Fargo South Beats Devils Lake

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby On The Hardwood » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:45 pm

Great games were played on both sides. South shot the lights out for most of the game while DL shot well from the 3 point line and had plenty points down low.

The score was pretty tight the whole way except when DL went up by 10 in the 2nd quarter. But after a timeout South came back with a charge to tie it up again.

It wasn't until 4 minutes left when a few missed attempts by DL left South to take advantage of. I think South had a lead by 7 or so when DL made a charge with a couple huge 3's by Hunt and Mertens. The Bruins were able to hit their free throws late in the game and the gap was too much.

Final Score: 85 - 81

Amazing game. The place was packed and both teams played hard.  If you weren't there you missed out. Best game I've seen all season.
On The Hardwood
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsubball » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:00 pm

Yeh DL may have lost but its hard to win when you are playing 8 on 5 the whole..
ndsubball

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:40 pm

I am shocked.  I cannot believe South beat D-Lake, especially at home.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:56 pm

I smell rematch.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:38 am

ndsubball wrote:Yeh DL may have lost but its hard to win when you are playing 8 on 5 the whole..

so now you are blaming the loss on the referees!!  come on,  it was a great game by two very good teams... Devils Lake getting homererd at home, I DONT THINK SO. These two teams will meet again when the stakes are much higher
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 am

yeah accutally the refs screwed us because they never blew their whistle both ways and there we a lot of fouls on south when our guys were shooting and they never called it....
ndsubball

Postby 1337 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:22 am

It is time for all DL fans to man up and admit the loss. Good calls, bad calls, your team has to make the big plays in the games that count and that's what makes a team great. Blaming the refs is weak. It is not as if DL's season is over or anything. I still personally feel it is always better to not be undefeated when it comes to tournament time anyway, it just makes for a bigger target on your back. Props to South and lets hope for an even greater EDC and State tournaments!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:45 am

The game had nothing to do with the refs and I'm a HUGE D-town fan, it was a great game played by 2 great teams. South shot absolute lights out, Glass made every shot he took from about 10 feet which was probably about 8 and Sandvig hit 2 big threes in the fourth and he had only made 6 all year. South did just like every other team has, they came with their BEST effort and you have to give them credit for getting the job done. Hopefully this will take some of the pressure off of being undefeated and D-town can get a little revenge down the road in the EDC Championship game. I gaurantee this isn't the last time they'll meet this year.
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ole_3m » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:41 am

Yes, i am a Devils Lake fan and i dont think that you can blame that game on the refs.  there were a couple of questionable calls but nothing at all that would let fargo south win the game.  That was the best high school basketball game that i have ever been to and yes anyone that wasnt there last night missed out.  i smell a rematch in the state tournament and probably the edc tournament.  I have to give props to Fargo South they shot very well last night and it was a great game.  What i didnt like was the cockiness of their C squad team acting like they were out there playing and won the game after they were beat earlier in the evening.  That is the one thing i do not like about fargo schools they have absolutely no class at all.  With Minot lossing thursday i would still have to say that Devils Lake is still the best team in the state right now and Mr. Basketball had 31 points last night.
ole_3m
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:36 am

Ole_3m wrote: What i didnt like was the cockiness of their C squad team acting like they were out there playing and won the game after they were beat earlier in the evening.  That is the one thing i do not like about fargo schools they have absolutely no class at all. 

Fargo schools have no class?  where do you get off saying that? because a bunch of 16 yr old sophomores were happy their varsity just won the biggest game of the regular season.... them losing the C squad game had nothing to do with it!!

PLEASE dont group every Fargo athletic squad as classless!!  I guess thats just the mentality of people that are envious of what Fargo is and looking for anything to cut them down!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 am

no matter who devils lake would of been playing, im sure every c squad would of been excited about beating the number 1 team in the state.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:13 pm

I would have to agree with [user=134]ole_3m[/user] that the fargo south bench was pretty cocky everytime after they made a shot it didnt matter if they were winning or losing they acted really cocky...
ndsubball

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:38 pm

ndsubball wrote:I would have to agree with [user=134]ole_3m[/user] that the fargo south bench was pretty cocky everytime after they made a shot it didnt matter if they were winning or losing they acted really cocky...

So your saying instead of watching the game, you were watching the South bench after each score to see what the reaction of their bench players was going to be... pretty sick!!  did you watch the DL bench after they scored?   come on, change the subject!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:25 pm

Well young athletes tend to be cocky, always have been, always will be, the C squad won't be there at tournament time.  Sounds like South played a great game, when I saw Devils Lake earlier this year, I thought they could be beat if they shot really bad, but it sounds like on this night they other team just shot the lights out.  At least they can take consolation in the fact it wasn't in the state tourney. 

Okay now does either school have any big games before the EDC?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:05 pm

[user=1]NDSportsFan[/user] wrote:
Okay now does either school have any big games before the EDC?

South has one tough game left at West Fargo and DL goes to Red River their other two games are against lower end teams,  so it looks like DL will be the #1 seed and South or WF will be #2, that means if there are no upsets South and DL should meet again in the EDC tournament championship game....
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Wheres the EDC gonna be?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:38 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: Wheres the EDC gonna be?

Grand Forks at the Alerus Center March 2 - 4
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:49 am

comon guys, DL didnt win, of course someone has to make up some remark about the c squad......In 2002 we were 23-1 going to the region championship.......we lost, big deal..were we dissapointed......yes, but we got beat by a good team........man up DL fans......losses are hard to deal with but blaming it on the refs is definetely childish.........
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:56 am

Let ndsubball speak for him or herself not for D-town. I thought it was a well refereed game.
ND_SportsNut

Postby theefollman » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 am

I am from Devils Lake and alls i have to say is there was 165 points scored total in a 32 minute game. No team played any defense and south hit some very clutch shots at the end of the game. South seemed like they couldnt miss out there.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:57 am

Warning:  Just so you guys know,  people are not always who you think they are.  It is possbile for a fan, or player, or players, from a team to create a new username and bait fans of his own team. 

Lets give an example:  Let's say a player from a town like , oh let's say Devils Lake, creates an account under a different username say's hes a Fargo South fan and starts posting false information and baiting fans from DL into an argument.  Cheap thrill or trying to get fans riled for the game?  I don't know, however this person could have one of the accounts deleted and lose posting privledges in the other.  But I probably should have just banned him altogether.   Just for example......  ;)

Just be aware of who is posting what, especially if they are new to the board.  Don't be duped into stupid arguments with them.  I'll keep track of people like this and get rid of them when necessary.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:02 pm

I dont see how you think red river is a big challenge to DL and saying that shanley and Jamestown are lower seeds because, red river, shanley, and Jamestown are red river is 7th Shanley is 8th and Jamestown is 9th in the EDC so they are all in about the same area

ndsubball

Postby bruins44 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:27 pm

ndsubball wrote:I dont see how you think red river is a big challenge to DL and saying that shanley and Jamestown are lower seeds because, red river, shanley, and Jamestown are red river is 7th Shanley is 8th and Jamestown is 9th in the EDC so they are all in about the same area

Have you seen the scores lately?  Red River has won 5 out of their last 6 games and one of those wins is at South, 

Jamestown has only won 2 Games all year!!!

Shanley has lost 8 out of their last 9 games.....

Their is a huge difference between RR and those two teams!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:59 am

South shot 60%, not much you can do about that.
ND_SportsNut

Postby wawa » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:21 pm

While my main focus is hockey, I still do pay some attention to basketball. And this being one of the top match-ups in the state, I found my way to the game. I was thrilled at the game, both teams played very well from what I know about basketball. I was amazed at the shooting efficiency of Fargo South. It almost seemed like every shot they took fell for them. Sad to see number 1 in the state fall, but it will make for a more interesting finish to the EDC, especially since it was a two-point bout.
wawa
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Boys