Best Sophmores!

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Sophmores!

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:13 am

Holland from WF is pretty tough too. This is a great soph class. Especially in the east.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 am

Baller wrote:
balla45 wrote:Do you know what number she is?

#12...South's leading scorer right now...Didn't start the first three games of the season because she was struggling with a leg injury.

All right. She was pretty good, especially for being injured. Then again, everyone on their team looked great at the game I was at.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 am

Baller wrote:Holland from WF is pretty tough too. This is a great soph class. Especially in the east.

I saw her play against Century. Pretty good shooter from what I have seen. Again, only one game though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBAngel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 am

Allot can happen in a couple of years.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 am

BBAngel wrote:Allot can happen in a couple of years.

What does that mean? We aren't predicting Miss Basketball two years down the road. We are discussing the best sophomores RIGHT NOW!
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am

Dboy23 wrote:All these other girls may be good, but when they come play Fargo South they all get shut down. This Fargo South team is the best girls team in the state in a long time. Theres no way Mrs Bball can go to anyone outside of Fargo South.

I dont think you shut down Dale, she scored 25 points on you. Also, Feeney didn't play because she was hurt. If your talking about Golus, you didn't play her. Herauf from Dickinson? Didn't play her either. So, what sophmore has been shut down unless you are talking about a girl from the East????
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 pm

could I just say shanley's sophmores period? Shanley starts all sophmores and most the games they have lost have been very close games
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dboy23 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 pm

balla45 wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:All these other girls may be good, but when they come play Fargo South they all get shut down. This Fargo South team is the best girls team in the state in a long time. Theres no way Mrs Bball can go to anyone outside of Fargo South.

Mrs. Basketball isn't an award.

If you are talking about Miss Basketball for next year, I agree, Burck is the best junior.
I think Farroh or Golus is the best sophomore.

As for seniors, Miss Basketball will go to someone in the WDA or from Class B. Guaranteed.

O my bad. For some reason I started talkin about Miss Bball. I was meaning to talk about best sophomores. South has all the best Sophomores.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dboy23 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Eminence wrote:

I dont think you shut down Dale, she scored 25 points on you. Also, Feeney didn't play because she was hurt. If your talking about Golus, you didn't play her. Herauf from Dickinson? Didn't play her either. So, what sophmore has been shut down unless you are talking about a girl from the East????

If I remember correctly, Holland scored 6 pts versus the Bruins.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Dboy23 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

If you are talking about Miss Basketball for next year, I agree, Burck is the best junior.

As for seniors, Miss Basketball will go to someone in the WDA or from Class B. Guaranteed.

O my bad. For some reason I started talkin about Miss Bball. I was meaning to talk about best sophomores. South has all the best Sophomores.

Golus is averaging over 20 points a game. Have you seen her play? I don't mean it in a negative way. Who from Fargo South is the best sophmore?
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Eminence wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Golus is averaging over 20 points a game. Have you seen her play? I don't mean it in a negative way. Who from Fargo South is the best sophmore?

Roehrich I feel is the best sophomore. Please do not put a lot of stock in Dboy as all he does is talk up South without really having a lot of evidence to back it up other than they are #1 in the state and they will "shut down anyone that comes their way" He is giving South backers a bad name
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dboy23 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Baller wrote:
Eminence wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Roehrich I feel is the best sophomore. Please do not put a lot of stock in Dboy as all he does is talk up South without really having a lot of evidence to back it up other than they are #1 in the state and they will "shut down anyone that comes their way" He is giving South backers a bad name

Honestly bro, Im not tryin to be cocky or anything. Im just tryin to say what I think about all of girls basketball at the moment. And quite frankly, this South team is the best in the state in awhile. They are averaging around 10 more pts/game and giving up around 10 pts/game less than 2nd place in both those categories.
There is a reason nobody on South is averaging more than 15 pts/game. Because everybody on the team can contribute equally. That is why I feel like the best sophomore has to be Meagan Roehrich. She is (arguably) the best player on the best team in the state. Im sure Golus is good, though.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Roehrich imo is the best. I have not seen a girl in the state that can break a defense down by attacking the basket as she can.If she can develop a better touch on her jump shot, she will be impossible to defend.If she continues to grow as a basketball player like she has been, she will be very exciting to watch when she is a senior.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dboy23 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Ally Fisher from Fargo South is gaining a rep very quickly. She just hit a FS record 7 3s in one game vs Wahpeton Saturday, and she had 28 for the game. Shes not far off from the Bruins single season 3 pt record, either. This girl can shoot the lights out.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am

gotta agree with fargo hockey... when shanley starts all sophomores and is as competitive as they are, you have to acknowledge some of them. especially since they have no height... overall basketball playing ability is very impressive.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:11 pm

soccer09 wrote:gotta agree with fargo hockey... when shanley starts all sophomores and is as competitive as they are, you have to acknowledge some of them. especially since they have no height... overall basketball playing ability is very impressive.

Nicole Carew imo is shanleys best player, watch out when that core of players are seniors they are going to make some noise in class a. Providing that the state of north dakota stays with the 2 class system.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Look at Souths sophomores! Roehrich and Fisher are among the league leaders in many catagories this year, and are two of the best players on the best team in the EDC right now...Raquel Wellentin is the best player on their JV and Katie Felch is the second best player on their JV, so South has 4 very good sophs, I would rate them higher than Shanleys. Central also has a good group of Sophs.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm

bruins44 wrote:Look at Souths sophomores! Roehrich and Fisher are among the league leaders in many catagories this year, and are two of the best players on the best team in the EDC right now...Raquel Wellentin is the best player on their JV and Katie Felch is the second best player on their JV, so South has 4 very good sophs, I would rate them higher than Shanleys. Central also has a good group of Sophs.
I agree,Roehrich and Fisher are great bball players, and they are very young.To come into a program that Flaggen and his coaching staff have made and put up numbers like them 2 are putting up is excellent. They are very different players one can beat you with the long ball and the other can get to the basket at will.It makes for some exciting games, always keeping defenses guessing.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4life5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:44 am

Alyssa Dehne is a very good sophmore guard from North, on a solid team like South she would be getting alot more attention
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:58 am

bball4life5 wrote:Alyssa Dehne is a very good sophmore guard from North, on a solid team like South she would be getting alot more attention

I agree...I kind of forgot she was only a sophomore.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 am

bball4life5 wrote:Alyssa Dehne is a very good sophmore guard from North, on a solid team like South she would be getting alot more attention

nothing personal against her, but on a team like south, she would be a jv player
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4life5 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:29 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:

nothing personal against her, but on a team like south, she would be a jv player

i disagree with that, she obviously wouldn't b starting but she would still be an impact player. shes a great ball handler with a good shot, only thing she lacks is height. i meant to use south as an example, but put her on a team a little bit more talked about than north and she'd get a lot more respect.
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBAngel » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Central's Sophs are very talented ! Hammer's still in the EDC leader boards and she has been out with an injury since the middle of January. How many other players could stay on the leader boards and not play for a month?
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:00 pm

BBAngel wrote:Central's Sophs are very talented ! Hammer's still in the EDC leader boards and she has been out with an injury since the middle of January. How many other players could stay on the leader boards and not play for a month?

Because you go by averages, not totals, so if she was there before getting injured than she would more than likely stay there.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopster1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 pm

It's easy to stay one of the leaders when you're hurt. Your averages don't change.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Girls