State Qualifing Teams

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby g_unit » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Take your chance at determining the four teams from the East that will make the state tournament.

Play-in games--#7GF Red River over #10 Valley City, #8 Shanley over #9 Jamestown

#1 Devils Lake     over    #8 Fargo Shanley              = over 15 points

#4 Fargo North    over    #5 Wahpeton                    = under 10 points

#3 West Fargo    over    #6 Grand Forks Central     = over 10 points

#2 Fargo South   over    #7 Grand Forks Red River  = over 10 points (revenge)

Winner Bracket

#1 Devils Lake     over      #4 Fargo North              = under 10 points

#2 Fargo South    over      #3 West Fargo              = under 10 points

Losers Bracket

#5 Wahpeton over #8 Fargo Shaney=over 10 points

#6 GF Central over #7 GFRed River = under 10 points

#3 West Fargo over #5 Wahpeton =under 10 points                 STATE QUALIFIER

#4 Fargo North over #6 GF Central=over 10 points                   STATE QUALIFIER

EDC Championship

#1 Devils Lake over #2 Fargo South = under 10 points (another tight game resulting in a loss for the bruins but the state championship will also feature this two teams. With that said the two teams will both be 1-1 on each other in the 2 games they have met with each other this year...iam predicting a very dramatic state championship game.........i predict the game comming down to Travis Mertens and the FREE THROW LINE. Mertens shoots on average about 12 free throws a game and if he goes 12 for 12 thats 12 more points and 5-6 converted possesions without the clock moving ...and that is very critical in a state champ. game........if he goes 4 for 12 now DL has lost 4-5 possesions....so i beleive that right now Travis Mertens has the championship in his hands and the only thing he needs to do to keep it is make his free throws!!!)

Good Luck to all teams and HAVE FUN!!!!!

Mr. Basketball = Travis Mertens ....i mean really guys how doesnt this guy get the award he won the SCORING,REBOUNDING,BLOCK state titles last year and this year.....GOOD WORK TRAVIS!
Last edited by g_unit on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:08 am

I agree with almost every point of that except West beats Whap by more than 10, DL beats North by more than 10, and Whap beats RR by more than 10.

I also think your quite coragous saying that your own South Bruins will not only be defeated by DL, but by Travis Mertens in the clutch. Many people would say that they would shut down Mertens. But nice call.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:31 am

I agree with a lot you say, but I think a Grand Forks team will make state only because EDC is in Grand Forks.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys