Century Basketball

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Century Basketball

Postby Schmidty22 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Peterson, Buck, Jeske, Huelsman, Govig, Loraas, and Jacobs can anyone stop this Century squad when it comes to WDA and State?
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Re: Century Basketball

Postby uncheels » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 pm

I think TM can?
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Whisperman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:38 pm

i know TM can doit hands down....
Whisperman
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm

TM could if they stay out of foul trouble and hit the boards. Red River and South from the East are going to be favored to win state.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pimpdaddyG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:01 pm

ann govig is an unstoppable force in the paint when she wants to. if jeske would shoot the ball more often they would score at least ten more points every game. she has an amazing shot, but is to scared to do it. and buck, who from tm can even come close to stopping her. she is absolutely one of the best girls players in the wda, quite possibly state
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:14 pm

FYI, TM beat Century. Guess she was stopped.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Schmidty22 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:32 pm

pimpdaddyG is right on the money Ann Govig is an absolute animal in the low post and is a force to be reckoned with.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

pimpdaddyG wrote:ann govig is an unstoppable force in the paint when she wants to. if jeske would shoot the ball more often they would score at least ten more points every game. she has an amazing shot, but is to scared to do it. and buck, who from tm can even come close to stopping her. she is absolutely one of the best girls players in the wda, quite possibly state

You obviously have never seen a basketball game played. EDITED AND USER WARNED Govig has an excellent shot when she is not under pressure.
spud
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr.Fan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Is Govig better than Golus or LaRoqcue? haha just messing around! Not even close to being in the same category as the two Belcourt girls!
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm

pimpdaddyG wrote:ann govig is an unstoppable force in the paint when she wants to. if jeske would shoot the ball more often they would score at least ten more points every game. she has an amazing shot, but is to scared to do it. and buck, who from tm can even come close to stopping her. she is absolutely one of the best girls players in the wda, quite possibly state

I am trying to decide if you are complimenting the Century players or not...when would Govig choose not to be unstoppable paint, and why is Century playing a girl (Jeske) who has a nice shot but is too afraid to shoot? As for Buck, whoever was guarding her in Belcourt, I guess, can stopped her since they beat Century.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm

haha... must be family of Govig. They don't realize that when they state such absurd comments that it only makes her look bad. Especially when you go to the game and see her play. Same thing happened to her brother this year. They hipped him up and he has yet to come thru.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shelly k » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 am

Eminence wrote:haha... must be family of Govig. They don't realize that when they state such absurd comments that it only makes her look bad. Especially when you go to the game and see her play. Same thing happened to her brother this year. They hipped him up and he has yet to come thru.

indeed, FG% = 38% which is 5th on team. 4.2 rebounds per game, also 5th on team, averages less than one assist a game.......
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 am

haha...eminence. you must be stupid. if you have seen ann and bruce govig play, you would know that they are probably some of the best players in the wda. ann govig doesn't look like much when she plays, but she is money all day. and bruce...do i even need to say anything. he is an absolute animal. and no, einstein, i am not related to the govigs
We should not hire people who are a threat to the religious faith of our students or a critic of the Church and its leaders
magic
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Schmidty22 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:01 am

Eminence wrote:haha... must be family of Govig. They don't realize that when they state such absurd comments that it only makes her look bad. Especially when you go to the game and see her play. Same thing happened to her brother this year. They hipped him up and he has yet to come thru.

what are you talking about you must no nothing about basketball nor have you seen Century play Bruce Govig averages the most on the team and the most rebounds on the team also he is a tenacious defender. Also he is the leader of that Century squad. As for Ann she has such raw potential if Metz works with her she will become a great player in the future. So you can talk to me when you get your facts straight about the Govigs.
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 am

Schmidty22 wrote:

what are you talking about you must no nothing about basketball nor have you seen Century play Bruce Govig averages the most on the team and the most rebounds on the team also he is a tenacious defender. Also he is the leader of that Century squad. As for Ann she has such raw potential if Metz works with her she will become a great player in the future. So you can talk to me when you get your facts straight about the Govigs.

Schmidty22, while you were not involved in it, there were multiple posters stating that Bruce Govig would definately be Mr. Basketball this year. While he is having a solid All-WDA season, Mr. Basketball seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Ann Govig does seem to have some potential and it seems that it would be easier for her to reach if pressure is not put on her.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 am

magic wrote:haha...eminence. you must be stupid. if you have seen ann and bruce govig play, you would know that they are probably some of the best players in the wda. ann govig doesn't look like much when she plays, but she is money all day. and bruce...do i even need to say anything. he is an absolute animal. and no, einstein, i am not related to the govigs

I don't know what you mean by "Ann Govig doesn't look like much when she plays", but I think she is a good player, and has really stepped up for Century to give them some depth. Have only seen Century boys play Mandan twice, and BHS twice and unfortunately didn't see anyone too dominating from Century. But they did play very well as a team in their 1st game against Mandan.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 am

Schmidty22 wrote:

I orginally thought Ann Govig had potential but when someone goes overboard with comments like "amazing" or "great" then it actually hurts the player. I think Tyler Loraas has more potential. My vote for upcoming player for Century.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:21 am

Oh and the boy, Govig is still average at best. sorry.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Schmidty22 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Average! you seriously do not know wht your talking about dude Bruce Govig is a having like ball45 said a All-WDA season he is far better than average you honestly do not know what your talking about.
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby pimpdaddyG » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Eminence wrote:FYI, TM beat Century. Guess she was stopped.

thank you captian obvious
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KiNg LeBrOn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Eminence wrote:Oh and the boy, Govig is still average at best. sorry.

I would definitely say Govig is above average. He will be all-WDA. He is the leader of Century, a top 5 in state team. You have to give him some credit, he is 6'1" by far the shortest center in WDA, and he still is 4th in WDA in boards. He averages about 13 points per game. He is also the stongest guy in the WDA. If he was 6'4" like most of the centers he would be really good.
Swag is vicious
KiNg LeBrOn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 pm

PimpdaddyG, watch the way in which you comment. You had 3 consecutive posts in this topic that contributed nothing to it.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:24 pm

KiNg LeBrOn wrote:

I would definitely say Govig is above average. He will be all-WDA. He is the leader of Century, a top 5 in state team. You have to give him some credit, he is 6'1" by far the shortest center in WDA, and he still is 4th in WDA in boards. He averages about 13 points per game. He is also the stongest guy in the WDA. If he was 6'4" like most of the centers he would be really good.

I can see your point. But he is short for a post and isn't a leaper nor does he posses any really "wow" post moves. I guess when people hyped him up as this awesome player, I was left with a "I don't really see it" opinion. If I didn't have this high expectation previously, I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed. Guess thats what happens when people exaggerate.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Eminence wrote:
KiNg LeBrOn wrote:

I can see your point. But he is short for a post and isn't a leaper nor does he posses any really "wow" post moves. I guess when people hyped him up as this awesome player, I was left with a "I don't really see it" opinion. If I didn't have this high expectation previously, I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed. Guess thats what happens when people exaggerate.

From the last games I have seen, I would say Jacobs is the strongest player on Century team going into the WDA. Anyway...I think we should steer this topic back to the Century girls team, or we could easily get into a discussion of nicknames for Century boys players...LOL.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Schmidty22 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 am

Eminence wrote:
KiNg LeBrOn wrote:

He doesn't need to posses any good post moves any guy he matches up with including Kelpienski he is stronger than them so he just powers everyone who guards him to the basket with relative ease. I also wouls like to know who told you Bruce was gunna be an awesome player I don't think he has ever been put up to be an awesome player but he is definately not an average or below average player.
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls