State A Tourney

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:42 pm

W1 Minot vs E4 Grand Forks Central-  Minot wins in a close one.

E2 West Fargo vs W3 Williston- West Fargo wins with key perimeter play.

W2 Bismarck vs E3 Fargo South- this could be the game of the tournament, BHS wins in a nail biter.

E1 Fargo North vs W4 Bismarck Century- North will win.  North must key on Michelsen if they dont want Century to hang around.

Semi's:
Minot over West Fargo- Minot steals the win with clutch outside performance.
Fargo North over Bismarck- Post play is what it takes to win championships!

Championship:
Fargo North over Minot.  North will keep the pressure on Minot's guards and force them to play uncomfortably the whole game.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsioux » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 am

Minot vs. Central-Minot wins a close one West Fargo vs. Williston-Willy gets a good game from Qvale to pull it out North vs. Century-Fraase has a huge game, but I think they can guard Michelsen so North eventually pulls away South vs. Bismarck-BHS has their one hot shooting game of the tourney to beat South in a classic When it's all said and done, I think Williston will come away with the title. I saw them play a few times this year, and they have some trouble letting teams hang around, but when they're on, they're a very good team
ndsioux

Postby theefollman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:14 am

I personally believe the west will only have one team come out of the quarter finals with a victory and that will be minot. South is a great team with a lot of talent and if there hot which they should be on fire because they know what time it is they will step up and beat Bismarck. North wont have a problem with Century and West Fargo is a good team and if they can handle qualy or however you spell his name they should beable to beat Williston. If Landry shoots like he did against DL and Central hits the key shots they need to hit than they could very easily upset Minot. Granted since they beat DL it wouldnt be that big of an upset. If they come and play like a football team and shoot under 40 percent they wont compete. My predictions is North, South, West Fargo, and Minot all in quarter finals. South will beat North in the Semis and West Fargo will squeek by Minot too. Finals will be south dominating west fargo since they want revenge. North beating Minot in a close game til the 4th quarter when North takes it to them. 5th place will be up for grabs. No team even tries after they lose there first game.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 am

North is on a hot streak, but I wouldn't want to play Century right now. They have a great inside-out combination with Fraase and Michaelson and they also have one of the best defensive players in the state in Eric Grey Cloud. Not a ton of depth, but they have been playing very well the last 2-3 weeks.
Y-not Daily

Postby g_unit » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:58 am

central over minot

west fargo over williston

fargo south over bismarck

fargo north over century

central over west fargo

fargo north over fargo south

central over fargo north
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saas25 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:05 am

Minot over Central-Minot too many good players for Central to handle

Williston over West Fargo- Williston as the height advantage here to beat them

Bismarck High over South- Run and Gun game but Bhs wins by 3

North over Century- Biggest blowout game, Century has a few kids sick and will not play that well.

Then,

Minot over Williston-Minot has the inside presence to battle inside and will nail the threes to take it to Williston, close game Minot by 5

Bismarck High over North- Bhs beat North earlier this year and will do it again by 4 points. 

and the Championship is the same as the WDA championship this time BHS winning on a three at the end- after Bhs lost last weekend to Minot, they will be fired up and try to stop the inside game and if they do that they will be Back-to Back Champions
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby DL-in-DL » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Minot over Central

West Fargo over Williston

South over Bismarck

Fargo North over Bismarck Century

Minot over West

South over North

Minot over South

DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby Savi22 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:03 pm

Minot over Central

Williston over West Fargo

South over Bismarck

Century over North

Minot over Williston

South over Century

South over Minot- south wins in close one.
Savi22

Postby MinotBison » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:37 am

Minot up 36-22 at the half.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:25 pm

MinotBison wrote:Minot up 36-22 at the half.

Minot wins 66-60.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:37 pm

If it wasn't for Sophmore Zac Elgie's 33 points, Minot would have lost it.  Congrats to Elgie on the good game.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotBison » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:38 pm

After the game Minot's coach was  NOT happy with the play of his seniors, and was apparently going to address that issue in the locker room.  We will see if that has any effect on them for tomorrow's game.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Almost an all west sweep.  I really hope williston can defeat minot tomorrow, but it's been a long time since that has happened.  Good luck to all the teams tomorrow.
biggie
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:27 pm

So much for the east being better then the west now.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 pm

[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:
So much for the east being better then the west now.
Agreed Ming. I know you and I both have our West biases, but I was getting pretty sick of hearing how great Devils Lake was and then how the East was still going to do so great at state. After seeing some of these teams I can say GF Central has good athletes but not good basketball players (except Schultz and Landry) and West Fargo just isn't that good. South is a quality team and North might be the best in the state, but Dickinson is sitting at home and they are better than both West Fargo and Central. Beulah probably is too.
Y-not Daily

Postby MinotBison » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:01 pm

biggie wrote:Almost an all west sweep.  I really hope williston can defeat minot tomorrow, but it's been a long time since that has happened.  Good luck to all the teams tomorrow.

Minot and North tomorrow night.  Should be a good one!
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:48 am

Does anyone know if Fargo South beat bismarck century lastnight in boys basketball??
ndsubball

Postby Saas25 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:00 am

South won by about 20 against Century last night.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Does anyone know who won the consolation game of South and GF central??and does anyone know whos winning out of williston and bismarck in the 3rd place game

ndsubball

Postby Saas25 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:33 pm

All I know is the BHS-Williston game hasn't started yet. So I'm assuming one of the earlier games went into overtime.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:13 pm

South beats GF central by 3 in double overtime to win the fifth place game

ndsubball

Postby ndsubball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:34 pm

Fargo North beats minot in the championship game
ndsubball

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:37 pm

Congratulations to both teams for a very hard fought game.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:45 pm

Mertens is named senior athlete of the year over shane duchtuser of minot

ndsubball

Postby Saas25 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:50 pm

Was it just me or did the Alerus Center seem pretty empty this weekend?
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys