All State Team

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Go Zebras » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:11 am

I would have to say 1 Mertens 2 Kendell Hunt 3 Erdman 4Quale 5Landry

as you can see i only pick one from the west.

Go Zebras

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:54 am

Mertens Erdmann Wilhelm Savageau and Qvale
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Backintheday » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:40 am

Mertens
Lundon
Wilhelm
Erdmann
Qvale

If you put alex lundon on any other team in the state they instantly become the new number one.
Backintheday

Postby ndbb » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:02 am

Are You Serious?

Erdmann

Mertens

Wilhelm

Kramer

Savageau
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:39 pm

Travis Mertens - Pure Scorer, inside moves like no other, free throws, pop a trifecta right in your face, and if he catches you sleepin - oh no! you better watch out- cuz you know hes goin the other way , with a 2 fisted rim-rocker straight down your ugly mug

Tate Kick - This guy is a stud I dont understand why everyone is in love with Qvale, give Tate some love, Plus he's got cool name

Eric Erdmann - He's OK, kinda soft and uncordinated, but OK

Jon Kramer - Without him Whapeton is nothing, best shooter in the edc, shooting 53%, and he's 5'11" so its not like they're inside buckets

Jordan Wilhelm - Good scorer, slasher type player, kinda reminds me of ryan swallow
ND_SportsNut

Postby NYYANKS » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:58 pm

1.) Mertens

2.)Erdmann

3.)Wilhelm

4.)Qvalle

5.) Tie between Moch and Savageau
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby West Dakota » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:20 am

The BIG sleeper here is John peabody from Beulah. They are on a roll and it is because of him, i can't believe the miners never used this kid more than they did the past couple years. At 6' 8" 250 he's no kid he's a man, and he's built to boot. He's going to make somebody a great college player!

I bet Beulah makes a run for the title in this their last year of class A.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Savi22 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:51 pm

Savageau

Mertens

Hunt

Sandvig

Kramer

Savi22

Postby ndbb » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:22 pm

why Hunt? I don't understand that.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ole_3m » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Hunt is more or less the quarterback of a very talented Devils Lake team.  He is to my knowledge leading the league in assists and he showed everyone at the Fargo North game that he can step up as a leader as well and take the team under his wing.  I think he is a good selection.
ole_3m
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:04 pm

I think there are other players who are more deserving then Hunt to be an all stater.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:23 pm

[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:
I think there are other players who are more deserving then Hunt to be an all stater.

Who do you think deserves it more the Hunt then?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:57 pm

The people who select the team are gonna go with

Mertens and Erdmann for sure for 2 from the east

Wilhelm and Kick for 2 from the west

and a battle for the 5th all state 1st team spot with Frasse, Kramer, Qvale, Savageau, Lundon, Belohlavek with the remaining 5 on the 2nd team
ND_SportsNut

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:17 am

Mertens, Erdmann, Savageau, Wilhelm, Qvale, Kick, Landry, Kramer, Seifert, and Peabody are all better canidates then Hunt.  Im not saying Hunt isn't a good player, I just think all of these players are better and have better numbers then him.
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL fan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:37 am

But everyone has to realize without Kendell Hunt Devils Lake would not be the team that they are. He plays the best defense in the state and can shoot from anywhere. He is a scorer and can shake anyone at any given time. Kendell Hunt is the best point guard in the state and that deserves a spot on the All state team. no other point guard can keep up with his tenacious D and his quickness. DL is not the same team with out him, he creates so much for everyone on that team. And he is leading assists for the 2nd year in a row.
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DL Donkey-Kong » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:35 pm

honestly i dont think quale  and landry are anything special, look at both of their stats i dont think are anything great.

merty, hunt, erdmann, and then im not too sure but i dont think landry and quale don't really deserve to be all-state 
Last edited by DL Donkey-Kong on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DL Donkey-Kong
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DL-in-DL » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:42 pm

I agree numbers play a very important role in selection to the all-state team, if not everything, but you also have to look at how well the team is doing, and their role on the team, and een how the team would be without them. That being said, I think Hunt should be selected, and Landry at least to the EDC team, but not all-state because hes not on a great team.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 pm

I would have to agree with Hunt.  In the few DL games I have seen, he is constantly playing hard on both ends of the court.  Unfortunately, all state tends to be about the points scored and not a lot else.  Kendell does so many of the little things that make a true "basketball" player
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Qvale hasn't had an all-state season. He probably has the most potential of any player in the state, but he did next to nothing early in the season.

How about Shane Duchsherer in Minot. A top scorer and rebounder on the No. 2 team in the state. I agree about the Beulah boys. They are tough players.

Wilhelm is also one of the best players in the West.

Don't know much about the East other than seeing the boxes.
Y-not Daily

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:05 pm

Anyone have some of the PPG or RPG of the leaders out west?
ND_SportsNut

Postby Savi22 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:23 am

Lets be honest... Travis is good but he doesnt play as a team player... he really doesnt need to in highschool because highschool is all about one or two good players on a team... But once he gets to college and if he does... he will struggle because his team game is terrible and he plays absolutely no deffense... theres no question he is very athletic and can do many things out there but all in all basketball is a team game...

Find someone out there that is a team player... find a team out there that plays together and it doesnt matter who you have on your team... they will succeed over the best... no matter what... theres no question about that...

Who cares if there numbers are impressive... watch the game and see what the other kids do on the team that help them... DOING THE LITTLE THINGS COUNT WAY MORE THAN SCORING POINTS... and they will get you further... untill you guys can understand that you will be nothing...
Savi22

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:53 am

I agree with you that the little things is what gets you farther.  Playing as a team is what really matters and if everyone on the floor is doing the right things then you will succeed.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby g_unit » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:29 pm

Savi22 wrote:Lets be honest... Travis is good but he doesnt play as a team player... he really doesnt need to in highschool because highschool is all about one or two good players on a team... But once he gets to college and if he does... he will struggle because his team game is terrible and he plays absolutely no deffense... theres no question he is very athletic and can do many things out there but all in all basketball is a team game...

Find someone out there that is a team player... find a team out there that plays together and it doesnt matter who you have on your team... they will succeed over the best... no matter what... theres no question about that...

Who cares if there numbers are impressive... watch the game and see what the other kids do on the team that help them... DOING THE LITTLE THINGS COUNT WAY MORE THAN SCORING POINTS... and they will get you further... untill you guys can understand that you will be nothing...

Savi22 in your little passage you noted that Devils Lake doesnt play well as a team and that Travis Mertens isnt a team player and that he PLAYS ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE !!!!!!.....................well buddy, i find it rather odd that the LEADING REBOUNDER, LEADING SHOTBLOCKER, and the LEADING STEALER in the EDC happens to play absolutely no defense....correct me if im wrong but i beleive that all those statistics fall under the DEFENSE category...(maybe not in your book tho)....and i also see on the EDC statistics page that a Devils Lake player happens to be leading almost every catergory..... for instants Kendell Hunt leads Assists and Alex Lundon leads 3-pointers,  Josh Lagein is noted as one of the top stealers......I dont know about this one either but i beleive that all these things that i have mentioned happen to deny your theory that Devils Lake doesnt play well as a team and just one more thing about Devils Lake (that doesnt play well as a team) is that there record is 18-1.........i bet that an 18-1 record couldn't be accomplished by just one player

*Travis Mertens also has 43 assists this year which would roughly put him in the top 15 in the EDC in assists...but to you thats a selfish player!!!

hey buddy, before you start firing shots at D-Town make sure the gun is loaded

and the stats are located at http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/index.html
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Savi22 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:42 am

I guess we will see what happens during edc and state time. Then we will see if your "D-Town" is as good as you say. They sure think there pretty good and there big heads will prolly get them just as fas as last years number one seed West Fargo in the edc tourney. And if not more than likely the same as last years Fargo South team in the State tourney.
Savi22

Postby ndsubball » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:10 am

Actually DL is as good as everyone says look at DL's Record 16-2 in the EDC and 18-1 overall....South is 15-3 EDC and 15-4 overall looks like to me DL is as good as everyone says..and DL's guys dont have big heads they just have their goals set high and are confident they can meet them goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT NICE TRY SAVI22
Last edited by ndsubball on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubball

Next

Return to Boys