Dickinson @ Mandan

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dickinson @ Mandan

Dickinson
29%
Mandan
71%

Total votes : 14

Postby O_Snap » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:57 am

Who's gonna pull it out between the two possible Mr. Basketball player's...
O_Snap

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:21 am

I really think it's gonna be a great game, especially for how hard it is to win in Mandan.  However, viewing this from a somewhat neutral standpoint, I think that Dickinson's deep bench along with all of their weapons should be enough to overwhelm Mandan and cancel out the Kick Belahovek equation. It will truly come down to role players, and I think Dickinson just happens to be superior, that's why they were the preseason number 1.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Mandan over Dickinson 79 to 74

Behlovak had 3 fouls first half and barely played, Dickinson was up by 16 at one point in the first half and Mandan cut down to 9 going into half. Behlovak came in 2nd half and took over. Kick was non existent that game. Fridley on the other hand, is very good in my opinion. He had a  good game. Behlovak in the 2nd half was amazing, he was just rising over defenders knocking down shots, his dunk was nice to. This game should defintely put Behlovak in the top spot for Mr. Basketball.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Last edited by Strike3? on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3sport » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Belohlavek absolutely went off in the second half...he could not be stopped. with a nice jam too
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Great player proved himself tonite with getting in early foul trouble and not playing first half.    Made it his game 2nd half though.. droppin 27  Andy Hoff also put up 18 with 9 boards
Last edited by vikes_fan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Great player proved himself tonite with getting in early foul trouble and not playing first half.    Made it his game 2nd half though.. droppin 27  Andy Hoff also put up 18 with 9 boards
Last edited by vikes_fan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsnut » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:37 pm

Strike3? wrote:Mandan over Dickinson 79 to 74

Behlovak had 3 fouls first half and barely played, Dickinson was up by 16 at one point in the first half and Mandan cut down to 9 going into half. Behlovak came in 2nd half and took over. Kick was non existent that game. Fridley on the other hand, is very good in my opinion. He had a  good game. Behlovak in the 2nd half was amazing, he was just rising over defenders knocking down shots, his dunk was nice to. This game should defintely put Behlovak in the top spot for Mr. Basketball.

Strike what game did you watch? I covered that game and you are partly correct Behlovak played really well in the second half. you fail to mention that Kick was on the bench with foul trouble when Mandan made the run. as far as Kick being non existent here are the official stats for both:

Belohlavek: 26 min played, 11/20 from the field 2/4 from the line= 27pts & 7 rebounds.

Kick: 29 min played, 10/18 from the field 3/7 from the line = 25 pts & 13 rebounds

If that means Kick was non existent, I don't know what he has to do.

Both players are great players, and Fridley for DHS (11 pts, 5 assists) and Benz for MHS( 23 pts , 7 rebounds) played great also. In addition both teams had others who stepped up- Schroeder had 14 pts Jahner had 10 pts for DHS and Hoff had 15 pts and 10 boards for Mandan.

Great game to watch many streaks. Mandan was stronger in the end.

Sportsnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports-38 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:20 pm

Sports nut, im pretty sure Kick was in the game when mandan made the run, and Kick wasnt really in foul trouble, picked up his fourth foul with about 3 minutes to go and only had 2 at half time, so i dont know what you are saying. Kick did sit about the last 4 minutes of the first but belohvek wasnt in then either, and mandan didnt really make a run untill the start of the second half, and Kick was in. Dont get me wrong, Kick is a good player and yes he wasnt non existent, but belovhek was lights out in the second half, playing the whole second half and if im not mistaken he had 18 points in a row.
Last edited by sports-38 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Sportsnut wrote:

Strike what game did you watch? I covered that game and you are partly correct Behlovak played really well in the second half. you fail to mention that Kick was on the bench with foul trouble when Mandan made the run. as far as Kick being non existent here are the official stats for both:

Belohlavek: 26 min played, 11/20 from the field 2/4 from the line= 27pts & 7 rebounds.

Kick: 29 min played, 10/18 from the field 3/7 from the line = 25 pts & 13 rebounds

Both players are great players, and Fridley for DHS (11 pts, 5 assists) and Benz for MHS( 23 pts , 7 rebounds) played great also. In addition both teams had others who stepped up- Schroeder had 14 pts Jahner had 10 pts for DHS and Hoff had 15 pts and 10 boards for Mandan.

Haha non existent with them stats haha wish I could of saw the game. Mandan remains to be tough at home. It wil be very interesting come playoffs(WDA) whatever u want to call it and state to see how they fair. Because they in my opinion have yet to beat a good team on the road Williston is really not that good of team the gaurds started off shooting well cause no one though they could shoot so they got open looks. But i havent seen much of them if state was in Mandan they would be my pick but its in fargo a place they have yet to win so...But what do people think does mandan have a legit chance at state?
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:44 pm

member wrote:
Sportsnut wrote:

Haha non existent with them stats haha wish I could of saw the game. Mandan remains to be tough at home. It wil be very interesting come playoffs(WDA) whatever u want to call it and state to see how they fair. Because they in my opinion have yet to beat a good team on the road Williston is really not that good of team the gaurds started off shooting well cause no one though they could shoot so they got open looks. But i havent seen much of them if state was in Mandan they would be my pick but its in fargo a place they have yet to win so...But what do people think does mandan have a legit chance at state?

Does it matter??? They knocked off the 2 top teams in the state in 2 weeks.... That has to say somthin?? Right now many teams have a shot look at the WDA how unpredictable it is....
O_Snap

Postby Sportsnut » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:04 am

sports-38 wrote:Sports nut, im pretty sure Kick was in the game when mandan made the run, and Kick wasnt really in foul trouble, picked up his fourth foul with about 3 minutes to go and only had 2 at half time, so i dont know what you are saying. Kick did sit about the last 4 minutes of the first but belohvek wasnt in then either, and mandan didnt really make a run untill the start of the second half, and Kick was in. Dont get me wrong, Kick is a good player and yes he wasnt non existent, but belovhek was lights out in the second half, playing the whole second half and if im not mistaken he had 18 points in a row.

I should explain-The run I was talking about was the run before half that cut the lead to 9. You are correct Kick was in the game during the second half run.  I was responding to the claim that Kick was non existent. You are also correct Belohvek was absolutely on fire and had a great game.
Sportsnut
NDPreps Rookie

Postby da_man 23 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:57 am

Non-Existent....haha Strike 3...u really thought bout that one before u said it didn't u? Kick had 2 less points that justin did and double the rebounds...hmmm if thats non-existent then wow u must be playin in the NBA urself then cuz thats a pretty high standard.
da_man 23

Postby 3sport » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:16 am

i think strike3 meant kick seemed non existent because of what belohlavek was doing in the second half.
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:22 am

3sport wrote:i think strike3 meant kick seemed non existent because of what belohlavek was doing in the second half.

I didnt get to see the game but if u ask me Kick had the better game in my opinion BUT Belohlavek got the win. So i would have to say Quvale is out and Its Kick and Belohlavek for Mr. Basketball.
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:42 am

In my honest opinion I don't think Kick had the better game at all.  He had a prety quiet 25pts.
O_Snap

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 am

member wrote:
3sport wrote:i think strike3 meant kick seemed non existent because of what belohlavek was doing in the second half.

I didnt get to see the game but if u ask me Kick had the better game in my opinion BUT Belohlavek got the win. So i would have to say Quvale is out and Its Kick and Belohlavek for Mr. Basketball.

I drove to the game in Mandan, and IMO the two teams absolutely switched rolls from first half to second half.  I literally thought it was over when Dickinson was up by 18 in the first half, and they should've coasted, but getting lazy let the braves back in the game. 

I was also very impressed by the reffing, which is usually in all my experiences terrible in Mandan...It was almost in favor of the Midgets, haha.

Belohlavek was nothing special in the first half and was committing legitimate fouls, but he did completely own Fridley and Kudrna to start that second half.

What the game came down to was the Midgets not taking advantage of Belohlaveks foul trouble, while having many, many possession of shots going up without Kick even getting a touch, which you could tell frustrated him.  He played consistent, put up big numbers, but the one run by Belohlavek put the game away, and the Midgets didn't even give Kick a chance to answer.

Would've been interesting to see the results if DHS would've tried Kick on Belohlavek?
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:09 am

O_Snap wrote:In my honest opinion I don't think Kick had the better game at all.  He had a prety quiet 25pts.

Like I said I never saw the game im just going by stats and stats dont lie.
Last edited by member on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 am

So Mandan must of had a reality check after the St. Mary's game?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby kel20Nd » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:37 am

To me it looked like dickenson came out the 2nd half and thought they already had the game won. Mandan stepped up the intensity and before they knew it dickenson was down by 15. It seemed like Kick was no where to be found when mandan was making there run, he had a very quite 25 with at least 8 in last couple of minutes when the game was already over.  He still looked very good but he was not getting enough  touches for his team to win.
kel20Nd

Return to Boys