BHS VRS JAMESTOWN - Any Predictions?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BHS VRS JAMESTOWN - Any Predictions?

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:27 pm

This game will be a good matchup. It is at JHS! The last time they met it was close up until the end. Any predictions????
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: BHS VRS JAMESTOWN - Any Predictions?

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:49 pm

This game will be very interesting, BHS coming off that big defeat to Mandan might be alittle mad!! Good teams dont lose two games in a row very often and Bismarck is a very good team. I predict a Bismarck win but it will be close. Its very tough to win at Jamestown and Im sure there will be a big crowd.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:59 pm

I thought so too but Jamestown played them well on their home court. You know how the refs will be in Jamestown. If Alex is in foul trouble, it could mean a Jamestown victory. These two teams match up well.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm

I agree. Both Feeney girls will need to play well and Alex will need to stay out of fould trouble. I think Shannon Schmidt comes back for this game....if not, for their last game next week against Century. I predict BHS by 20 points....those are some pretty competitive girls on that team that don't like losing to Mandan.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:22 pm

I'll second that. I think Mandan stirred up the hornets nest a little. I think the key for Jamestown to win is they need a 3rd and 4th scoring option to come up big. Jamestown's Dale and Ramlo are their most prolific scorers but BHS can shutdown 2 pretty effectively so if they can get the 3rd and 4th to setup up with a big game they could come away with a win. Defensively I think Jamestown will be OK vs BHS.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 pm

I don't think it will be by 20 especially since it is in Jamestown. Ramlo will cause a problem for Sigl and Schmidt but Jamestown does not have a good answer for Gilbertson. Gilbertson made 2 or 3 three's at the end of the game to pull ahead.

Both teams will want revenge. BHS has just come off a loss but JHS just lost a close one to BHS in BHS gym. The refs will definetly be a factor with this game.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:40 pm

One thing that could come into play in a close game is BHS can struggle with freethrow shooting. Gilbertson and Alex Feeney are spot on but I think they have 4 of their main 7 shooting between 50 and 62%.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:09 am

The magic 8 ball is telling me..........wait for it.........Bismarck 62 - Jamestown 48 8)
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 am

Final Score;
Bismarck 64, Jamestown 38
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EDC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:05 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:The magic 8 ball is telling me..........wait for it.........Bismarck 62 - Jamestown 48 8)

That's pretty good!

So what does this mean? Would you say that any of the top five class A teams (Bismarck, South, Mandan, Shanley and Jamestown) has a chance to win it all if they got hot? Are all five capable of stringing together three straight good games?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls