Congratulations to Minot

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:19 pm

The Magicians beat De LaSalle, the #6 AAA team in MN, in the Shanley holiday tournament. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Double Bonus » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:41 am

Good for Minot. Gene Manson is a great coach and an all around classy guy. In the past few years his teams have started off strong and then faded at the end. Anybody have any inside information? How long has it been since Minot has been to state? Minot used to be a regular at the tourney.
Double Bonus

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:37 am

Three straight years w/out an appearance. Before that it was something like 16 straight.
Y-not Daily

Postby Irisheyes » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:59 am

Beating De LaSalle is really unbelievable.  That is awesome and congrats to the Magicians.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Double Bonus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Well, they have beat DeLaSalle the past couple of years and faded at the end of the year. It seems the level of play is down this year so I wonder if it's the same in Minnesota.
Double Bonus

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:27 am

I don't know, I heard it from a semi-reliable source ;) that DeLaSalle has three guys signed to play DI and a fourth going on to play DII.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby vcfan1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:26 pm

minot may still be undefeated BUT they have not inpressed me with any stats or scores.  they are barely beating teams like belcourt who got absolutely whipped by a four winds JV team that plays class B.  that tells you something, the west region is extremely weak this year and i am looking to see an all east semifinal in the state tournament.  i dont think that minot could even compare to a team such as devils lake.  after seeing devils lake here and watching alex lundon absolutely shot the lights out, i do not believe they are beatable this season.  they can put out any 5 players on their varsity roster and still beat any team in the state.   fargo south hasnt impressed me nearly as much as devils lake has.
vcfan1

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:17 pm

I wouldnt say an all east semifinals.   Probably an all east state championship  but their are some teams that can surprise anyone.  Like Dickinson beating South last year in the 1st round.  BHS could make the semi's too Steve Miller will get that team in gear come tournament time.
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys