General Boys BB thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

General Boys BB thread

Postby vikingman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:38 pm

This has nothing to do with the Hoopster rankings or DB Classic... so

Have the pairings for the Ramsey County Tourney in DL been set?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: General Boys BB thread

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:13 am

Yes…should be listed on that website link

FWM v Rolette
DL Jv v Benson Country
N. Star v Larimore
DP v Lakota
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:29 pm

Anyone have a link to video of the last shot in the North Star/DP game?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:29 am

Search "Devils Lake" on NFHS Network click On Demand and the game that started at 8:30 ET.

or I could just give you the link and see if that works.

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/devi ... 907f3150bd
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 am

thanks. I searched for those streams on Thursday and couldn't find them because I was searching for 'North Star', but team names weren't included in the stream setup, so nothing showed up. In any case, it was probably more exciting listening to Beighley than watching it with no announcer.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:06 am

Did the Ramsey tourney not stream the games on Monday?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:59 pm

Thoughts on HCV/Enderlin tonight?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:25 pm

HCV/Enderlin should be a really good game, both teams have had challenging schedules to date. I believe Enderlin wins by 5-6, but this could go either way. HCV has the height to matchup well with the Eagles and they always seem to have a good defensive team.

On a separate note, I noticed that Sargent County beat Dunseith last night. SC has beaten both Dunseith and Oak Grove so far this year. Other than R1 with Kindred & Enderlin at the top, I really believe SC would be good enough to contend for the 1-2 spots in most Regions across the state. SC currently sits in the middle of a tough R1 (Central Cass deserves mention and they are undefeated to date), but SC will likely finish with a 3-4-5 spot at season's end. SC is another team that has stepped it up and has scheduled a challenging regular season.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Flip wrote:Thoughts on HCV/Enderlin tonight?

Being an Eagle fan, I will go with Enderlin by 6-10. Enderlin has a better shooting team from what I have watched of HCV. The whole team will need to score, just not Joe, as HCV will matchup heightwise for the most part, plus they play a very solid defense.
3 things that may play out in this game and determine the outcome
1..Eagles cannot have foolish turnovers. They will need to take care of the ball and make smart choices on passing.
2..HCV pulls 4 of the bench Eagles have been only playing 1 in close games ...that could come into play if it gets to fouls,
3...I am going to bet HCV presses at some point, Enderlin will have to get through that.

one more thing is I think HCV may try and take the air out of the ball like Beulah did
Last edited by lennylive on Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:HCV/Enderlin should be a really good game, both teams have had challenging schedules to date. I believe Enderlin wins by 5-6, but this could go either way. HCV has the height to matchup well with the Eagles and they always seem to have a good defensive team.

On a separate note, I noticed that Sargent County beat Dunseith last night. SC has beaten both Dunseith and Oak Grove so far this year. Other than R1 with Kindred & Enderlin at the top, I really believe SC would be good enough to contend for the 1-2 spots in most Regions across the state. SC currently sits in the middle of a tough R1 (Central Cass deserves mention and they are undefeated to date), but SC will likely finish with a 3-4-5 spot at season's end. SC is another team that has stepped it up and has scheduled a challenging regular season.

Oak Grove is not your typical OG of old...they are going to struggle against bigger teams unless they can force TOs like they did to Lisbon or hit the outside shot (which they have done in home games this year...not road games)

1/2: Kindred or Enderlin
3: Central Cass
4/5: SC/NC
6: OG
After that it is pretty open but I think Lisbon will be #7 and then the door is open for the other teams.
Last edited by WalkingStick on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:56 pm

another interesting game tonight will be Grafton vs North Border
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:03 pm

Enderlin def. Hillsboro-Central Valley 65-43

Enderlin outscored HCV 19-2 in the final quarter

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:19 pm

That was a Very Solid Performance by the Eagles... to my knowledge only 8 turnovers, maybe 9. Shooting was good, free-throw % had to be 80+, played a good defense contesting shots. Was surprised HCV didnt press. Bartholomay showed up, as did the rest of the team. Dixon is getting better as the season progresses.

Keep it up Eagles !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:43 pm

North Border def. Grafton 64-45 also

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:44 am

Barnes County -- Dunseith certainly had a poorer showing than what I was expecting. Had the final day been played, they would have gone 0-3. Were they missing players?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 am

vikingman wrote:Barnes County -- Dunseith certainly had a poorer showing than what I was expecting. Had the final day been played, they would have gone 0-3. Were they missing players?

I see LaMoure beat Dunseith by 2 on a couple of last second FT's last night. Dunseith is playing a tough schedule and it will make them better in the long run. As for missing players, that I don't know.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 pm

LaMoure-LM won 55-54

I commend Dunseith for getting out of the northern side of state and playing some different teams from the southern side. You don't see them playing R1 & R3 teams often.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:34 pm

lennylive wrote:That was a Very Solid Performance by the Eagles... to my knowledge only 8 turnovers, maybe 9. Shooting was good, free-throw % had to be 80+, played a good defense contesting shots. Was surprised HCV didnt press. Bartholomay showed up, as did the rest of the team. Dixon is getting better as the season progresses.

Keep it up Eagles !

I watched the second half of that game, if HCV is the top team in that region ,wow!! Might had a bad second half but usually you can tell. What I have seen so far this year looks like only 3 teams that can compete for a state title this year and two of them are in Region 1
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
lennylive wrote:That was a Very Solid Performance by the Eagles... to my knowledge only 8 turnovers, maybe 9. Shooting was good, free-throw % had to be 80+, played a good defense contesting shots. Was surprised HCV didnt press. Bartholomay showed up, as did the rest of the team. Dixon is getting better as the season progresses.

Keep it up Eagles !

I watched the second half of that game, if HCV is the top team in that region ,wow!! Might had a bad second half but usually you can tell. What I have seen so far this year looks like only 3 teams that can compete for a state title this year and two of them are in Region 1

HCV beat Kindred, who I'm assuming is one of the 3 teams you think can compete for a state title.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:02 pm

two starters for Kindred were out
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:12 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:

Keep it up Eagles !

Enderlin can still improve on the self-discipline. I thought that with 3-4 minutes left in the game with a low double=digit lead, the Eagles could have held the ball a little longer.Joe came down twice and took a quick shot as did Dixon with lots of shot clock left.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:50 am

FWM routed HCV tonight 81-50! FWM was high-flying with their dunks including an alley-oop of the glass in 4th Q!

Shiloh beat Beulah 76-68 in OT

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:21 pm

Watched the Flasher vs Standing Rock game..Flasher looks legit. They move the ball very well on offense, not alot of dribbling, smart on their passing, everyone touches the ball, everyone shoots, seems to have 2 or more men in the paint on offensive shots most of the time. They hustle back on defense and do a great job of blocking out.
Standing Rock didnt shoot the ball well from my POV, got out rebounded. Very good Hustle though on D, and seemed to have alot of determination.
If I was to choose out of either of these teams to go to state from this Region, I would go with Flasher. I havent watched Shiloh play yet..will probalbly watch their game against Kindred if it is available on the web. I Would like to see some new blood .. Go Bulldogs !

Last night I Watched the Ellendale vs LLM game last night on laptop while watching the Enderlin vs NC game on my tv.
LLM gave Ellendale everything they wanted, I thought they were going to pull that off. They have a great coach who can ready them for any tough opponent. Very determined team. Ellendale looked good for the most part with Wagner being the main force. Going to be tough to choose between who comes out of that Region.
Eagles had a horrible 1st half think they had 9 turnovers,(15 for the game I think) they seem to always start slow in the 1st half. 2nd half they turned it up and started knocking down the shots. Foul trouble haunted them in this game, but they survived a very good NC team that pulls 4 off the bench. Wall stepped up and kept them in the game. 3 guys in double figures, Carson with 9(all in the 4th)..pretty even balanced scoring across the board.
They will need to find a way to get their game more balanced from the start (especially against a team that can shoot)..but all and all Good 2nd half for them...And a Win ! Should move back to #3 with NB getting beat by a very solid Thompson Team.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:05 am

Coach Kraft mustve served up some Wheaties yesterday, because the Eagles played like Champions last night against a very good CC team. Very Solid all around game from the get go for Enderlin. Was nice to see them working that ball inside and hitting the boards hard for rebounds. Sure hope they can keep up that pace.
Go Eagles !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:35 am

Oak Grove is starting to put it together and playing better ball. They played 4 Winds on Saturday and with the exception of a horrendous 2nd quarter played even with them. They played well against Wyndmere/Lidgerwood last night. Guards Bakkegaard and Rodriguez are starting to play well. Hatfield needs to be more consistent but on any given night can light up the score board. Big contests against CC on Thursday and Thompson on Friday - both home games. Coach Card should have a pretty good understanding on how this team is progressing after this week. As long as the guards don't try to do too much and look to make the extra pass they are going to be a tough matchup in the Regional Tourney. Playing on a college size court in Regions plays to their advantage. Will be interesting to see how they continue to improve and work as a team as we near the end of the season.

Watch out for LaMoure in their Region - I like their grit. They are my favorites to win their Region.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys