New Class A Poll

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby DL-in-DL » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:52 am

DL and Minot still 1-2, South to 3

N.D. Class A polls

1. Devils Lake (5) first-place votes, 15-1 record, 33 points; 2. Minot (2) 16-1 28; 3. Fargo South 13-4 21; 4. West Fargo 12-4 13; 5. Fargo North 12-5 4 5

Also receiving votes: Bismarck (11-6), Williston (11-6).
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby theefollman » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:49 am

So DL is still number one. I didnt think it would effect them but they need to come out strong tonight and plow over red river and show that the loss to south didnt effect anything but made them tuffer and want that championship a lot more.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DL fan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:41 am

This is true because of DL's loss they are way more hungary and want it a lot more. They have to get better every day. I predict a big win over Red River tonight. But they still have a long way to go before the EDC.
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:10 pm

DL fan1 wrote:This is true because of DL's loss they are way more hungary and want it a lot more. They have to get better every day. I predict a big win over Red River tonight. But they still have a long way to go before the EDC.

Devils Lake beat Red River by 2 pts tonight... has the mighty DL peaked too early?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:09 pm

D-Town shot absolutely terrible tonight. Red River has been playing some really good ball lately with wins over West, SOUTH,and wahpeton the past couple weeks. They came up the floor and stopped just past mid court and held the ball until 7 secs on the shot clock and then looked for a shot, they absolutely took the air out of the ball. DL got the job done though for a 3 point win not 2.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndsubball » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:58 pm

actually DL won by 3 points
ndsubball

Postby bruins44 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:22 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:D-Town shot absolutely terrible tonight. Red River has been playing some really good ball lately with wins over West, SOUTH,and wahpeton the past couple weeks. They came up the floor and stopped just past mid court and held the ball until 7 secs on the shot clock and then looked for a shot, they absolutely took the air out of the ball. DL got the job done though for a 3 point win not 2.

at the end of the season teams will experiment with different game plans... if RR sat on the the ball Im sure they thought that stratagy would work, and it did, slowing down the DL offense is smart coaching.... I remember way back in '79 when Wahpeton was undefeated going into the EDC tournament and West Fargo put on a stall... (no shot clock)  the Pack beat them,  Wahp went two games and out and failed to make the state tournament.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:21 am

No matter how DL has been playing lately they are still the best team in the state.  Red River played them tough.  Come EDC time teams are still gonna be gunning for them so they need to continue to play their game.  I would just like to congratulate St. Mary's with their 68-66 win last night over Century.  It was a great game.  St. Mary's won it with a 3 pointer with 2.4 seconds left.  For once this year I actually saw fans cheering and making noise at that gymnasium.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys