don't think they can compete with some of the top teams in the state.  I know a lot of people are sold on Harvey as well, but they aren't as good as some of the teams in district 8.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Hankinson-Lisbon rematch for region title.....gotta say im looking forward to that
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:well since region II is so close i'll name the teams I don't think will be in the game.

fordville-lankin, cavalier, valley-edinburg, drayton st.thomas

central valley, dakota prairie, griggs county central, hillsboro

other then that any of the remaining teams could play in the game and win it
i don't know if they will be in the region championship or even be in regionals but dakota prairie could make a run. Hillsboro could make regions interesting as well.
PA42

Postby NDdominator » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Shiloh Christian-Standing Rock, Shiloh Christian pulling the upset and losing all 3 at state
NDdominator

Next

Return to Boys