College Ball

Class A Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

College Ball

Postby 88fan4life » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Where are all of the top players going to play at???
88fan4life
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 am

Id like to know where Collins is considering???
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby Raider08 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 am

Feeny-U of Denver
Raider08
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 am

Lee - Jamestown
HAring - Concordia
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: College Ball

Postby jimmie44 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Ramlo-Jamestown

GO JIMMIES :wink:
User avatar
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:13 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Feeney - U Denver
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
User avatar
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: Eastern North Dakota, ,

Re: College Ball

Postby splash101 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Greening is goin to LR
splash101
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby Raider08 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am

Any word on where Collins is going?
Raider08
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Raider08 wrote:Any word on where Collins is going?


Big. Most likely not in an area where we will get to see her play much, but, depending on how things work out, she could be on tv a lot.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby Raider08 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 am

Well keep us up to date, it would be great seeing her go big
Raider08
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 pm

You are so lucky you deleted your post before I got to lock it, also SD Hoops, I am using the word "Big" for a reason.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:57 pm

See, the difference between you and I is that I actually "know with 100% certainty" who is recruiting her. Another difference is that I have been friends with Aleshia for about oh 10 years, and I have a decent idea of how mad she would be if I were to post the schools that were looking at her, but you are right, I am a fool, and I have no idea what I am talking about.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby SDHoops » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 pm

balla45 wrote:See, the difference between you and I is that I actually "know with 100% certainty" who is recruiting her. Another difference is that I have been friends with Aleshia for about oh 10 years, and I have a decent idea of how mad she would be if I were to post the schools that were looking at her, but you are right, I am a fool, and I have no idea what I am talking about.

Go to HoopGurlz.com. I did, and I didn't see her name out of the 400 players listed for the Class of 2009. That's funny, because it was either you or another Mandanite that said she was nationally ranked and all this. Like I said, she is good for North Dakota, but "big" would be considered a team that plays for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen every year. Also, you Mandan people said I was crazy when I said that Mandan wouldn't win the state title this year and well, I was right. You tell others that they are whining when they complain about the reffs, yet when Mandan lost to Belcourt, the Mandan fans screamed conspiracy theory. Why were you going to lock the thread? Oh yeah, I forgot. It's North Dakota. There's the dominant class and then there's everyone else. If you disagree with the dominant class, you get a thread locked. How fair is that?
User avatar
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Down South, , USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 pm

SDHoops wrote:
balla45 wrote:See, the difference between you and I is that I actually "know with 100% certainty" who is recruiting her. Another difference is that I have been friends with Aleshia for about oh 10 years, and I have a decent idea of how mad she would be if I were to post the schools that were looking at her, but you are right, I am a fool, and I have no idea what I am talking about.

Go to HoopGurlz.com. I did, and I didn't see her name out of the 400 players listed for the Class of 2009. That's funny, because it was either you or another Mandanite that said she was nationally ranked and all this. Like I said, she is good for North Dakota, but "big" would be considered a team that plays for a spot in the Sweet Sixteen every year. Also, you Mandan people said I was crazy when I said that Mandan wouldn't win the state title this year and well, I was right. You tell others that they are whining when they complain about the reffs, yet when Mandan lost to Belcourt, the Mandan fans screamed conspiracy theory. Why were you going to lock the thread? Oh yeah, I forgot. It's North Dakota. There's the dominant class and then there's everyone else. If you disagree with the dominant class, you get a thread locked. How fair is that?


I honestly don't care what another Mandanite or I said, or the fact that one recruiting service does not have someone ranked. "Big"would be considered a team in the " actually that is too much information for you to get before she releases it", if you were not able to figure that out. I also didn't say you were crazy actually, I am a Mandan fan, and I will root for my classmates, but I said something to the effect that it would be hard to get by a very very good South team, and I ended up being right. I don't tell others that they are whining when they complain about refs, I usually don't care, but, I did comment about the 27 travels called in the Mandan @ Turtle Mountain game, I didn't say that the reffing was terrible or anything close to that, I simply said something to the effect that I didn't agree with all 27 travel calls. (27 may or may not be the correct number, you can look, but I am not going to.) Also, I think I have locked 0 topics in this forum, because I haven't had a problem with anything in them.


Edit~~ I wasn't going to lock the topic, I was going to lock your post so you couldn't delete it or edit it. That will clear up the confusion.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm

If you understand the sheer stupidity of rankings, go find a national ranking service of the top 400 boys basketball players and see if Hanstad pops up, and if he doesn't, and you consider the programs recruiting him, you can see how funny it is. Rankings are about the summer circuit, and pretty much nothing else.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

But, since Collins is only good for ND, who from SD, besides Ostarello, is better than Collins?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby Eminence » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 pm

It's really strange that you are putting down Mandan and especially Ali Collins. In fact it was SDHoops that started the blog "ALI TO ELITE COLLINS" in the summer of 2007 when Ali was only a junior and these SD girls were graduating in 2008. It is funny how up until March of 2008, you were a huge MANDAN blogger.

by SDHoops » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:04 pm

congrats to Ali Collins for winning the MVP ball at the 2007 Twin Cities Classic in Pierre, SD over SDSU verbal Katie Lingle, Purdue verbal Sam Ostarello, Drake verbal Amber Wollschlager, and Iowa State verbal Alexis Yackley.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: College Ball

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Eminence wrote:It's really strange that you are putting down Mandan and especially Ali Collins. In fact it was SDHoops that started the blog "ALI TO ELITE COLLINS" in the summer of 2007 when Ali was only a junior and these SD girls were graduating in 2008. It is funny how up until March of 2008, you were a huge MANDAN blogger.

by SDHoops » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:04 pm

congrats to Ali Collins for winning the MVP ball at the 2007 Twin Cities Classic in Pierre, SD over SDSU verbal Katie Lingle, Purdue verbal Sam Ostarello, Drake verbal Amber Wollschlager, and Iowa State verbal Alexis Yackley.

I'm not putting down Ali. I think she is a very good player and I have no doubt she is going to be playing Division I....I was simply stating that balla45 was trying to make her into something she wasn't. I was saying if she was going "big" and going to be on T.V. a lot, then she would be going to a Maryland, Texas, Notre Dame, etc. because those are the only schools that I ever see on T.V. during the regular season. I was saying that none of those message boards have mentioned her (usually some fans have the inside scoop to the players a school is recruiting) and most "big" schools have their scholarships signed by now. She also isn't nationally ranked like some people say. With that said, Ali is an excellent player. You guys are taking it the wrong way. I would call it a stretch to say she would end up at somewhere like Minnesota, Missouri, or the likes and even those aren't considered "big" by women's basketball standards. Yes she is "Elite", but you guys are making her seem like a big time national recruit is all. Yes, I did cheer for Mandan until I saw one of the games this year that they lost and I saw how their fans really were. Some of the things that were said about the players and coaching staff were uncalled for and some of the things posted on the Bismarck Tribune and this forum just showed me that I would rather cheer for a different team.
User avatar
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Down South, , USA

Re: College Ball

Postby Eminence » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:45 pm

You have bad fans on all teams. So, you shouldn't stereotype everyone just because they have a few bad apples. I did not see very good sportsmanship when Mandan played Belcourt at WDA on behalf of the Belcourt Fans so don't judge until you clean out your own closet.

What one blogger puts as BIG may not be another blogger's BIG. So I think your getting hung up on something really stupid with a young adult. BIG to this blogger could be NDSU or UND, who knows.

You have posted a slightly negative towards Collins ever since Marlee graduated. You were a huge blogger for her Miss Basketball (around March 2008) and I think Baller called you on it when you started the blog "Mandan at Rock Bottom". Which by the way was started long before the season began, summer of 2008. So it is hard to believe that your switch was based on fans in the 2009 season.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: College Ball

Postby Eminence » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm

How many people would know Marlee Finley's points from Freshman thru Senior when she played at Four Winds for two of those years?? Hummmmmm

Re: Miss Basketball
by SDHoops » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 am

Finley is a very deserving candidate. She has won state. She has about 2000 points for her career. She tied Mandan's record for the most threes in a game. She was a big reason Mandan did good last year. I won't be surprised if Feeney or Paulson get it, but Finley is a great choice. I for one would not be mad at all if Privrastky got it though.[/quote]
2000 is not a stretch. She averaged 23 ppg as a freshman, 26 as a sophomore, 10.5 as a junior, 13 as an 8th grader. If there are about 20 regular season plus post-season games, do the math.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm

SDHoops wrote:
Eminence wrote:It's really strange that you are putting down Mandan and especially Ali Collins. In fact it was SDHoops that started the blog "ALI TO ELITE COLLINS" in the summer of 2007 when Ali was only a junior and these SD girls were graduating in 2008. It is funny how up until March of 2008, you were a huge MANDAN blogger.

by SDHoops » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:04 pm

congrats to Ali Collins for winning the MVP ball at the 2007 Twin Cities Classic in Pierre, SD over SDSU verbal Katie Lingle, Purdue verbal Sam Ostarello, Drake verbal Amber Wollschlager, and Iowa State verbal Alexis Yackley.

I'm not putting down Ali. I think she is a very good player and I have no doubt she is going to be playing Division I....I was simply stating that balla45 was trying to make her into something she wasn't. I was saying if she was going "big" and going to be on T.V. a lot, then she would be going to a Maryland, Texas, Notre Dame, etc. because those are the only schools that I ever see on T.V. during the regular season. I was saying that none of those message boards have mentioned her (usually some fans have the inside scoop to the players a school is recruiting) and most "big" schools have their scholarships signed by now. She also isn't nationally ranked like some people say. With that said, Ali is an excellent player. You guys are taking it the wrong way. I would call it a stretch to say she would end up at somewhere like Minnesota, Missouri, or the likes and even those aren't considered "big" by women's basketball standards. Yes she is "Elite", but you guys are making her seem like a big time national recruit is all. Yes, I did cheer for Mandan until I saw one of the games this year that they lost and I saw how their fans really were. Some of the things that were said about the players and coaching staff were uncalled for and some of the things posted on the Bismarck Tribune and this forum just showed me that I would rather cheer for a different team.


None of the schools that you named are recruiting her, all you have to do is take "Big" and just think of what colleges and conferences are "Big." I would love to say more, but I can't, and I'm saying she would be on tv because if she goes to 1 of the 4 schools she is considering, ND networks and ESPN will have her on tv at least 3 times.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Eminence wrote:You have bad fans on all teams. So, you shouldn't stereotype everyone just because they have a few bad apples. I did not see very good sportsmanship when Mandan played Belcourt at WDA on behalf of the Belcourt Fans so don't judge until you clean out your own closet.

What one blogger puts as BIG may not be another blogger's BIG. So I think your getting hung up on something really stupid with a young adult. BIG to this blogger could be NDSU or UND, who knows.

You have posted a slightly negative towards Collins ever since Marlee graduated. You were a huge blogger for her Miss Basketball (around March 2008) and I think Baller called you on it when you started the blog "Mandan at Rock Bottom". Which by the way was started long before the season began, summer of 2008. So it is hard to believe that your switch was based on fans in the 2009 season.


Just for the record, BIG to me is NDSU or UND, but those are not the schools recruiting her. Here is how it works, she is #2 in line for a scholarship to a BIG school, behind a highly ranked guard, who is choosing from a multitude of schools. If highly ranked guard chooses a different school, Collins goes to a BIG school, if highly ranked guard chooses that school, Collins will still go D1, just not as big. She is considering 4 D1 schools, 3 have offered, with the 1 waiting in the wings, and 1 D2 full ride.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: College Ball

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:25 pm

Eminence wrote:How many people would know Marlee Finley's points from Freshman thru Senior when she played at Four Winds for two of those years?? Hummmmmm

Re: Miss Basketball
by SDHoops » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 am

Finley is a very deserving candidate. She has won state. She has about 2000 points for her career. She tied Mandan's record for the most threes in a game. She was a big reason Mandan did good last year. I won't be surprised if Feeney or Paulson get it, but Finley is a great choice. I for one would not be mad at all if Privrastky got it though.

Wow, you are seriously hurt by what I've posted. And if your insinuating what I think you are, no I don't know Marlee. I just thought the best team should've had Miss Basketball. It is very strange that you dig up my past comments, but oh well fair enough. And FYI, if you've ever heard of the Hoopster book, you would know that they had her total career points listed. Let me know when your done sulking in your corner. Collins just might one of the best guards that North Dakota has seen in a long time. She will go wherever her talent takes her..I guess having an opinion is grounds for background checks and stones thrown at you :)
Last edited by SDHoops on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Down South, , USA

Re: College Ball

Postby SDHoops » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:33 pm

balla45 wrote:
Eminence wrote:You have bad fans on all teams. So, you shouldn't stereotype everyone just because they have a few bad apples. I did not see very good sportsmanship when Mandan played Belcourt at WDA on behalf of the Belcourt Fans so don't judge until you clean out your own closet.

What one blogger puts as BIG may not be another blogger's BIG. So I think your getting hung up on something really stupid with a young adult. BIG to this blogger could be NDSU or UND, who knows.

You have posted a slightly negative towards Collins ever since Marlee graduated. You were a huge blogger for her Miss Basketball (around March 2008) and I think Baller called you on it when you started the blog "Mandan at Rock Bottom". Which by the way was started long before the season began, summer of 2008. So it is hard to believe that your switch was based on fans in the 2009 season.


Just for the record, BIG to me is NDSU or UND, but those are not the schools recruiting her. Here is how it works, she is #2 in line for a scholarship to a BIG school, behind a highly ranked guard, who is choosing from a multitude of schools. If highly ranked guard chooses a different school, Collins goes to a BIG school, if highly ranked guard chooses that school, Collins will still go D1, just not as big. She is considering 4 D1 schools, 3 have offered, with the 1 waiting in the wings, and 1 D2 full ride.

Sorry for the misconception of your definition of "big". I'm sure she'll fit in just fine wherever she goes.
User avatar
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Down South, , USA

Re: College Ball

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Just for the record, I believe the "

Finley is a very deserving candidate. She has won state. She has about 2000 points for her career. She tied Mandan's record for the most threes in a game. She was a big reason Mandan did good last year. I won't be surprised if Feeney or Paulson get it, but Finley is a great choice. I for one would not be mad at all if Privrastky got it though.

"
is something that I wrote.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4063
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Next

Return to Girls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest