Mandan girl's BB

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller3 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:53 pm

cdub1 wrote:If they disrespected the game they would win by 100 every game.  He could have Kielpinski get 50 points a game if he wanted to.  He could have had Rogers shoot 25 threes every game.  All they do is play good defense and get there younger players experience.

cdub I couldnt agree with your more.
baller3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:58 pm

yeah, but have some sportsmanship...maybe it isnt the other team actually does work hard in practice and does try but maybe they just dont have the talent, is that their fault?? besides...how much fun is a game when they press and the other team can't even get one pass before they steal it? That's not teaching them anything.
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Strike3? » Thu May 25, 2006 6:51 am

play_d_shoot3 wrote:yeah, but have some sportsmanship...maybe it isnt the other team actually does work hard in practice and does try but maybe they just dont have the talent, is that their fault?? besides...how much fun is a game when they press and the other team can't even get one pass before they steal it? That's not teaching them anything.

Isnt practice for teaching them something? Thats why in Grade school when you play theres no press maybe so the little kids can learn the game, but its a whole different story in High School basketball. Teams arent just going to go out there and let them bring it across halfcourt just so the other team can learn something and practice it so they get better at it.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina-bb » Thu May 25, 2006 8:23 am

every team has the ability to go out and be better than mandan..if they work for it! everyones making it seem like they are so bad for winning all the time, if other teams wanted it as bad as them they would try to push themselves to a higher level and come out on top..century tried but they gave up..if you want another team to win then go out and tell them they need to start working harder..some people have natural talent but others need to work for it.. if you dont have the desire to work for it then why play the game????
carolina-bb

Postby catch22 » Thu May 25, 2006 10:50 am

carolina-bb wrote:every team has the ability to go out and be better than mandan..if they work for it! everyones making it seem like they are so bad for winning all the time, if other teams wanted it as bad as them they would try to push themselves to a higher level and come out on top..century tried but they gave up..if you want another team to win then go out and tell them they need to start working harder..some people have natural talent but others need to work for it.. if you dont have the desire to work for it then why play the game????

Hold up! what do you mean century tried and gave up? 
catch22

Postby carolina-bb » Thu May 25, 2006 10:57 am

they were close to taking the title this year..but they let south take over..century was a much better team then south and they gave up at the end..mandan has had the title so many years and if century wanted it as much as mandan did century would have tried harder...im not saying they didnt try because i give them props for coming as far as they did im just saying for next year if you want it go out and get it
carolina-bb

Postby catch22 » Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 pm

I can tell you first hand they wanted it.  They worked so hard all year, but it was just one of those things were it just wasn't there day.  They will be back.   
catch22

Postby sioux75 » Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 am

Its easy to criticize teams who are successful, but make sure you have the facts right.

Mandan starters playing time: 2005-06:

Rogers had the most playing time with approximately 3 quarters: 24.4 minutes, Kielpinski 21.7 minutes, Kelsch - 19.6, Nuss and Kraft both - 19.1.  The Mandan starters averaged 20..8 minutes about 2 1/2 quarters a game.   I know I would want to play at least 2 1/2 quarters a game if I was a starter. 

In comparrison Bismarck starters: Balzer(25.9), Diede(24.3). Gilbertson(23.6), and Reimnitz(23.2) averaged more than that, see http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athletics/girlsbasketball/Game%20Stats/05.htm.   I believe that Century starters Ternes, LaFrance and Buck averaged more than that as well. 

Mandan never scored 100 points this year although they probably could have if they would have pressed the whole game or played the starters more.  The most they scored was 99 against Shanley of that bench players scored 33 points. 

Mandan's average score for the year was 70.04 points, which is not running up the score.  The reason why most of their games were lopsided is that opposing teams only scored an average of 39.32 points.

You need to give the Mandan girls credit for never letting up on the defensive half court pressure in a game even when they are ahead by a lot.  They don't ever play lazy and they don't let other teams back in the game.  Neither do the subs
sioux75

Postby baseball4 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 am

Thank you very much sioux75.  There are the facts, straight up, I think we can stop criticizing amundson and the rest of the girls now. 
baseball4

Postby demonfan74 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 pm

sioux75 wrote:Its easy to criticize teams who are successful, but make sure you have the facts right.

Rogers had the most playing time with approximately 3 quarters: 24.4 minutes, Kielpinski 21.7 minutes, Kelsch - 19.6, Nuss and Kraft both - 19.1.  The Mandan starters averaged 20..8 minutes about 2 1/2 quarters a game.   I know I would want to play at least 2 1/2 quarters a game if I was a starter. 

In comparrison Bismarck starters: Balzer(25.9), Diede(24.3). Gilbertson(23.6), and Reimnitz(23.2) averaged more than that, see http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athletics/girlsbasketball/Game%20Stats/05.htm.   I believe that Century starters Ternes, LaFrance and Buck averaged more than that as well. 

Mandan never scored 100 points this year although they probably could have if they would have pressed the whole game or played the starters more.  The most they scored was 99 against Shanley of that bench players scored 33 points. 

Mandan's average score for the year was 70.04 points, which is not running up the score.  The reason why most of their games were lopsided is that opposing teams only scored an average of 39.32 points.

You need to give the Mandan girls credit for never letting up on the defensive half court pressure in a game even when they are ahead by a lot.  They don't ever play lazy and they don't let other teams back in the game.  Neither do the subs

The point was playing starters when they are winning by a lot.  bismarck's starters were in because they were playing closer games than mandan.  i understand that starters should get at least two and half quarters but you can't compare that to a team that is not blowing other teams out of the water. 
Last edited by demonfan74 on Fri May 26, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Fri May 26, 2006 5:17 pm

You also got to understand though that Mandan girls are usually ahead by 20 - 30 after first half...and there not going to play the subs the whole 2nd half.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:33 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
sioux75 wrote:Its easy to criticize teams who are successful, but make sure you have the facts right.

The point was playing starters when they are winning by a lot.  bismarck's starters were in because they were playing closer games than mandan.  i understand that starters should get at least two and half quarters but you can't compare that to a team that is not blowing other teams out of the water. 

He did just prove that they werent playing when they were winning by a lot.  They played a little over 2 quarters a piece.  It takes that long to build up a 30 point lead. 
baseball4

Postby demonfan74 » Tue May 30, 2006 3:33 pm

baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

He did just prove that they werent playing when they were winning by a lot.  They played a little over 2 quarters a piece.  It takes that long to build up a 30 point lead. 

he also said that bhs players averaged more minutes, and i said that's because they played closer games and it was necessary for them to be in the game. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2ndcomin » Wed May 31, 2006 9:20 am

please stop hating on mandan there the best team in the state there prolly gunna get a 6 peat every girl i know would wanna play for them so what is there to talk about
2ndcomin

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:41 am

2ndcomin wrote:please stop hating on mandan there the best team in the state there prolly gunna get a 6 peat every girl i know would wanna play for them so what is there to talk about

they're arent gonna get a 6 peat. after kelsch, kielpinski, kraft, scheuchler, and hermanson are gone, who do they have to fall back on???? collins? yea shes good but one person can't lead a team
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:52 pm

collins, jensen, luger, strandemo, levi, leno, sandau

also what other teams will be giving them competition?
Last edited by cdub1 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby carolina-bb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:02 pm

collins is the only player that gets all the credit because she had the most varsity minutes..everyone coming up after the seniors leave this year are very talented people just dont realize it because they arent sticking out like kielpinski because they arent 6 feet tall..but they are very talented..just wait they will get a 6 peat..bismarck will be the biggest comp. in the next up coming years but mandan can pull it off because they have girls that are much mor experienced
carolina-bb

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:27 pm

carolina-bb wrote:collins is the only player that gets all the credit because she had the most varsity minutes..everyone coming up after the seniors leave this year are very talented people just dont realize it because they arent sticking out like kielpinski because they arent 6 feet tall..but they are very talented..just wait they will get a 6 peat..bismarck will be the biggest comp. in the next up coming years but mandan can pull it off because they have girls that are much mor experienced

don't say six peat until you get the five peat.  and how can you say they are much more experienced when you just contradicted that they don't get as many varsity minutes? and none have played meaningful minutes in a state tournament to even gain that experience. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina-bb » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:23 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
carolina-bb wrote:collins is the only player that gets all the credit because she had the most varsity minutes..everyone coming up after the seniors leave this year are very talented people just dont realize it because they arent sticking out like kielpinski because they arent 6 feet tall..but they are very talented..just wait they will get a 6 peat..bismarck will be the biggest comp. in the next up coming years but mandan can pull it off because they have girls that are much mor experienced

don't say six peat until you get the five peat.  and how can you say they are much more experienced when you just contradicted that they don't get as many varsity minutes? and none have played meaningful minutes in a state tournament to even gain that experience. 

k first of all ..they had enough people to make it to state..they couldnt take along all the underclass men just because they didnt get as many varsity minutes as collins doesnt really mean anything..they play different positions..they needed a guard and collins was there..the underclass fwds and posts will have their moments
carolina-bb

Postby catch22 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:17 pm

carolina bb:

i think you exemplify the meaning of contradiction and jealousy.  if they aren't standing out, they aren't that talented.  talented players stand out and you don't have to be 6ft tall to stand out. and yes it does mean something if collins gets more varsity minutes - it probably means she is better than you.  i don't think they needed a guard if they already had rodgers, kraft, long, schleicher, and nitscke. but collins is decent so they played her.  and you are jealous that you are not playing varsity so you decide to down play a teammate and  that's not cool.  and kelsch and kielpinski are the only decent posts and don't tell me they can play 32 min without a sub.
catch22

Postby carolina-bb » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:05 pm

catch22 wrote:carolina bb:

i think you exemplify the meaning of contradiction and jealousy.  if they aren't standing out, they aren't that talented.  talented players stand out and you don't have to be 6ft tall to stand out. and yes it does mean something if collins gets more varsity minutes - it probably means she is better than you.  i don't think they needed a guard if they already had rodgers, kraft, long, schleicher, and nitscke. but collins is decent so they played her.  and you are jealous that you are not playing varsity so you decide to down play a teammate and  that's not cool.  and kelsch and kielpinski are the only decent posts and don't tell me they can play 32 min without a sub.

i dont even play basketball and im not nagging on collins because she is good..yes i agree shes awesome for her age..but im not jelous..how can i be? i dont even play basketball and by me saying that- im still not jelous that she has talent and i dont..:?
Last edited by carolina-bb on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina-bb

Postby catch22 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:25 am

carolina-bb wrote:
catch22 wrote:carolina bb:

i dont even play basketball and im not nagging on collins because she is good..yes i agree shes awesome for her age..but im not jelous..how can i be? i dont even play basketball and by me saying that- im still not jelous that she has talent and i dont..:?

[font=Times New Roman]so now you're going to start lying to cover it up. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Posted: Sat Jun 3rd, 2006 10:15 pm[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Upcoming players class a[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]carolina-bb[/font][font=Times New Roman]:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]i really have to agree morgan dale of jamestown is very talented..ive [size=3]played against her and i have to say she is very good for her age! ...hopefully her team can catch up to her and play at her level instead of having just 1 all star[/size][/font]

catch22

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:55 am

Let's not get into personal attacks please.  Just talk about the subject, everyone will have a different opinion and that should be respected.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby carolina-bb » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 am

played...when i was little..i havent played for a long time
carolina-bb

Postby sioux75 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:38 am

You are right.  It is not easy to win state, and no team is ever a sure thing.  It someties is easy to get carried away when a team has had the unprecedented success that Mandan has had, but it is important to remember that these are kids and they still have to play the games.  Mandan should be favored to win state next year but they still have to go out and work to do the job.  It is hard to say if they will win the following years or not, but my guess is that they will be there, with as good of chance as anyone.
sioux75

PreviousNext

Return to Girls