Girls Class A state tournament

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:08 am

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]At Grand Forks Alerus Center[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Games Thursday[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Quarterfinals[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/font] 
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]South court[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/font] 
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1) Mandan (21-1) vs. Grand Forks Central (11-11), 2 p.m.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]2) West Fargo (17-5) vs. Bismarck (15-7), 3:45 p.m.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]3) Bismarck Century (19-3) vs. Devils Lake (14-8), 5:30 p.m.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]4) Fargo South (18-4) vs. Minot (11-12), 7:15 p.m.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman][/font] 
[font=Times New Roman]Can anyone beat Mandan? Will they play Century again this year?[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]How would Bottineau do against these teams?[/font]
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:03 am

Mandan over GF Central

Bismarck HIgh over West Fargo

Century over Devils Lake

South over Minot

Semi finals... Mandan over Bismarck, Century over South

Finals.... Mandan over Century

This tournament is Mandans to lose as always!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:38 am

I think it will be Mandan and Century in the finals, but honestly I haven't seen one game out east all season.
I'll take the east top two teams to win (West Fargo and South), although BHS isn't a bad team. Minot pulled a huge upset to beat Dickinson. Dickinson had beat Minot by 22 and 23 in the regular season. I don't think they can keep it up, but who knows?

As for Bottineau, they could play with probably any team out here except Mandan.
All teams have trouble with Kielpinski and they'd be no different.
I bet Bottineau could take second or third in the Class A tourney depending on their draw.
Y-not Daily

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:As for Bottineau, they could play with probably any team out here except Mandan.
All teams have trouble with Kielpinski and they'd be no different.
I bet Bottineau could take second or third in the Class A tourney depending on their draw.

Any team that goes undefeated must be very good, but saying that Bottineau would finish second or third in Class A might be streaching it alittle!   Class A is a different game...

I have seen Kindred play and I dont think they would be able to beat Fargo Souths JV team,  and Kindred got 3rd at the State B...  With the shot clock in A, their game is much more enjoyable to watch and in my opinion the top A teams would not lose to the top B teams, too much depth and strength.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigbballfan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:58 pm

mandan over central easy, but then again i don't know i've seen enough this weekend where anything can happen if anyone shows up to play, or somebody doesn't. I still haven't decided the west, biz game because i think it will be a good matchup. after watching the EDC tournament this weekend i think DL will give century a run for their money. they play with a LOT of heart and haven't been to state in 18 years. i think they're looking to do something then just be there. south is a great team and to lose to minot would be a shame. but i'm not saying minot is a bad team but when the game is on the line they have lost a few close ones.
only a true basketball player knows the game, how to play it, and what he/she needs to know to do the things that make a team and themselves great
bigbballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Mandan over GF Central
Bismarck High over West Fargo
Century over Devils Lake
South over Minot

Semi finals: Mandan over Bismarck, Century over South

Finals: Mandan over Century

Mandan will not lose.  Amundson is the best girls coach in the state. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:42 pm

Last edited by Y-not Daily on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y-not Daily

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:55 pm

bruins44 wrote:
Any team that goes undefeated must be very good, but saying that Bottineau would finish second or third in Class A might be streaching it alittle!   Class A is a different game...

I have seen Kindred play and I dont think they would be able to beat Fargo Souths JV team,  and Kindred got 3rd at the State B...  With the shot clock in A, their game is much more enjoyable to watch and in my opinion the top A teams would not lose to the top B teams, too much depth and strength.

I've seen all the teams in the West Region play. Bismarck High and Minot High are the No. 3 and No. 4 teams out of the West. Bottineau could beat both of them IMO.

They might have problems with Dickinson, but only because of their size. I think Century and Bottineau would be a very good game. Century doesn't have great size, but they do have a lot of athletic ability.

Dickinson Trinity beat Minot High, St. Mary's and Beulah this season. Granted that is the bottom crust of team's in the West, but Bottineau beat Trinity very easily both times they met. The first time they played, the final score was close, but Bottineau led by over 20 in the first half and Trinity was never really in the game. Bottineau also has more depth that a lot of teams in the West.

I'm assuming that the West is a little stronger than the East. It seems they generally are. If the East has teams that can challenge Mandan and Century, I would say Bottineau may not finish as high in the A tourney. If not, I stand by my initial post.

The bottom line is Bottineau has Class A talent and depth. They have two Miss Basketball candidates on their team (Neubauer this year and Roemmich in 2008) and even with those two Kelsey Aide was named State Tourney MVP.
Last edited by Y-not Daily on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y-not Daily

Postby Double Bonus » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:42 pm

Shot clock also wouldn't be an issue for Bottineau because they play like there is a shot clock.
Double Bonus

Postby ndsubball » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:The bottom line is Bottineau has Class A talent and depth. They have two Miss Basketball candidates on their team (Neubauer this year and Roemmich in 2008) and even with those two Kelsey Aide was named State Tourney MVP.

I would have to say in 2008 Ashley Privratsky of DL will have a good chance of getting...shes a good team player and besides has good stats and helped lead her team to a state tourny berth for the first time in about 18 years
ndsubball

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 pm

I'm not saying Roemmich would win it, but unless she gets injured, she will be a nominee.
There are a lot of good sophomore girls out there that will have a shot at winning Miss Basketball, but Roemmich already has 1,000 points as a sophomore and she will have better numbers the next two years without Neubauer et al. It would be tough to not nominate a girl that had over 2,000 career points.

I'm glad to see DL in the Class A race. Get some new blood in there. If they are as scrappy as I hear they are, they should give Century a real battle.
Y-not Daily

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 am

Marlee Finley from Four Winds is only a Soph. She was all-state as a freshman and had over 1000 points her freshman year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:09 am

In Class B its not as big a deal to score 1000 pts, most good B players start on their varsity in 8th or 9th grade, its rare a Class A girl starts for 3 yrs most are 2 yr starters... so you cant just go on career scoring stats
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:52 am

Your right, 1,000 points isnt a big deal in class b girls. But when you do it yoru freshman year and average 23ppg 10 rgp and 4+apg  thats a great player. Look at 4 winds girls program, the last 3 years they have played for the region title twice. Take Finley off that team and they probably dont make the region. Unless you've seen her play you cant tell me she isnt one of the best in ND as a soph. She can take over a game in one quarter. Come see her play, they dont get much better.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsubball » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:32 pm

Privratsky was selected to all state as a freshman and if i remember right she was playing on varsity if not starting as an 8th grader
ndsubball

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:17 pm

ndsubball wrote:Privratsky was selected to all state as a freshman and if i remember right she was playing on varsity if not starting as an 8th grader

Privatsky is the real deal, she has D 1 talent! and will only get better... hopefully Amy Ruley has her on the Bison radar!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:11 pm

I dont think she will go to NDSU she will prob. go to UND
ndsubball

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:52 pm

There's a good chance if she's able to get the exposure during the summer at one or more of the major camps. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:00 am

A friend of mine coached at this top 100 or select 100 camp last summer. It was supposed to be the top 100 girls and boys returning players in state. I believe it was an invitational camp.
He said he thought Privatsky was the best player in the camp, entering her sophomore year. That's pretty impressive.
I am looking forward to watching her this weekend.
Y-not Daily

Postby UND9296 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:23 am

ndsubball wrote:I dont think she will go to NDSU she will prob. go to UND
UND has done very well with DL players over the years--Sandi Walford, Durene Heisler, Colleen Chaske, Darcy Deutsch, Sara Cofer, plus several others not actually from DL but who played at Lake Region. I would agree that UND probably has a very good shot at Privatsky when the time comes.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am

Mandan 67 Grand Forks Central 27
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Bismarck 73 West Fargo 72 2OT.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:24 pm

Ivy Gilbertson tied the game to go to the 2ot.  She also was the one who made the field goal to tie the game and make the free throw with 0:00 seconds left.  Congrats to Ivy Gilbertson and the Bismarck Demons. 
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls