Miss Basketball 09-10

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Miss Basketball 09-10

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Here we go on the debate for miss bball. Who gets it ?Who are the candidates going to be?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Miss Basketball 09-10

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 am

Peterson and Buck from Century are definitely the two top seniors from the West.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Schmidty22 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 am

Madi Buck of Century is the easy choice for Ms. Basketball
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr.Fan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 am

Madi Buck should win it.
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

Buck, and Peterson from Century will be nominees, but dont forget about Burck from South.When you look at stats all 3 are relatively the same.Iknow burck needs 15 more points to reach a 1000 for her career.Who else is there that could be nominees? I think this years senior class is down from years past. What does class b have for players? IMO miss basketball should go to the best player, not best senior player.That is what the Senior Player of the Year is for.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 am

sportsguruguy wrote:Buck, and Peterson from Century will be nominees, but dont forget about Burck from South.When you look at stats all 3 are relatively the same.Iknow burck needs 15 more points to reach a 1000 for her career.Who else is there that could be nominees? I think this years senior class is down from years past. What does class b have for players? IMO miss basketball should go to the best player, not best senior player.That is what the Senior Player of the Year is for.

I do like Burck's chances. Peterson is the strongest player from Century, and really proved that when Buck and Jossart got hurt early in the season. The media likes Buck in the West though.

Also, Senior Player of the Year is a NDHSAA award, and Miss Basketball is a media award. Is that correct?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:Buck, and Peterson from Century will be nominees, but dont forget about Burck from South.When you look at stats all 3 are relatively the same.Iknow burck needs 15 more points to reach a 1000 for her career.Who else is there that could be nominees? I think this years senior class is down from years past. What does class b have for players? IMO miss basketball should go to the best player, not best senior player.That is what the Senior Player of the Year is for.

I do like Burck's chances. Peterson is the strongest player from Century, and really proved that when Buck and Jossart got hurt early in the season. The media likes Buck in the West though.

Also, Senior Player of the Year is a NDHSAA award, and Miss Basketball is a media award. Is that correct?

Ya, i think you are right. Ha
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:42 am

From A it will be Buck or Burck. How is Peltier, the NDSU verbal, from Bottineau doing?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am

balla45 wrote:From A it will be Buck or Burck. How is Peltier, the NDSU verbal, from Bottineau doing?

I would really be surprised if Peltier gets nominated. Benz would be the strongest candidate right now from Class B, but not to win it over the 2 Century players or Burck. If Kidder County makes it to State again, that could change. Also, look at the senior Geffre who may lead Hankinson to their 3rd straight State appearance. She may not be the strongest player, but getting to State 3 times in a row out of Region 1 is nothing to sneeze at.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toddjames » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
balla45 wrote:From A it will be Buck or Burck. How is Peltier, the NDSU verbal, from Bottineau doing?

I would really be surprised if Peltier gets nominated. Benz would be the strongest candidate right now from Class B, but not to win it over the 2 Century players or Burck. If Kidder County makes it to State again, that could change. Also, look at the senior Geffre who may lead Hankinson to their 3rd straight State appearance. She may not be the strongest player, but getting to State 3 times in a row out of Region 1 is nothing to sneeze at.

As far as individual players from Class B, I would say Ray's Sam Heier should be considered for a nomination. She went over the 2,000-point mark tonight with her 33-point game against Stanley... She is also an McDonalds All American Nominee or selection? not sure on which one but I know she is recognized...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:50 am

toddjames wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

As far as individual players from Class B, I would say Ray's Sam Heier should be considered for a nomination. She went over the 2,000-point mark tonight with her 33-point game against Stanley... She is also an McDonalds All American Nominee or selection? not sure on which one but I know she is recognized...

I've never seen Heier play but I am guessing she is just a nominee, ND just doesnt have the competion night in and night out for players to get recognized enough to be an actual selection.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 am

yeah it's tough to get on the official list, but there aren't too many that score over 2,000 points in the state either though...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 am

toddjames wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

She should be with those stats !! How do you decide who is better when you play 2 different styles of bball? Class A from Class B is so different! I am not saying class a is better than class b, but how can you compare the 2 classes at the same time. I know for a fact that if there was a certain individual from south that was supposed to move to a class b school . She would have played varsity at the sevenh grade so I know she would score well above the 2000 point mark.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am

sportsguruguy wrote:
toddjames wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

As far as individual players from Class B, I would say Ray's Sam Heier should be considered for a nomination. She went over the 2,000-point mark tonight with her 33-point game against Stanley... She is also an McDonalds All American Nominee or selection? not sure on which one but I know she is recognized...[/quote

She should be with those stats !! How do you decide who is better when you play 2 different styles of bball? Class A from Class B is so different! I am not saying class a is better than class b, but how can you compare the 2 classes at the same time. I know for a fact that if there was a certain individual from south that was supposed to move to a class b school . She would have played varsity at the sevenh grade so I know she would score well above the 2000 point mark.

I don't know if Heier has played since 7th grade, but regardless of her stats, she is an outstanding ball player who is also a returning All-State selection. She is such a strong player that she didn't get overlooked last year, and most likely won't this year either. Her one downfall is that she hasn't had the opportunity to showcase her game at the State Tournament. The other deserving senior that should be considered is returning All-Stater Opp from Hazen. Class B does have a strong group of possible candidates. The tough part for Class B players is getting recognition when it is unlikely for a talented Class A girl to get overlooked.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:48 am

bballfan7 wrote:...ND just doesnt have the competion night in and night out for players to get recognized enough to be an actual selection.

Since they've been playing a McDonald's All-American girls game there has even been a ND girl worthy of playing in the game. So I don't think use competetion as an arguement why ND players don't make it. They simply aren't good enough.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 am

bballfan7 wrote:
toddjames wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I've never seen Heier play but I am guessing she is just a nominee, ND just doesnt have the competion night in and night out for players to get recognized enough to be an actual selection.

i havent seen her play either, but to add to the nomination thing. Each state puts in nominees. the nomination is usually the top 10 players in the state regardless of class. there are something like 2000 nominations in the country.

about heier...if shes anything like her brother, shes not shy to put the shots up haha. Chucker or not, 2000 points is 2000 points, great accomplishment.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby CHS09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 am

I coach in Arizona and am from ND, trust me the talant down here and all over is quite different then ND. The size and talant of the athletes is so different. I also coach football and the same goes in regards to that also.
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 am

CHS09 wrote:I coach in Arizona and am from ND, trust me the talant down here and all over is quite different then ND. The size and talant of the athletes is so different. I also coach football and the same goes in regards to that also.

How would you say it is different? Having watched several high school players who have eventually gone on to play in the McDonald's All-Star game and D1 ball, I have to agree with you. I think there are kids with the ability to do well in ND, but most programs are not set up to prepare kids for that level.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 am

I like Peterson, Buck, Burck, Opp and Benz. Overall I think it will be Class B will take it. I don't see strong enough stats from Class A so Class B has a really good chance of taking it.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am

Siri Burck's last two games. 30 points 8 rebounds and 8 assists. 17 points 10 rebounds and 8 assists. She is my pick as of now.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 am

I know this is a girls topic and all but how many guys have made the Mcdonalds all american game from ND? Im dont think Dufualt made it Boschee would probably be the only one that i could think of that would have had a good chance at making it from ND, I just cant remember if he made it or not.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 pm

bballfan7 wrote:I know this is a girls topic and all but how many guys have made the Mcdonalds all american game from ND? Im dont think Dufualt made it Boschee would probably be the only one that i could think of that would have had a good chance at making it from ND, I just cant remember if he made it or not.

Boshee is the only to play
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pimpdaddyG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:02 pm

buck and peterson. no contest
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:13 pm

You obviously haven't seen Burick play. I like to watch Peterson better than Buck. The attitude is difficult to watch at times.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Eminence wrote:You obviously haven't seen Burick play. I like to watch Peterson better than Buck. The attitude is difficult to watch at times.

I think Peterson and Buck will cancel each other out. Peterson is the better player, but Buck gets more attention. Burck from South is talented but is very overshadowed by Roehrich who will be a front runner for the award next year. If a team like TM wins the WDA, then it will be even harder to argue that the Century girls are the very best. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a Class B player like Benz, especially if Kidder County does well again at State this week.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls