Fargo South Beats Devils Lake

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Savi22 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:59 pm

what do you know about fargo schools and beig cocky all of you are just mad because you precious D-Town got beat but a very talented south high team, i do see a rematch later this year in edc or state, and i also see south on top. DL doesnt play that great of teams, when you play teams like crooksten and theif river falls why souldnt you win they are terrible.  South deserves more credit then they are getting, DL is a very very talented team and they got beat plain and simple, it wasnt 8 on 5 it was 5 on 5 the refs didnt determine the outcome of the game.
Savi22

Postby Savi22 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:01 pm

they are pumping their team up their not being cocky that is stupid to say, DL is a good team and the kids on the bench are excited because south just beat the best team in the state, wouldnt you be excited???

Savi22

Postby ole_3m » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:42 pm

That is a good point i would be excited if my team knocked off the number 1 team in the state.  But, that is absolutely no excuse for their C squad to come in the a Devils Lake fan section and start taunting them.  Tell me where is the class in that?  Oh yeh wait there isnt any at all.  You say that Devils Lake doesn't play good teams.  They play all the same teams as Fargo South with the exception of what 4 games.  They had to make quick scheduling late in the year and that is why they got Crookston and Theif River Falls.  They were down one game when the Grand Forks Holiday Tournament got cut to 2 games instead of 3.  So they had to do a late schedule change and that was the only available team needing to fill their schedule.  Then they agreed with East Grand Forks to go there last year so that the Mertens boys (Travis and Nick) could play each other.  Then East Grand backed out on the deal and didn't want to come to D-town anymore so they had to make another quick schedule change with someone else that needed to fill there schedule.  So don't go around saying that Devils Lake wanted to play worse teams then them they really didn't have a choice.  These kids just want to play the game.  With the exception of them 4 games they play the same teams as Fargo South so get your facts straight buddy.  Oh yeh who is still the number 1 team in the east.  Thats exactly what i thought.
ole_3m
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:28 pm

How can you even say that Devils Lake has an easier schedule.  They play the same teams.  It's fricken high school basketball!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ole_3m » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Yes I agree with Ming01 its high school basketball.  sometimes you just have to wonder about some of the people that are on here and what they are thinking with the make replys
ole_3m
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ChurchesFerry1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:46 am

The way I see it the loss from south just made dl even stronger come tournament time now theres no pressure and id be expecting to watch dl abuse any team that comes their way.
ChurchesFerry1

Postby DL fan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 am

Ok i do agree with the big win against DL. But you have to realize that South is never going to come to a game like that again. Glass i dont believe even missed from the floor. And Savi made like every three that he shot. I havent seen that happen all year long. Yes it could happen again but i dont see South on top of DL. Yea south has a good team and everything but they have like a million kids to choose from. I dont think that a good ball team loses at home to Red River. But if South and DL meet again South will have to play some better defense tho DL didnt play good D. They will play better D next time. Good luck to both teams
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dlfirebirdfan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:34 pm

I have to put in my thought on the game. i think that it was a great game for the devils lake fans to watch, even though it ended in fargo souths favor.  Let me remind everyone that it is very hard to go undefeated in any high school sport and this loss to the firebirds i believe will help them prepare for tournament time.  My next point is to say that fargo south really stepped up and played one heck of a game.  But as a firebird fan from devils lake it will be interesting to see what happens in EDC and state
dlfirebirdfan

Previous

Return to Boys