Shanley High

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:43 pm

Agreed.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:45 pm

Both Mandan and Century would walk all over Crookston

Midnight27 has 1 post on this board... I think they just wanted to get our underwear in a bind  :cool:

obviously he or she has never seen any of our teams play
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby midnight27 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:49 am

Just cause those teams beat Moorhead last year doesn't mean they would beat them this year.  I just believe that Minnesota girls bball is alot better than ND girls bball.  Lots more big time players, and in Minnesota at least you have to prove you are the best with the playoffs, I mean come on basically any team in ND class A with a pulse can make it to the state tourney, the section playoffs in Minnesota are so exciting..  Crookston would roll over Mandan and Century this year, they are loaded with talent, Moorhead and Barnsville would give them toruble too.  I am from Moorhead and go to lots of games in Fargo and NW Minnesota. Some of the players here in NW Minnesota are being recruited by big time D-1 programs, I don't see that in ND.
midnight27

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:31 am

I'm not buying your argument that just because MN has more playoffs means they have better players. 

Who are these DI recruits from NW MN and what schools do you consider big time? 
Last edited by Deuce on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:35 pm

midnight27 wrote:Just cause those teams beat Moorhead last year doesn't mean they would beat them this year.  I just believe that Minnesota girls bball is alot better than ND girls bball.  Lots more big time players, and in Minnesota at least you have to prove you are the best with the playoffs, I mean come on basically any team in ND class A with a pulse can make it to the state tourney, the section playoffs in Minnesota are so exciting..  Crookston would roll over Mandan and Century this year, they are loaded with talent, Moorhead and Barnsville would give them toruble too.  I am from Moorhead and go to lots of games in Fargo and NW Minnesota. Some of the players here in NW Minnesota are being recruited by big time D-1 programs, I don't see that in ND.

Kielpinski from Mandan is going to New Mexico...  Just trust me on this Crookston would not beat Century or Mandan.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:36 pm

midnight27 wrote:Just cause those teams beat Moorhead last year doesn't mean they would beat them this year.  I just believe that Minnesota girls bball is alot better than ND girls bball.  Lots more big time players, and in Minnesota at least you have to prove you are the best with the playoffs, I mean come on basically any team in ND class A with a pulse can make it to the state tourney, the section playoffs in Minnesota are so exciting..  Crookston would roll over Mandan and Century this year, they are loaded with talent, Moorhead and Barnsville would give them toruble too.  I am from Moorhead and go to lots of games in Fargo and NW Minnesota. Some of the players here in NW Minnesota are being recruited by big time D-1 programs, I don't see that in ND.

how can you say anything when you havent seen our best teams or players

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby midnight27 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:47 pm

I have seen a lot of those ND teams play.  My information is coming from college coaches who are recruiting these Minnesota girls from the area and they said Crookston and Moorhead are far more talented than most of the ND girls teams, and said Crookston played as bad as they have seen against Shanley and would beat them by about 30 most nights. maybe I am not looking far enough to the West of ND, I apoligize for that.  I just think you guys are saying ND is so much better too when you haven't seen any MN teams play.  there are lots of girls being recruited by major D-1 programs in NW Minnesota. ND maybe has a 2 good teams, Minnesota has about 40 that I bet thar are much better than most ND teams.
midnight27

Postby Ming01 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:42 pm

midnight27 wrote:I have seen a lot of those ND teams play.  My information is coming from college coaches who are recruiting these Minnesota girls from the area and they said Crookston and Moorhead are far more talented than most of the ND girls teams, and said Crookston played as bad as they have seen against Shanley and would beat them by about 30 most nights. maybe I am not looking far enough to the West of ND, I apoligize for that.  I just think you guys are saying ND is so much better too when you haven't seen any MN teams play.  there are lots of girls being recruited by major D-1 programs in NW Minnesota. ND maybe has a 2 good teams, Minnesota has about 40 that I bet thar are much better than most ND teams.

Well I'm sure Mandan and Century would lose to teams from the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area.  But we never said they were better then any other Minnesota team.  I believe Mandan and Century would both beat Crookston.  Crookston is a very good team, they showed it against Shanley but prolly wouldnt be on top against Mandan or Century.

Plus Mandan is playing in a Wyoming tournament over the next few days, we'll find out more about them as that tournament progresses.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 pm

Katelyn Steffan from Dickinson signed at Colorado State but I'm sure it was for volleyball and not basketball.  But at 6'4 she probably had DI offers for both.

Midnight27,   at first you mentioned "big time" DI and now "major" DI schools.  To me that has two completely different meanings.  To me the Gophers would be a major DI school but only because of their confernce they're in and not a big time DI school.  A big time DI school would be at the very least an AP top 25 team but more so a top 10 team like Maryland, Duke, Tennesee, UNC, UCONN, LSU etc.  The teams you'd see play on ESPN.

In case anyone is interested the Star Tribune lists all the Minnesota DI signings so far for the 06-07 school year for all sports. http://www.startribune.com/526/story/797632.html

Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:08 pm

midnight27 wrote:My information is coming from college coaches and said Crookston played as bad as they have seen against Shanley and would beat them by about 30 most nights.

Trying to determine if you have any credibility.  You apparently have not seen Shanley play.  You indicate that there were college coaches at the Shanley - Crookston game who said Crookston played so poorly.  I was there - tell me which college coaches (not a coach but coaches as in plural) were there that you are getting your information from.

You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm

midnight27 wrote:I have seen a lot of those ND teams play.  My information is coming from college coaches who are recruiting these Minnesota girls from the area and they said Crookston and Moorhead are far more talented than most of the ND girls teams, and said Crookston played as bad as they have seen against Shanley and would beat them by about 30 most nights. maybe I am not looking far enough to the West of ND, I apoligize for that.  I just think you guys are saying ND is so much better too when you haven't seen any MN teams play.  there are lots of girls being recruited by major D-1 programs in NW Minnesota. ND maybe has a 2 good teams, Minnesota has about 40 that I bet thar are much better than most ND teams.

you say most of the teams in the state mandan and century are not most teams in the state and as you dont seem to have seen them play you cant say how good they are

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:51 am

I think its all part of the fun to say our team can beat your team etc.  Because we'll never know.  That's why I'm glad they didn't have the east/west classic this year.  When all the EDC teams have already played all the WDA teams it makes the state tourney a little less exciting IMO.

As far as how Mandan would matchup against the Minneapolis/St. Paul teams we won't know because they'll never play each other.   Which is why you won't see any of our teams ranked nationally or regionally, they don't play teams outside of the state.

But Mandan does play against their AAU teams in the summer.  They beat the Southern MN Magic, MN North Tartan, MN Summit and the MN Metro Stars Black.  They lost to the Minneapolis Lady Lakers but I don't think either Keilpinski or Finley played in that one.  I believe Keilpinski fractured her eye socket earlier in the tournament and Finley was in Denver for the Indigenous Games.

Last edited by Deuce on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Trickey7 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:16 am

Shanley missed over 10 bunnies in that game and Crookston couldn't have played that much better.  It was there 5th game of the year and were lucky to catch Shanley still getting in basketball shape.  Crookston is a good team, but to say they would win by 30 is ridiculous.  If they played again they would be fortunate to stay within 20.
Last edited by Trickey7 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:24 pm

Here are some interesting sites.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/NorthDakota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/Minnesota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/SouthDakota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

The Bismarck schools manhandled West Fargo.  A strong case could be made that the top five teams in the state right now are from the West.  I still think that Fargo South, Devils Lake and Shanley will be able to compete with the West schools by tournament time.  The East teams would have to play one of their better games to win though.  FYI - Crookston is ranked 5th in this state poll that crosses over all classes in Minnesota and Shanley is 8th in North Dakota.  For what it is worth Shanley lost by five to Crookston and beat Devils Lake.  Still gotta believe that Shanley has the most upside and has the athletes to compete.

You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:25 pm

EDC wrote:
midnight27 wrote:My information is coming from college coaches and said Crookston played as bad as they have seen against Shanley and would beat them by about 30 most nights.

Trying to determine if you have any credibility.  You apparently have not seen Shanley play.  You indicate that there were college coaches at the Shanley - Crookston game who said Crookston played so poorly.  I was there - tell me which college coaches (not a coach but coaches as in plural) were there that you are getting your information from.

Still waiting Midnight27!!!  I am interested in knowing if some coaches actually think Crookston is that much better than Shanley.  You must be in the know if coaches confide in you like this.  I would say that these coaches (if they exist) would need to re evaluate how they determine talent if they actually think this.
Last edited by EDC on Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 pm

EDC wrote:Here are some interesting sites.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/NorthDakota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/Minnesota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/SouthDakota/Girls_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

The Bismarck schools manhandled West Fargo.  A strong case could be made that the top five teams in the state right now are from the West.  I still think that Fargo South, Devils Lake and Shanley will be able to compete with the West schools by tournament time.  The East teams would have to play one of their better games to win though.  FYI - Crookston is ranked 5th in this state poll that crosses over all classes in Minnesota and Shanley is 8th in North Dakota.  For what it is worth Shanley lost by five to Crookston and beat Devils Lake.  Still gotta believe that Shanley has the most upside and has the athletes to compete.

Not even a credible site.  It has Dickenson over mandan and says that mandan has two losses.  Mandan's only loss is to Century and they just won the holiday tournament in Wyoming
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:31 am

maxpreps is a joke web site!!  Look where Dickinson is... and Minot??  I dont see Fargo South at all !  This is the site that had Fargo South football in the top 10 in the country this fall. There are 50 football teams in Texas better than South, maybe more.

look how many class B schools are ranked... its a joke
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:14 am

Battle of EDC unbeatens on Friday....South or Shanley?  What does everyone think?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Trickey7 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:53 pm

It will certainly be an interesting game to watch.  I haven't seen South this year, but they have take some pretty decent beatings.  It sure seems to be a three team race with DL.  Shanley has the advantage with a win over DL and gaining a #1 seed in the edc will make it much easier with only one tough game instead of 2 in the EDC tourney.  I pick Shanley to win on Friday by 10-15.  If South stays with the press it will be easy buckets for the Deacons.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Shanley should win.  Are the bigs from Shanley strong enough to stop the South posts?  Can the bigs from South run the court with the bigs from Shanley?  Should be fun to watch.  The guards from Shanley have been doing most of the scoring.  Both Shanley and South have been playing good defense.  South was rattled against Moorhead.  Can Shanley put enough pressure on the South guards to force South out of their game?  Only a few more days till we find out.  South has absolutely killed Shanley with their trapping press over the years - Shanley has to beat this to win.  My money is on Coach Jacobson getting Shanley ready to play.  Have to see how far he has taken the guards - are they ready to handle the pressure?
Last edited by EDC on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:35 am

This should be a good game,  Shanley has played only two good teams.. Crookston and DL,  won one and lost one, South has three loses all to top ranked teams Century, BHS and Moorhead.  Both teams have blown out every other team they have played.  

South is getting most of their scoring from their guards just like Shanley, if South is to win this game the post players will have to step up.  Shanley has had trouble with Souths changing defenses and the Bruins trapping defense really gave West Fargo trouble... 

This game is for the conference lead, and with Shanley having a win over DL already its a bigger game for South at this stage of the season...   as I see it, DL, South and Shanley are the cream of the crop in the EDC, the rest of the league is really down this season.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Trickey7 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:47 pm

THe posts from Shanley have done alot of the scoring.   Every team that has tried man quickly abandons because they can't guard inside.  Shanley's posts can and will dominate if South plays man defense.  Zone defense has forced the outside shooters from Shanley to take control of the game which they can do.  There really doesn't look to be a simple a formula to stop them.  Defensively they are very capable of playing either man or zone. 

You are right about Shanley and only 2 tough opponents, South has played 3 and been lit up pretty good.  Shanley will have the upper hand in the game, but you play the games for a reason. 
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:24 pm

I would bet that if Shanley had played Century, Bismarck High and Moorhead they would have lost all three of those games too... and if South would have played Crookston and DL they probably would have lost those also.... your right thats why they play the game!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:28 am

How'd that South vs. Moorhead game go last week? I didnt catch the score, jk. That proves the Minnesota girls teams are superior with all the talent they have in the NW part of the state.  Isn't Crookston pretty good too, with that player being recuited big-time D-1?
the_real_deal

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:17 am

the_real_deal wrote:How'd that South vs. Moorhead game go last week? I didnt catch the score, jk. That proves the Minnesota girls teams are superior with all the talent they have in the NW part of the state.  Isn't Crookston pretty good too, with that player being recuited big-time D-1?

honestly stop talking on this board nobody on here cares about minnesota girls but you and beating south proves nothing mandan and century then you can talk

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Girls