Whos The New Number One?

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Will Be Number One Wednesday?

Poll runs till Sun Feb 07, 2044 11:26 am

Williston
46%
Dickinson
38%
Devils Lake
12%
Bismarck
4%
Mandan
No votes

Total votes : 26

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:57 am

Will voters think the loss to Mandan was a fluke and williston keep their top spot?
NDPreps Starter

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:05 am

you gotta think that it's gonna be Dickinson.  Though they got their butts handed to them by Williston, that's their only loss, and Williston was the number one team. That, along with Dickinson being the preseason number 1, they shouldn't get penalized for their one bad loss.  Also, I find it hard to not put another one loss team on top if Williston has 2.  As far as the Mandan game being a fluke, You could say the same for Glendive then, and i believe Glendive lost to Dickinson by 15. However, I don't think either loss by williston was a fluke, just part of how crazy the WDA is.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 am

cityleaguer wrote:you gotta think that it's gonna be Dickinson.  Though they got their butts handed to them by Williston, that's their only loss, and Williston was the number one team. That, along with Dickinson being the preseason number 1, they shouldn't get penalized for their one bad loss.  Also, I find it hard to not put another one loss team on top if Williston has 2.  As far as the Mandan game being a fluke, You could say the same for Glendive then, and i believe Glendive lost to Dickinson by 15. However, I don't think either loss by williston was a fluke, just part of how crazy the WDA is.

So that being said, you could just go ahead and slip Devils Lake into the number one spot with Dickinson and Williston following respectively. But how do u place the 4 and 5 spots do you kick Mandan out with the loss to Belcourt or do you even possibly place them 4th with the win at Williston which I don't believe is a fluke. I think that looking at it and seeing Dickinson was in a similar postion with them and imo two teams far superior to Belcourt that their are other factors in the loss. Also though mandan did lose to Bismarck which has to come into play I do believe or not?
NDPreps Starter

Postby skoal_24 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:15 am

#1 DICKINSON

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

skoal_24

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 am

skoal_24 wrote:#1 DICKINSON

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

Don't know about Bismarck being number 3, they have 4 losses now dont' they? I do think that Devil's Lake needs to be ranked however in your poll with the one loss (if that's what they still have?).  It would've been nice for there to be a holiday tournament this year to get a little mix up with the east and west, that really would've weeded out some of the confusion I think.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:29 am

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

Devils lake Defenitely needs to be in there Belcourt is a definite no they have beat anyone that should make them ranked and they cant beat a good team away from home.
NDPreps Starter

Postby skoal_24 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:49 am

member wrote:

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

Devils lake Defenitely needs to be in there Belcourt is a definite no they have beat anyone that should make them ranked and they cant beat a good team away from home.

WELL WHEN  DEVILS LAKE GETS IN THE WDA I WILL RANK THEM BUT UNTIL THEN THEY WILL NOT GET RANKED BY ME IU AM RANKING THE WDA I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE EDC TEAMS   BY THE WAY WHY SHOULD DEVILS LAKE BE RANKED THEY JUST LOST TO WAHPETON BY LIKE 20 POINTS WHO DID DEVILS LAKE BEAT AWAY FROM HOME THAT MAKES THEM RANKED????????????????????
skoal_24

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:58 am

skoal_24 wrote:
member wrote:

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

WELL WHEN  DEVILS LAKE GETS IN THE WDA I WILL RANK THEM BUT UNTIL THEN THEY WILL NOT GET RANKED BY ME IU AM RANKING THE WDA I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE EDC TEAMS   BY THE WAY WHY SHOULD DEVILS LAKE BE RANKED THEY JUST LOST TO WAHPETON BY LIKE 20 POINTS WHO DID DEVILS LAKE BEAT AWAY FROM HOME THAT MAKES THEM RANKED????????????????????

I didnt know they had recently lost but eve you sayin they havent beat anyone away from home (Devils Lake) they are still better than belcourt. Im not sure how the Mandan game ended but im sure it was similar to Dickinson. Also Dickinson is better than Mandan thats why they won not much better but I'll say 2 points better Belcourt isnt gunna do anything this year prolly gunna go 1-2 in the WDA tournament and it will be over but belcourt is getting talked about enough why would we even talk about the team they wont be in the top 5 or number one and that is what this thread is about am I right?
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:00 am

#2  WILLISTON

#3 BISMARCK

#4 BELCOURT

Belcourt #4 hahaha not a chance
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:00 am

DL beat belcourt away from home beat north away from home beat west fargo away from home
ndsubball

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:05 am

ndsubball wrote:DL beat belcourt away from home beat north away from home beat west fargo away from home

Well there is atleast 2 reason right there why they should still be ranked. I believe the top 5 will stay the same.
NDPreps Starter

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:09 am

Things shoul really get stirred up after the Mandan Dickinson Game. Which i think is late this week.
NDPreps Starter

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:45 am

The game is on Saturday and it should be interesting to see who comes out on top, it's always tough to play in Mandan.  I think though that unless Mandan finds more ways to score Dickinson could come out with a big win, especially the way they've been sharing the load the last couple games with several players in double figures.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 am

If Belcourt makes top 5 the ranking system is a joke haha
O_Snap

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:06 am

Not to say that Belcourt couldn't be a top 5 team though.  If they get a fw big wins on the road things could change for them.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm gonna say 1. Dickinson 2. Williston 3. Bismarck 4. Devils Lake 5. Shanley
Belcourt or Mandan could be in there as well
BHS should be 3rd because of their wins over Belcourt and Mandan and DL's loss to Wahpeton but them and DL could still be interchanged
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Spanky » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:20 pm

I still think williston is #1. I would give it to Dickinson if they had lost in Williston. They didn't. They lost at home (and badly I might add). Williston lost to Mandan in a close game that could have gone either way. And it was their first close game all season. I'm not really counting the Glendive game. It was, I believe, their first game and that makes a big difference with an unexperienced team like Williston.

1. Williston

2. Dickinson

3. Bismarck

4. Devils Lake
Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:26 pm

How do you keep DL in there after they got blown out by Wahpeton....not even a close game?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby member » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Baller wrote:How do you keep DL in there after they got blown out by Wahpeton....not even a close game?

Very true also how does Bismarck go up a spot by losing.
NDPreps Starter

Postby O_Snap » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 pm

I think that the rankings will stay pretty close to the same as they are now.  With Dickinson on top
Last edited by O_Snap on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:03 am

DL Wahp game was close until T.Miller went off with around 5 minutes left in the game. DL had 3 starters on the bench in the first half with foul trouble. But give

Wahp some credit that played really well.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes_fan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 am

1. Dickinson

2. Williston

3. Bismarck

4. Devils Lake

5. Mandan
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby OkGo12 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:16 pm

I think they stay pretty much the same as they were. . .Mandan going up to first but then losing to belcourt will keep them where they were with Williston dropping to 2 or 3 and Dickinson going to 1 and BHS being 2 or 3 and DL will be 4
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby skoal_24 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 pm

O_Snap wrote:If Belcourt makes top 5 the ranking system is a joke haha

BELCOURT BEAT MANDAN  HA HA THATS NOT A JOKE ITS THE TRUTH
skoal_24

Postby O_Snap » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Yep Belcourt won
Last edited by O_Snap on Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O_Snap

Next

Return to Boys