EDC Results

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:21 pm

Listening to the DL game today, it sounds as though DL had their hands full.  The big 3 were kind of quiet and DL was fortunate enough to have Josh Lagein have a hot hand.  This is how DL has played all year.  Someone always seems to be there to pick it up if needed.  This game really showed the importance of the whole DL team.  It is such a different game with Hunt on the floor.  This is not to take anything away from BJ Mertens, who is also a very nice ball player.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Savi22 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am

It seemed as if every team had trouble getting started last night at the Alerus. But once the second and third quarter came around so did the teams... for the most part.

Devils Lake over Shanley

North over Wahp

South over Red River

West Fargo over Central

No upsets....

Red River and Central play each other to get into state... only one grand forks team will make it this year...

Devils Lake plays North... which will deffinetly be a game to watch... I dont know how much defense will be played and im guessing it will be an offensive battle...

South plays West Fargo... another game to watch... after the last apperance of South and West Fargo im guessing this game will be a lot closer and both of the teams will come out ready to play... im guessing there will be more defense in this one and the scores will probably be low...
Savi22

Postby WildWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Savi22 wrote:Devils Lake plays North... which will deffinetly be a game to watch... I dont know how much defense will be played and im guessing it will be an offensive battle...

Not all offense.  North goes on a 10-0 run to end the game.  Offensive battle between Erdman and T. Mertens.  Erdman nets 24 in only 3 quarters.  Mertens gets 38 points and 21 boards.  All for not though as DL still loses by 2.  58-56 was the final I believe.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:01 pm

West Fargo over South 46-44!!  1 and 2 are playing the play in games.  Gotta love tourney time.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MinotBison » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:17 pm

WildWarrior wrote:
Savi22 wrote:Devils Lake plays North... which will deffinetly be a game to watch... I dont know how much defense will be played and im guessing it will be an offensive battle...

Not all offense.  North goes on a 10-0 run to end the game.  Offensive battle between Erdman and T. Mertens.  Erdman nets 24 in only 3 quarters.  Mertens gets 38 points and 21 boards.  All for not though as DL still loses by 2.  58-56 was the final I believe.

How did North do against DL during the season?
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:26 pm

I don't know the score but I know they only played once and it was a close game with DL getting the close victory
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:56 pm

DL lost 56-58 with mertens going off to have an awesome game!! Having all of DL's points in the first and ended up with 38
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:43 pm

WOW the two teams everybody has been hyping in class A lose. Congrats to West Fargo and Fargo North on making the state tournament. Best of luck to all the teams playing to get into the tournament. Gonna be alot of pressure on D-town and South to win these games. Wouldn't it be a shame if one or both teams didnt make it? :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby FargoBison » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:35 pm

Anyone know the final score of the South-Whapeton game?
FargoBison
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys