Joe Hurlburt College Announcement

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Joe Hurlburt College Announcement

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:02 am

packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Wonder if Colorado plays in a no touch league because they are going to have to beat the crap out of Joe for a year before they put him on the court. A 4' guard can box that kid out. Major lack of effort in many games this past season or he was tired from not being subbed for a rest (Colorado isn't going to let you wait at half court). Going to be interesting to see how his colligate career turns out because they don't need a 6'10" guard. :D

You think they are going to play him at the 5?

I can't see him being a Guard and with that being said he still needs to be aggressive as a Power Forward. I think he's a great shooter and very talented. My apologies for seeing a lack of aggression and needing a rest quite often to the other keyboard warriors that took offense, but it's still the truth.

The kid had 12 D1 offers and multiple from P5 teams and you dont even know what position he plays but we are supposed to believe your truth.

Does anyone know what position he plays? You might see him post up a couple times in a half, he brings the ball up and plays the guard position whenever he thinks he needs to take over, he plays a shooting guard or forward position at times. Sometimes you see all 5 players standing on the 3 point line. You can't even tell me what position he plays because he doesn't have a designated position at Enderlin. :lol:
I truly see him playing as a Forward like Micah Potter from Wisconsin. If you haven't seen Potter play your missing out on another 6' 10" player that can hit a three or post up. I agree, best of luck to Joe, and I'm sure he will do well in college.

Positionless Basketball :)

Agree or disagree with Calvin's philosophy with his guys, by not forcing Joe to sit on the block and only shoot from the paint, he gave him an opportunity to play basketball in the Pac-12. Positionless basketball has been around for awhile so that take is hilarious considering it appears to be meant as yet another dig at Joe's prospects.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I don't know...maybe I'm way off but it seems there is a double standard when it comes to Enderlin. I can think of 3 or 4 teams around the state who played the same flashy style, got technicals, and many of the other things I hear justifying the Enderlin hate and I didn't hear the same reaction to those teams. They sure seem to be polarizing - I just hope people keep it in perspective and remember it is a class b team from a town of 900 full of 15 to 18 year old kids. I'm done preaching about it now - congrats to Joe on the commitment.

Who are the 3-4 other teams - just curious? Thanks -
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:48 am

BasketballMind wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
packers21 wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Wonder if Colorado plays in a no touch league because they are going to have to beat the crap out of Joe for a year before they put him on the court. A 4' guard can box that kid out. Major lack of effort in many games this past season or he was tired from not being subbed for a rest (Colorado isn't going to let you wait at half court). Going to be interesting to see how his colligate career turns out because they don't need a 6'10" guard. :D

You think they are going to play him at the 5?

I can't see him being a Guard and with that being said he still needs to be aggressive as a Power Forward. I think he's a great shooter and very talented. My apologies for seeing a lack of aggression and needing a rest quite often to the other keyboard warriors that took offense, but it's still the truth.

The kid had 12 D1 offers and multiple from P5 teams and you dont even know what position he plays but we are supposed to believe your truth.

Does anyone know what position he plays? You might see him post up a couple times in a half, he brings the ball up and plays the guard position whenever he thinks he needs to take over, he plays a shooting guard or forward position at times. Sometimes you see all 5 players standing on the 3 point line. You can't even tell me what position he plays because he doesn't have a designated position at Enderlin. :lol:
I truly see him playing as a Forward like Micah Potter from Wisconsin. If you haven't seen Potter play your missing out on another 6' 10" player that can hit a three or post up. I agree, best of luck to Joe, and I'm sure he will do well in college.

Positionless Basketball :)

Agree or disagree with Calvin's philosophy with his guys, by not forcing Joe to sit on the block and only shoot from the paint, he gave him an opportunity to play basketball in the Pac-12. Positionless basketball has been around for awhile so that take is hilarious considering it appears to be meant as yet another dig at Joe's prospects.

You hit it on the head why people get on Calvin.... He lets the kids play the way the want to and not what is best for the team to win. Both Boys are great... I mean great.... but if they play in the paint they are state champs.... They can not be stopped. But anyone can stop a 6"10 kid 25 feet from the basket.
Both kids are ready for the next level with the style that they both can play.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:55 am

I really hope that Division-1, PAC-12 school Colorado has a more stringent strength and conditioning program than Enderlin High School. Joe was also a Junior in high school this year. What an ignorant thing to say.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm

BasketballMind wrote:

I really hope that Division-1, PAC-12 school Colorado has a more stringent strength and conditioning program than Enderlin High School. Joe was also a Junior in high school this year. What an ignorant thing to say.

Agreed with BasketballMind
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Yourstillwrong » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:13 pm

BasketballMind wrote:

Ignorant thing to say and your the one giving credit for all of this kids god given talents to his Coach. Guess that's how a "Basketball Mind" works? Maybe you should sit back and comprehend before hitting the keys since you made a couple posts before you backtracked, or does an opinion make you that upset?
Yourstillwrong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Yourstillwrong wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

Ignorant thing to say and your the one giving credit for all of this kids god given talents to his Coach. Guess that's how a "Basketball Mind" works? Maybe you should sit back and comprehend before hitting the keys since you made a couple posts before you backtracked, or does an opinion make you that upset?

I agreed with the take that if Enderlin played a more inside-out style, they'd win more games. With that said, because of the style they did play, a player like Joe was able to flourish on an individual level quicker and get recruited by a D-1 school that fits his style of play. No need to get upset and make assumptions.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:41 am

BasketballMind wrote:
Yourstillwrong wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:

I agreed with the take that if Enderlin played a more inside-out style, they'd win more games. With that said, because of the style they did play, a player like Joe was able to flourish on an individual level quicker and get recruited by a D-1 school that fits his style of play. No need to get upset and make assumptions.

I always thought, apparently erroneously, that you put on the uniform to win games as a team and not for individual purposes.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys