Mr. Basketball finalists

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby paperboy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:32 pm

I just heard from a reliable source who the 4 finalists are for Mr. Basketball.  They are Travis Mertens

Eric Erdmann

Jaden Voth

Peyton Tivis

Who's going to win?  Here are my picks, in order:

Erdmann

Mertens

Voth

Tivis

What do you all think?
paperboy

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm

I don't know much about the class B boys from out west.  2 weeks ago i would have said Travis Mertens hands down, but Erdmann was very impressive come tournament time as well.  Should be very interesting and close.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby g_unit » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 pm

i would have to say that TRAVIS MERTENS gets the award based on statistical information and team performance(19-3 record).............the only thing that puts mertens at risk is overall TEAM TOURNAMENT performance and travis mertens was exceptional come tournament time

this is an individual award and travis mertens came to play all season long and tournament time but the TEAM didnt get the win

travis came to play tournament time just not his team !!!!!

g_unit
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:49 am

g_unit wrote:i would have to say that TRAVIS MERTENS gets the award based on statistical information and team performance(19-3 record).............

Tivis 24ppg 6.5rpg 2.5apg 2.5spg

Bowman 22-2 record
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby g_unit » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:30 pm

highly doubt it...highly doubt he will get the award...look at his competition
Last edited by g_unit on Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 am

Personally, I've got to lean towards Mertens based on his great play throughout the year, but Erdmann was very impressive at the state tournament.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:47 am

"Look at his level of competition"  If that were the case then class B kids should never win the award.

Next arguement because that one doesn't hold water
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:11 am

g_unit wrote:highly doubt it...highly doubt he will get the award...look at his competition

Dickinson Trinity, Playing in the State B

Jaden Voth, Mr. Basketball Candidate

Jeff Smith, Hettinger, 26-30ppg and not a Mr. Bball candidate

Killdeer, good team

How much more competition could the guy play against? Your pretty much trying to tell me that Class B has no competition which I HIGHLY doubt. With Mertens not going to State and Erdmann getting there, Mertens chances dropped, Im not saying he wont get it, but his chances have dropped.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby paperboy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:56 am

I've seen all the finalists play this year and they are all deserving of the Mr. Basketball award.  Jaden Voth is simply amazing, he's about 5'10 at the most and he is probably the best dunker I've ever seen.  He does windmills, one handers, reverses and can even dunk with his feet! (ha, just kidding on that one, seeing if you were paying attention).  Tivis I've only seen a few times and that was last spring...he's a hard worker and hustles but not so sure about his shooting.  Mertens you all know about, athletic and has all the tools, but I question his defensive determination.  Erdmann has all the skills, probably the best of which is his shooting, and he barely ever takes a three, which I think is a mistake.  Like I said, they are all deserving and it will be interesting to see who wins, I know I'll be watching!
paperboy

Postby g_unit » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:08 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Dickinson Trinity, Playing in the State B

Jaden Voth, Mr. Basketball Candidate

Jeff Smith, Hettinger, 26-30ppg and not a Mr. Bball candidate

Killdeer, good team

How much more competition could the guy play against? Your pretty much trying to tell me that Class B has no competition which I HIGHLY doubt. With Mertens not going to State and Erdmann getting there, Mertens chances dropped, Im not saying he wont get it, but his chances have dropped.

almost every team in the east is better than the teams in class B.....im sorry to say that but really lets face reality....class B teams take all the kids in a whole county with populations of like 100 people and try to form a basketball team.......... whereas class A is just plain bigger so THERE COMPETITION IS BETTER....thats why they have two classes people because it wouldnt be FAIR for a team like lakota to play a team like fargo.......MERTENS excels in a tougher and bigger league than Voth or Tivis......and how many players in the STATE had 20 double-doubles in 22 games

one................. BUDDY
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:18 pm

They are NOT comparing Class A to Class B, BUDDY. It comes down to the best player, NOT because one level is better competition. Hillbillies? I know there are DEFINETELY Class B teams who can beat a Class A team. Its high school, there are no legitimate favorites. Keep trying to make your arguements, I'll keep feeding them back to you.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys