Mandan girl's BB

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby carolina-bb » Tue May 02, 2006 2:43 pm

im sure they will...its the juniors last year and they want to take first every year in HS im guessing so i think mandan will come out pretty strong next year
carolina-bb

Postby flatlander » Tue May 02, 2006 11:51 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to live in a school district to attend a public school (so the 90-mile commuting deal is probably bogus). Private school that can happen, public not so much.

If parents move their families just so one of their kids can play basketball at a certain school - well, that just seems wacky, but it is the parents' call. Anyway, it's not like BB is the main offender for skewing priorites - hockey parents, anyone? Their whole world revolves around hockey- 24/7/365, it's All Hockey All The Time and it not cool money and time like you wouldn't believe but, hey, it's their choice.

Just be glad that ND doesn't have open enrollment like Minnesota - HS kids there are like free agents.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed May 03, 2006 12:34 am

We do have open enrollment.  The deadlines are just so far in advance of the next school year that hardly anyone does it.  Generally I think it is because those kids/families that open enroll for athletic reasons or would do so don't have alot of foresight.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Wed May 03, 2006 1:20 am

Eek, I'm an idiot for not knowing that. Give it time, once you have open enrollment, HS athletes turn into free agents.

The NCAA clamped down on this by sitting kids out for a year after transferring. I'm thinking that should be the HS rule too. You transfer to another school without moving to that district and you should have to sit out a year. Open enrollment is supposed to be about academics.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:55 pm

Yes, I agree.  If it is about academics, look at the national test scores.  There are always Bismarck schools in the top five. Mandan can't even crack the top 10.  Why would you want to go there for academic purposes?  Hate to say it but when I look at the statistics, all I can think is some recruiting is going on there.
Last edited by demonfan74 on Thu May 18, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:09 pm

demonfan74 wrote:Yes, I agree.  If it is about academics, look at the national test scores.  There are always Bismarck schools in the top five. Mandan can't even crack the top 10.  Why would you want to go there for academic purposes?  Hate to say it but when I look at the statistics, all I can think is some recruiting is going on there.

are you actually trying to tell me that bismarck high in north dakota is one of the top 5 schools in the country? and if this is true can you show me where you get this information from?
Last edited by cdub1 on Thu May 18, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Strike3? » Thu May 18, 2006 4:13 pm

demonfan74 wrote:Yes, I agree.  If it is about academics, look at the national test scores.  There are always Bismarck schools in the top five. Mandan can't even crack the top 10.  Why would you want to go there for academic purposes?  Hate to say it but when I look at the statistics, all I can think is some recruiting is going on there.

There is no recruiting going on in Mandan girls basketball, and there never was. If you played basketball and loved the game and you were moving down into the Mandan-Bismarck area...would you wanna go play for Mandan ( whos is a dominant force in North Dakots girls basketball) or would you wanna go play for Century or Bismarck who are good teams but compare nothing to the greatness of the Mandan Braves girls basketball and what they have achieved over the past years.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:15 pm

for all of you that say recruiting goes on have you not all noticed that the kielpinskis have been leading that team and that amundson is one of the few coaches who puts in hundreds of hours in the summer to make his teams better.  you should all stop complaining about recruiting on this board and go to the gym so you can try and be as good as mandan is.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flatlander » Fri May 19, 2006 12:16 am

Uh, I graduated from Mandan High and academics seemed fine to me. If academics are important enough to a kid, they'll do fine anywhere in North Dakota - even if they are bored to death in class.

Success and peers are the biggest recruiters of all. Mandan has been very successful and they have a lot of kids out spending the summers playing BB. Personally, I don't like open enrollment because it is abused for athletic purposes, but to say that Mandan is recruiting is ridiculous.
Last edited by flatlander on Fri May 19, 2006 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Fri May 19, 2006 12:59 pm

The top five in the state on national tests - and also not just bismarck high but century and st. mary's as well.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flatlander » Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 pm

Meh. Apply that mighty Bismarck education and give us a source :)
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri May 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Which national tests?  CTBS, ACT, SAT, MAP which is it? 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:37 am

all of the above:) there aren't direct sources...they are in highlight news letters and school papers.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sun May 21, 2006 3:53 pm

If people are stuff about recruiting then why isn't BHS boys beening brought up for recruiting. Drew Hendrickson played st. mary's his hole life then out of no were when there team is crap he desides hes going to play for the demons? Thats all in the same catogry as alll the other mandan talks. You guys all need to realize that for girls in mandan all they want to do is play basketball and be champions and all bismarck wants to do is try to compete against the braves and stay within a 20 point margin!!! Amundson runs a program like no other and coachs around the state just aren't as dedicated and that just it.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Ditka14 wrote:If people are stuff about recruiting then why isn't BHS boys beening brought up for recruiting. Drew Hendrickson played st. mary's his hole life then out of no were when there team is crap he desides hes going to play for the demons? Thats all in the same catogry as alll the other mandan talks. You guys all need to realize that for girls in mandan all they want to do is play basketball and be champions and all bismarck wants to do is try to compete against the braves and stay within a 20 point margin!!! Amundson runs a program like no other and coachs around the state just aren't as dedicated and that just it.

amundson puts on a full court press all game no matter what the score is thats dirty plays his starters all game he a dirty coach there is no reason to beat a team by 60 points
truplaya

Postby Ditka14 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:12 pm

Amundson teachs hustle and aggression thats his hole philosophy by getting up is he suppose to tell his girls to lay off. No he tells them to keep going most games for them a like a practice anyway they get better for when they go away to real holiday tournaments and play some of the best high school teams in the nation and still play with them. also most of the time the jv is in the last quarter and they still build the lead you supoose to tell them not to score? 
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 4:19 pm

amundson isnt a good coach thats why they choke in close games if they could beat boys then they should never lose or even get within 30 and in wisconson they got beat bad rogers got ripped by some african american girl something around 12 times

truplaya

Postby Ditka14 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:28 pm

truplaya wrote:amundson isnt a good coach thats why they choke in close games if they could beat boys then they should never lose or even get within 30 and in wisconson they got beat bad rogers got ripped by some african american girl something around 12 times

Isn't a good coach?? Did you see that little thing in the tribune this year?? In the last four season i think they have maybe lost a total of 5 time thats not good coaching at all???
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 4:30 pm

he lost 5 close games against 5 bad teams he wasnt paly agaisnt tarasi cnadace parker nope didnt think so he should win eerygame every year especially with a divison 1 player coming out of his program and possibly another one if he is such a good coach why doesnt he coach college
truplaya

Postby Ditka14 » Sun May 21, 2006 4:39 pm

no that would be three athletes he had coached under him went to play divison one ball. Kari hanson played at Kansas State. Rebecca kelpiski up in alaska. Also her sister who is better is going to play somewhere with alot more talent. So how has his coaching been bad with these girls all coming out of mandan and playing college ball is this stuff happeneing anywhere else in the state

its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby truplaya » Sun May 21, 2006 4:42 pm

exactly its nto which means there not palying good teams thanks for proving my point
truplaya

Postby sports17 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:22 pm

personally i dont care bout girls basketball but i would love to paly mandan girls
sports17

Postby ndplayer » Sun May 21, 2006 6:24 pm

Why is he supposed to never lose games?  Every coach in the world loses games, even the best of all time.  You are ridiculus.  He may not be playing candice parker or lisa leslie, but he also doesnt have them on his team.  So he has players go D1, what's ur point?  Mandan isn't the only school to have D1 players.  Name one high school coach who is better.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports17 » Sun May 21, 2006 6:28 pm

ok amundson i been to a practice works his girls harder than heck its rcrazy there all puking but they cant beat boys teams like people are saying
sports17

Postby demonfan74 » Mon May 22, 2006 12:00 pm

Ditka14 wrote:no that would be three athletes he had coached under him went to play divison one ball. Kari hanson played at Kansas State. Rebecca kelpiski up in alaska. Also her sister who is better is going to play somewhere with alot more talent. So how has his coaching been bad with these girls all coming out of mandan and playing college ball is this stuff happeneing anywhere else in the state

kari hanson didn't last, rebecca kelpinski is on a team that is div. II and close to last in their conference and the only reason why you hear about her in the paper is because her dad sends in articles every weekend, and the only offer i have heard the younger one get is ndsu and that's not saying much for a team who doesn't have a conference and barely went .500 - und could beat ndsu easily.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls