Joe Hurlburt Leaves

The Buzz on Class B.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Joe Hurlburt Leaves

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:57 am

It looks like Joe Hurlburt did not like it in CO or there just was not going to be a spot for him next year. I saw has transfer tape and looked like he was still shooting from distance but I believe CO wanted him to play in the paint and Joe wants to play facing the basket. Looks like he is going to Davidson to play next. Good luck to him.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: Joe Hurlburt Leaves

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:40 pm

maddog1971 wrote:It looks like Joe Hurlburt did not like it in CO or there just was not going to be a spot for him next year. I saw has transfer tape and looked like he was still shooting from distance but I believe CO wanted him to play in the paint and Joe wants to play facing the basket. Looks like he is going to Davidson to play next. Good luck to him.

He didn't play because there were 3 NBA draft picks ahead of him last year and transfers from the ACC next year to replace those guys; just no room for him at Colorado.

Davidson is still big time basketball as the A-10 is not a slouch conference...smaller school bodes well for him. He's got 3 years of eligibility.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Joe Hurlburt Leaves

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 pm

I did not say he was not a good player. I am cheering for him to play. CO news media said he was not quick enough to play defense on stretch 4 and he could only catch and shoot which was not transferring to this level.

I hope I see him play lots at Davidson. It is a great school. ... I have seen them play a few times in person at the NCAA tournament.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Return to Basketball - Class B