jamboyz

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: jamboyz

Postby King James » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:20 am

does he do this for money?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:38 am

highrise wrote:it's not his job to teach your kids play,that's high school coaches job. i had a chance to watch his 7th jamgirlz team play this past weekend a grade up to 8th, lost in 2 overtime to wf team, beat a good southside 8th grade team. these are the same girls that started from 4th grade with him.

That so called good southside 8th grade team won only one game in school ball... not what you would call good.

and YES he does it for the kids and for the money!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am

Just for some information. John May didn't start Just Us Pete Santiago did, and after that he asked May to help him out with some practices. Pete is the one that taught Jordan May, Alard, Herman, Ismal, ect the fundimentals of basketball, John May stepped in later and taught the younger boys at that time like Savaegue, Schreiner, Nelson, Strom, Gefro, etc, they all practiced together with practices mainly run by Santiago and yes they were rigerous practices. The younger ones got most of thier skilles developed by Pete and John. John then took some of the kids away from Pete and changed the name to Jamboyz. Just thought some credit should go where it is due. May is in the spotlite because of his son but alot of his sons talent and skills came from Pete, who was basically forced out of the picture in the later years. May is a good coach but is too intimidating and most of the players that have played successfully for him were select players and would have been successful with anyone. That is proven by the names that are now in the box scores, they are no longer with John but still very successful in their schools. Just us was around years before Jordan May too. Pete coached Tyler Koenig and teammates and Tyler still comes to talk to Pete, he has alot of respect for him......Not John, he wasnt in the picture then...just some information!
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highrise » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:20 am

pete did not form the jamboyz (hermman, kareem, may) these kid started at the 5th grade, pete was not with jamboyz program. i have seen john coach since 1997 that's when he starter with tyle, nate, drew, jake and mike. you need to do some research before you write on this board.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:53 am

highrise wrote:pete did not form the jamboyz (hermman, kareem, may) these kid started at the 5th grade, pete was not with jamboyz program. i have seen john coach since 1997 that's when he starter with tyle, nate, drew, jake and mike. you need to do some research before you write on this board.

Pete Santiago formed "Just Us"!! Tyler Koning, Nate Kaeding played for Pete not John. I remember watching those boys play travel ball and it was Pete coaching them.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Thank you bruins44 maybe someone else should do their research too.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby respect23 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:31 pm

i have played on the jamboyz and played against them when i was on them john may was a good coach but he had double standards. he would let some kids do things and others not. and when i wasn't asked to play even though i got him basically the whole team that he has now. But whatever, when we played him my team only had six players and they had everyone. But we only lost by 6 and deserved to beat them. So basically im saying that they are overrated.
respect23

Postby HB_2 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:50 pm

respect23 wrote:i have played on the jamboyz and played against them when i was on them john may was a good coach but he had double standards. he would let some kids do things and others not. and when i wasn't asked to play even though i got him basically the whole team that he has now. But whatever, when we played him my team only had six players and they had everyone. But we only lost by 6 and deserved to beat them. So basically im saying that they are overrated.

who is all on the freshmen jamboyz this year?
HB_2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highrise » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:39 pm

i know mr. may, i have seen this guy take kid that have no skills at all and turn them into some good ballplayers.
highrise
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trigger » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 pm

highrise wrote:i know mr. may, i have seen this guy take kid that have no skills at all and turn them into some good ballplayers.

Name 2-3 players who had no skills and are now good ball players after working with mr. may
trigger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:50 pm

This weekend at the grand am, the Jamboyz freshman team with Montplaisir, Hillebrand, Rodenbiker, Farkas, and 3 other kids played against the Cavalier Tornado freshman team and won by 2. It came down to a last second shot by a Cavalier player which rimmed out for a three and the Jamboyz ended up winning. The Jamboyz have people not only from Fargo but fron Grand Forks, Hawley and I'm sure other towns also. These kids are not going to play together when they are older so I disagree with them playing together now. The Cavalier kids are from a town of less than 2,000 people and do not have any added kids from around the area, only from Cavalier. I feel personally that in a different setting and situation the Jamboyz would have lost that game. Congratulations to the Cavalier team it was an exciting game to watch.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:09 pm

football_lives_on wrote:This weekend at the grand am, the Jamboyz freshman team with Montplaisir, Hillebrand, Rodenbiker, Farkas, and 3 other kids played against the Cavalier Tornado freshman team and won by 2. It came down to a last second shot by a Cavalier player which rimmed out for a three and the Jamboyz ended up winning. The Jamboyz have people not only from Fargo but fron Grand Forks, Hawley and I'm sure other towns also. These kids are not going to play together when they are older so I disagree with them playing together now. The Cavalier kids are from a town of less than 2,000 people and do not have any added kids from around the area, only from Cavalier. I feel personally that in a different setting and situation the Jamboyz would have lost that game. Congratulations to the Cavalier team it was an exciting game to watch.

Why do you disagree with them playing together just because they are not on the same school teams? It benefits many players to play with other players. It teaches them to play with other players and get used to other players and adapt to who they are playing with.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:25 pm

football_lives_on wrote:This weekend at the grand am, the Jamboyz freshman team with Montplaisir, Hillebrand, Rodenbiker, Farkas, and 3 other kids played against the Cavalier Tornado freshman team and won by 2. It came down to a last second shot by a Cavalier player which rimmed out for a three and the Jamboyz ended up winning. The Jamboyz have people not only from Fargo but fron Grand Forks, Hawley and I'm sure other towns also. These kids are not going to play together when they are older so I disagree with them playing together now. The Cavalier kids are from a town of less than 2,000 people and do not have any added kids from around the area, only from Cavalier. I feel personally that in a different setting and situation the Jamboyz would have lost that game. Congratulations to the Cavalier team it was an exciting game to watch.

little bitter after the loss i see
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dynasty » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 am

highrise wrote:it's not his job to teach your kids play,that's high school coaches job. i had a chance to watch his 7th jamgirlz team play this past weekend a grade up to 8th, lost in 2 overtime to wf team, beat a good southside 8th grade team. these are the same girls that started from 4th grade with him.

How'd these girls do at the junior grand am. I know the 8th gr. jamgirlz didn't fare too well, 4th place if I remember correctly. Maybe the 7's shoulda played up!

1st place, two years running, Mandan Junior Braves Girls...... :D
Dynasty

Postby subway » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 pm

GFRR99 wrote:

little bitter after the loss i see

i caught the end of this game and from what i saw this was probably the champsionship game of the grand am, just in the second round. i heard that the cavalier team beat the bismarck team that took second out in bismarck a few weeks before
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby demonfan14 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 pm

This team, as freshman, lost to an 8th grade team. I walked in on this game with only like 20 seconds left and the Mandan Mayhem, and 8th grade team beat them.
highrise wrote:i like to congratulate the 8th grade jamboyz for taking second in the north american youth sports (nyas) chicago national 2007, jamboyz when 10 - 0 before losing by 4 in the championship game my hat off to

Chase Farkas

Michael Ford

Myles Montplaisir

Josh Rodenbiker

Brady Scwartz

Ben Hillebrand

Chad Ford

Kevin Olson

demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Re:

Postby demonfan14 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 pm

The Mayhem won, i only saw the last 20 seconds, but the game went to Mandan by a short margine
Dynasty wrote:
highrise wrote:i like to congratulate the 8th grade jamboyz for taking second in the north american youth sports (nyas) chicago national 2007, jamboyz when 10 - 0 before losing by 4 in the championship game my hat off to

Chase Farkas

Michael Ford

Myles Montplaisir

Josh Rodenbiker

Brady Scwartz

Ben Hillebrand

Chad Ford

Kevin Olson

Has this team ever played the Mandan Mayhem? What was the score, who won?
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dakotahoops » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 am

What happened to Jordan May? Someone in GF said he's not even practicing with the UND team.
Someething about not having the grades. Is that a prop 48 or something different. Why didn't he go to a juco if his grades were'nt there?
dakotahoops
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:56 am

dakotahoops wrote:What happened to Jordan May? Someone in GF said he's not even practicing with the UND team.
Someething about not having the grades. Is that a prop 48 or something different. Why didn't he go to a juco if his grades were'nt there?

he has not been alllowed to practice with the team this year and loses a year of eligability, ITS CALLED PROPOSITION 48. Under Proposition 48, student athletes are required to have a minimum SAT score of 700, or an ACT score of 17, and a minimum GPA of 2.0 in at least 14 courses in core classes, according to the NCAA Web site. May did not qualify! He also loses a year of eligibility so he only has 3 years to play.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvndhoops » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I know people debate on weather programs like Jamboyz have a win now mentality or are they developing players to succeed in hs/college.They were really good and I remember some of their parents said most are going to be very good college players! I have not followed all the former players, but how have they turned out? What colleges? What level? How are they doing?
luvndhoops
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys