2021 Class B Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2021 Class B Poll

Postby ballaholic#3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:47 am

Without box scores, I think we should take all results with a grain of salt. There are more and more kids that are playing sick, missing because they're sick, or quarantined in addition to just regular injuries. Hopefully, it is not a factor in March, but it sure might be affecting results right now.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am

I tend to agree with this statement. OG is an up and down team this year. They have a lot of experience coming back from last years team (Guards) but it hasn't clicked for them as of yet. This team will go as far as their shooting and guard play takes them. As of now, the guard play has not been good. Too much dribbling and the willingness to make the extra pass has not been there - but if any coach can get through to them it will be Coach Card. Ball handlers need to know that they need to distribute the ball to their best playmakers and the team as a whole needs to show some defensive toughness and determination. Still a work in progress. We will see what the end of the season brings for them. Next week will provide some defining answers to me as they play CC and Thompson.

WalkingStick wrote:
BelfieldBantams wrote:If Oak Grove gave up 86 to Richland tonight, I'd hate to see what 4Ws is going to put on them. 130??

Richland came out firing and you could tell OG wasn’t interested in play any D tonight. Most road teams enjoy coming to OG’s gym…shooting percentages skyrocket.

OG put up 37 points in 3rd quarter (had a shot at 40!).

FWM will roll OG on Saturday…my guess will be 90-55 (OG struggles shooting away from home).

Unless the 3s are dropping…OG will struggle this year. Kindred & Enderlin could get games to 30+ IMO
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 pm

Thompson is young too after Odenbach. Two freshmen play substantial minutes and they are SOLID on defense.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Thompson is young too after Odenbach. Two freshmen play substantial minutes and they are SOLID on defense.

Thompson parents probably still want George fired.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm

Latest Poll
Monday January 17th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 7-0 160
2. Kindred 7-1 135
3. North Border 7-0 132
4. Enderlin 7-3 96
5. Ellendale 7-0 95
6. Central Cass 8-0 78
7. Powers Lake 8-0 60
8. Flasher 10-1 47
9. Thompson 6-2 24
10. Bowman County 8-1 17
Others Receiving Votes: Hazen (6-2), LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (4-1), Hillsboro/Central Valley (4-4), North Star (8-1), Dunseith (5-3)
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:52 pm

I still think Ellendale is a little too high. Top 10 for sure, but I am not sold on top 5. I would move Ellendale to 8th and move CC to 5th and Flasher to 6th leaving PL at 7th. Just my opinion.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I still think Ellendale is a little too high. Top 10 for sure, but I am not sold on top 5. I would move Ellendale to 8th and move CC to 5th and Flasher to 6th leaving PL at 7th. Just my opinion.

CC has flaws…almost lost to Lisbon…plus that was last Monday’s poll…new one comes out tomorrow

Honestly, Thompson could be up to #5

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:48 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:I wish there was a site where there would be good old fashioned box scores from all over the state. And, a site to see how Kid A compares to Kid B from a statistic standpoint. If there is such a site where you have the Region statistics from across the state or if there is a coach on here that has that info, please provide a link for us casual fans. Thx.

I tried to consider doing box scores but half the schools just send finals…stats aren’t kept well from most teams across class B

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:52 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:I still think Ellendale is a little too high. Top 10 for sure, but I am not sold on top 5. I would move Ellendale to 8th and move CC to 5th and Flasher to 6th leaving PL at 7th. Just my opinion.

CC has flaws…almost lost to Lisbon…plus that was last Monday’s poll…new one comes out tomorrow

When CC played Lisbon they were without their center, 6-6 sophomore, Cole Holzer - high ankle sprain. Managed to win against a much taller Lisbon team. A week earlier, CC defeated Thompson. Not saying they're underrated, but they're likely in the correct spot in the ratings at this point. Play Enderlin tomorrow.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:50 pm

leroybla wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

When CC played Lisbon they were without their center, 6-6 sophomore, Cole Holzer - high ankle sprain. Managed to win against a much taller Lisbon team. A week earlier, CC defeated Thompson. Not saying they're underrated, but they're likely in the correct spot in the ratings at this point. Play Enderlin tomorrow.

Being without their post explains the struggle then.

Honestly, it’s FWM, K & E right now…clear cut top 3; open door behind them as Ellendale & Powers Lake are a bit overrated, in my eyes, but are undefeated, hence their high rank. NB will tumble a bit…Bowman could see a rise in poll.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:48 am

Latest Poll
Monday January 24th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (14) 10-0 140
2. Kindred 9-1 114
3. Enderlin 8-3 97
4. Ellendale 10-0 96
5. Central Cass 9-0 85
6. Thompson 8-2 64
7. Powers Lake 10-0 52
8. Flasher 13-1 44
9. North Border 7-1 40
10. Bowman County 11-1 24
Others Receiving Votes: North Star (9-1), LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (4-2), Grafton (8-3), Shiloh Christian (10-2).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:50 am

I try to keep up with the standings, but NDHSAA isn't accurate with keeping up with the standings.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:11 am

Latest Poll
Monday January 31st
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 12-0 160
2. Kindred 11-1 143
3. Ellendale 13-0 129
4. Powers Lake 12-0 96
5. Flasher 14-1 87
6. Enderlin 9-4 78
7. North Border 10-1 69
8. Central Cass 10-2 36
9. North Star 11-1 32
10. LaMoure-Litchville/Marion 7-2 23
Others Receiving Votes: Bowman County (13-2), Shiloh Christian (11-2), Thompson (8-4), Grafton (9-3).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:09 pm

Ellendale is way too high and Enderlin will not make it out of their region, my 2 cents.......
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:34 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Ellendale is way too high and Enderlin will not make it out of their region, my 2 cents.......

I'm with you!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:56 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Ellendale is way too high and Enderlin will not make it out of their region, my 2 cents.......

Neither Ellendale nor Powers Lake has played a very tough schedule. Ellendale has a better signature win (over LaMoure LM) than Powers Lake (2 wins over Stanley). Just my two cents. Both teams may be ranked a bit high, but they are both undefeated. Do I think that they are the 3rd and 4th best teams? No I do not.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:36 pm

The Schwab wrote:

Neither Ellendale nor Powers Lake has played a very tough schedule. Ellendale has a better signature win (over LaMoure LM) than Powers Lake (2 wins over Stanley). Just my two cents. Both teams may be ranked a bit high, but they are both undefeated. Do I think that they are the 3rd and 4th best teams? No I do not.

I do think Powers Lake has a good shot at making it to the state tournament, but based on this recent poll, would they deserve to be seeded over a Enderlin if they both made it? IMO absolutely not. I personally think most teams in the recent poll would beat Powers Lake. Small advantage of playing a weak schedule, but at the end of the day I believe the 8 remaining coaches vote on the seeding in state so it will sort itself out in the End.

Based on Head to Head Matchups, SOS, & RPI, here are some teams I feel are over, under, & properly rated in the most recent poll (SOS & RPI was pulled from classbbasketball.com as of 2/1/2022) Apologies in advance if data is incorrect.

Signature wins determined if team was top 20 in RPI

Teams I feel that are underrated are - LLM, Bismarck Shiloh Christian, Minot Bishop Ryan
Teams I feel that are very SLIGHTLY overrated are - Ellendale, Powers Lake, North Star
Teams I feel that are Properly Rated - Four Winds-Min, Kindred, Flasher

LLM (RPI 4th, SOS 5th) should be top 8 - Signature Wins - Enderlin, Dunseith

Bismarck Shiloh (RPI 6th, SOS 7th) should be top 10 - Signature Wins Dickinson Trinity, Hazen, Rugby

Minot Bishop Ryan (RPI 10th, SOS 8th) Should at least be RV - Signature Wins - Bismarck Shiloh, Dunseith, Surrey

Ellendale (RPI 9th, SOS 49th) & Powers Lake (RPI 11th, SOS 66th) are undefeated which is not easy to do no matter what region your in, but I don't think either of them should be top 5
Ellendale Signature Wins - LLM
Powers Lake Signature Wins - Stanley x2

North Star (RPI 17th, SOS 64th) Definite team that should at least RV. Signature Wins - Rugby

Four Winds (RPI 3rd, SOS 21st) & Kindred (RPI 5th, SOS 19th) are and should be consensus 1 & 2. Kindred would be undefeated if they started the year healthy (no need to list Signature wins)

Flasher (RPI 8th, SOS 39th) has impressed me and have proved they are able to play faster (score more) then they did in the past. Signature Wins - Bowman County, Standing Rock
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:02 pm

First where do you find the SOS and RPI ratings?

Second... I love my Powers Lake. They have gone undefeated and play a Good Stanley team twice and got the wins. They will come out of that region. I have watched them play a few times and they play very hard and are very well coached and the kids buy into the system. BUT if they played Region 1 or 2 teams this year... they would not be a .500 team.
Kindred, Enderlin, NC, CC, Sargent County, OG, Thompson, HCV, Grafton, NB would all beat them and most of them by double digits.
North Border is looking for a couple games to add to the schedule... they should drive out and play Powers Lake.
Enderlin is good but just can not seem to get it together. Kindred can not get healthy and have not come together to play as a team. Yes they are winning but ....
4winds... I just don't see them being deep enough. I see someone like Flasher/LLM surprising us at the end of the year.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:17 pm

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 am

Central Cass and North Border boys will play in Walhalla on Feb. 26. This game replaces the CC game originally scheduled to be played with Linton on Jan. 22 in Jamestown.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:15 pm

leroybla wrote:Central Cass and North Border boys will play in Walhalla on Feb. 26. This game replaces the CC game originally scheduled to be played with Linton on Jan. 22 in Jamestown.

Yep, NB has been actively trying to find quality games to replace their lost games b/c of weather. NB has now added Kindred & Central Cass.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:24 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
leroybla wrote:Central Cass and North Border boys will play in Walhalla on Feb. 26. This game replaces the CC game originally scheduled to be played with Linton on Jan. 22 in Jamestown.

Yep, NB has been actively trying to find quality games to replace their lost games b/c of weather. NB has now added Kindred & Central Cass.

Kindred is on NB's original schedule and doesn't appear to be a replacement game. Question: will this be a home and home arrangement or a one and done deal?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:00 pm

leroybla wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Kindred is on NB's original schedule and doesn't appear to be a replacement game. Question: will this be a home and home arrangement or a one and done deal?

Kindred was a late addition to an opening; if this will be a home and home or one and done is up to the schools. CC always seems to have a full slate of games but this might be better than NR-S in the long run...maybe.

I know NB is still looking for one more game.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby east sider » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 pm

Lot of Ellendale doubters in here. Along with beating LLM they've beaten a good Medina team twice, both times by double digits. I think they have the best post player in the state. I think they have an excellent coach. They play CC which will be an excellent litmus test of how good they really are.

I think they are ranked exactly where they should be.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:40 pm

east sider wrote:Lot of Ellendale doubters in here. Along with beating LLM they've beaten a good Medina team twice, both times by double digits. I think they have the best post player in the state. I think they have an excellent coach. They play CC which will be an excellent litmus test of how good they really are.

I think they are ranked exactly where they should be.

Ellendale is good..but I wouldnt say #3 good. Only 3 of the teams they have beat have winning records, LLM, MPB, and EKM..all very good teams. And of those 3..LLM the only team in the ranks.
Big kid is fun to watch though, very good post player. They play good team ball . True test will be CC should be a good game.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys