Jordan Wilhelm

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Dakota BBall » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:21 am

Since we are mentioning other, how about Wilhelm?  Returning 1st team all stater, with one returning starter from the previous year to play with.  Averaging 19 points and 8 boards.  Almost identical numbers to a year ago with boards up by 2.  Impressive stats from a player who is playing with a bunch of newcomers.  It surprises me that his name isn't being mentioned more often.
Dakota BBall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby da_man 23 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:26 am

He is a very good player and his defense is AMAZING, I don't think hes been overshadowed, i just think when u got ppl like Behlovak putting up the numbers he is, all eyes are on him. He's definatly not a player to forget about becuz the kid can score.....look at WDA last year!
da_man 23

Postby Dakota BBall » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:40 am

Nice post.  Most people don't give him credit for his defense.  When they played Dickinson High he guarded Tate Kick the entire game and Kick had 11 points on 5-14 shooting.  He did get help from his team at times, but he was the primary defender the majority of the time.
Dakota BBall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mr. Me Too » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:23 am

Yes. . .he is a very dominate player but he's not getting mentioned because you have Belohlavek dropping almost 30 a night. . .but Wilhelm is an excellent player
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:06 am

Wilhelm is doing good but i think ppl expected alot more out of him like 25 points and 10 boards or around there like he was putting up at wda last year still a great player though one of the best in the state

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am

After watching Wilhelm a couple of times this season, it seems to me that although he is a great player for the demons, and there are a couple of players surrounding him with potential, he appears almost leary to trust his teammates, and forces himself into bad situations, if Bismarck wants to win more games, he's going to have to start looking to his teammates whether he trusts them or not.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dakota BBall » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:17 am

cityleaguer wrote:After watching Wilhelm a couple of times this season, it seems to me that although he is a great player for the demons, and there are a couple of players surrounding him with potential, he appears almost leary to trust his teammates, and forces himself into bad situations, if Bismarck wants to win more games, he's going to have to start looking to his teammates whether he trusts them or not.

Trust is earned, not given.  Right now he is playing with extremely inexperienced perimeter players who have a tough time getting him the ball.  This is one reason that I think he is often not mentioned along with Quale and Kick. Kick has one of the top point guards in the state in Fridley, and Quale can still get open at times (at 6-11) without a great point guard.  Imagine being a 6-5  and having talented, but still inexperieced guards trying to set you up.
Last edited by Dakota BBall on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakota BBall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:47 pm

Dakota BBall wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:After watching Wilhelm a couple of times this season, it seems to me that although he is a great player for the demons, and there are a couple of players surrounding him with potential, he appears almost leary to trust his teammates, and forces himself into bad situations, if Bismarck wants to win more games, he's going to have to start looking to his teammates whether he trusts them or not.

Trust is earned, not given.  Right now he is playing with extremely inexperienced perimeter players who have a tough time getting him the ball.  This is one reason that I think he is often not mentioned along with Quale and Kick. Kick has one of the top point guards in the state in Fridley, and Quale can still get open at times (at 6-11) without a great point guard.  Imagine being a 6-5  and having talented, but still inexperieced guards trying to set you up.

well i guess the only way those guards can learn to play and help him out is through experience, it's gotta come at some time or another, better before WDA to make their mistakes then at State.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 pm

I think Kick had all 11 of his points against Wilhelm when he was guarding him one on one. Bismarck was most effective when it was by committee
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:06 am

pretty good
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:18 pm

wilhelm's stock prolly went up last night with 33 pts against century
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Ming01 wrote:wilhelm's stock prolly went up last night with 33 pts against century

I think what surpised me more then Willy's 33 was Bruce Govigs 17. Govig is tough.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dakota BBall » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:21 pm

Big players step up at the end of the year.  Nice game by Wilhelm.  I was told by people that were that he had quite a few shots spin out or he has 40 +.
Dakota BBall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby O_Snap » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Dakota BBall wrote:Big players step up at the end of the year.  Nice game by Wilhelm.  I was told by people that were that he had quite a few shots spin out or he has 40 +.

Great player... but refering to what you said you could say that about any player any night some shots spinning out....
O_Snap

Postby Dakota BBall » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:40 am

Yes I could, but the point I was making was that he had 33 already, and it could have been quite a bit more.  You can say that just about any player has shots spin in and out, but not that he would have had 40 some points if not for a couple misses.
Last edited by Dakota BBall on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dakota BBall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:11 am

regardless if he missed. . .Wilhelm is an excellent player to watch, he plays the good D. . .and can score, really knows how to use his pivot foot which helps him get into scoring position, plus he can shoot. . .if he gets himself a few more big games he'll be more on the talk of Mr. Basketball
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oldtymer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:40 pm

I work at Umary and the word on campus today was jordan verbally committed
oldtymer

Return to Boys