MPCG vs. Dickinson Trinity

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:09 pm

What are everyones thoughts on this game for tomorrow night? This should be a great game. I'm still gonna stick with my pick MPCG with the win but its not gonna be easy. I'm very impressed with Trinity, can't wait to see Landon Smith in a Bison Football uniform. Best of luck to both teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:15 pm

Trinity over MPCG by alot
sportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:22 pm

Key match up has to be Lorenz vs. Ernst. Ernst has been on fire from three point land.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:21 pm

Trinity by 10 at least. Too many weapons and too much size that can score.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rebel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:39 am

I think Mayport will have to play very well to stay with Trinity.  The Titans are on the top of their game right now.  They have not had a game within 10 points all year long except for ALL THREE games against bowman.  I hope Mayport plays well and has a shot to win in the end, but I think the state title game took place last thursday in Dickinson Trinity when the Titans beat the Bullogs for the crown. 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ranger » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:50 am

Bowman Bulldogs should have been at State.  This was Bowman's best chance at winning a state title.  No other team except Trinity could even come close to them, as anyone who watched the state games would see.
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tomjof64 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:08 am

bowman had great team. lost 2 of 3 to trinity, total of 8 points seperated them. but trinity was the better team.  the best two teams are playing tonite. should be great game.  trinity should be able to win, it will be a defensive battle. bowman is in top 3-4 in the state, just in wrong region.  being in the same region as trinity made them a better team also.
tomjof64

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:46 pm

It looks like a great matchup.  From taping the games last night and watching them, it looks like they are both very well coached.  I didn't see either team force up a bad shot, they ran the offense and usually worked it around to the open man.  You don't see alot of that with some of these teams, sometimes you see lots of playground basketball offense.  Based on last night I'd say Trinity, but MPCG matches up a lot better than Four Winds because of their size.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:14 pm

17-13 MPCG at halftime
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:43 pm

24-23 MPCG at the end of three. Gonna be a great ending, its anybodies game right now.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:02 pm

landon smith...game winning shot...couldn't happen to a nicer kid
rep

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:04 pm

Congrats to the Dickinson Trinity Titans on winning the class B state championship over MPCG Patriots 34-32. Last second shot by Landon Smith. No question these were the two best teams in the state this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:48 am

Man I wish I could have seen this game (too distracted by the Sioux hockey game), it sure must have been an ESPN Instant Classic Baby!

Congrats to Trinity and a fine season by MPCG as well!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby under armour » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:23 am

great game, any one have some good pictures of these boys...mainly the last shot?
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:49 am

1337 wrote:Man I wish I could have seen this game (too distracted by the Sioux hockey game), it sure must have been an ESPN Instant Classic Baby!

Congrats to Trinity and a fine season by MPCG as well!

This is just my opinion, but I thought it was a complete snoozer until the last shot.
 I mean, 34-32... Ick. I think MPCG had 2 or 4 point in the first quarter.
I know both of these teams are very good defensively, especially MPCG, but give me a break, nobody looked good in this game until Smith hit that shot.
There is no doubt that these were the best two Class B teams in the state, but I thought it was a pretty pathetic title game.
Y-not Daily

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:58 am

If the teams were so great on defense, I would have guessed that they could have parlayed their excellent defense into some easy offensive chances.

If the best you can say is that it was better than the Class A title game, I don't think that's saying much. It was certainly closer and more competitive than the Class A game, but to me it just wasn't that compelling of a game. JMO.

And I have to say I really enjoyed watching Trinity all tournament before the championship. They moved the ball really well on offense and hit open shots. I also enjoyed watching the PBK-MPCG game, but the championship just didn't do anything for me.
Y-not Daily

Postby bballuvr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:02 am

To watch Luke Lorenz shut down Ryan Ernst was compelling. To see Luke Lorenz be shut down for the most part was compelling. To see MP be down and battle back to take the lead, and then to watch DT battle back and put themselves in a spot to win it was compelling. To watch DT get the ball with around 12-13 seconds left, to glance at the DT bench and watch the coaches up and a play be called, not a time out was compelling. To see a last second shot fall and the floor fill up with fans was compelling.

I would agree that a 66-64 game would have been a little more entertaining, but maybe not a lot more compelling.
Last edited by bballuvr on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:08 pm

If you say that the game was boring, you must not appreciate basketball too much. Never have two teams played such great defense for 32 minutes in such a big game.  
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:21 pm

C Blue,

You are right. A great game to watch. Very good defensive fundamental play by high school players.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:53 pm

carolina blue wrote:If you say that the game was boring, you must not appreciate basketball too much. Never have two teams played such great defense for 32 minutes in such a big game.  

Yawn... you say great defense, I say mediocre offense and good defense.

If the teams were so "great" defensively, they could have parlayed their defense into easy offensive chances. What ever happened to fast breaking off a missed shot? There were plenty of missed shots in that game, but next to no fast breaks.

Maybe it was just style of play, but I still wasn't impressed.
Y-not Daily

Postby under armour » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:45 am

You may not be impressed, but whats the point of whining about it, no doubt in anybodys mind that Trinity is the best team in the state. It might be boring but hands down the best team in the state.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:38 am

under armour wrote:You may not be impressed, but whats the point of whining about it, no doubt in anybodys mind that Trinity is the best team in the state. It might be boring but hands down the best team in the state.

I have no doubt that Trinity was the best team and I never said they weren't. My point is that I didn't think the championship game was as "great" as some did. No whining, just an opinion...
Y-not Daily

Return to Boys