toughest place to play at

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby allstar23 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 pm

where do you think the toughest places to play are?
allstar23

Postby ballplayer15 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:00 pm

only being a fan i couldnt really respond to this question but st marys use dto have a tough crowd but such a bad team and ive heard belcourt is also tough but bismarck or wiliston are probably up there
ballplayer15

Postby Ming01 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:49 am

thenextbigthing wrote:only being a fan i couldnt really respond to this question but st marys use dto have a tough crowd but such a bad team and ive heard belcourt is also tough but bismarck or wiliston are probably up there

st. marys isnt as tough as it once was, the student section isnt as rowdy anymore and they dont get into the game unless they're playing bhs.  but for the wda I would say

Belcourt- the gym is so dark, worst officiating in like the state, plus the crowd doesnt help.  Dickinson- very tough to win, you usually dont get a lot of calls your way, the crowd is loud and is always on you especially if you are one of the better players on the court.  Minot- always tough to win, the student section is right down on the court and covers the whole one side of the court as well, students are always naging the away players.  Plus its a big arena so it has such a big atmosphere with the crowd and everything.  And BHS- loudest student section plus the crowd is loud, also the bhs players have that mentality of you are not going to beat us on our home floor.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby LT#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:12 pm

west fargo has the best fan crowd and is the closest to the action.... those kids can get into anyones heads..... dont think you can walk all over them in there own house
LT#3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndsubball » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:31 pm

I would have to say belcourt because it is really dark in there and hard to see anything and the reffing is horrible because they call everything on the opponet and like nothing on the home team
ndsubball

Postby ndbasketballfan007 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 am

BELCOURT

The refs, crowd and atmosphere is terrible for the visiting team.
ndbasketballfan007
NDPreps Starter

Postby smart source » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:41 am

LT#3 wrote:west fargo has the best fan crowd and is the closest to the action.... those kids can get into anyones heads..... dont think you can walk all over them in there own house

i find it hard to believe that the crowd is as close to the court as minots student section...minot has about 2 or 3 feet from the front row of the student section to the court
smart source

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:53 pm

LT#3 wrote:west fargo has the best fan crowd and is the closest to the action.... those kids can get into anyones heads..... dont think you can walk all over them in there own house

are you kidding? there is no way you are thinking of the same west fargo gym that i am. last year when dl came to town, their fans were louder than west fargos fans. and dl also has one of the closest student sections. they are constantly almost tripping the refs during the game because they are standing right on the edge of the line. and when there is a good game goin, it can get pretty loud and rowdy.
Last edited by DeuceTrey on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:43 pm

i went to the bismarck high- st. marys game and i thought it was hilarious how the st marys student section booed hendrickson whenever he had the ball
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby allstar23 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:48 am

in my opinion, i think bismarck high has the loudest and best student section in the state, they get into the opposing players minds.
allstar23

Postby Dk All Day » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:07 am

lat night when dl played us here the crowd had a pretty fun time with not only thier players but everyone was yelling at their coach too it was hilarious. I think it would struggle the most to have to inbound the ball right in front of the student sction it happened a couple times last night and the crowd definitly let  #4 and 12 have it all game.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:21 am

West Fargo played Wahpeton last tuesday.  Heckled every player and coach, got into their heads, forced three ten second calls, and help hold preseason all-state selection Jon Kramer to 1-14 from the floor and five total points.  That's crowd support.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 am

Number7 wrote:West Fargo played Wahpeton last tuesday.  Heckled every player and coach, got into their heads, forced three ten second calls, and help hold preseason all-state selection Jon Kramer to 1-14 from the floor and five total points.  That's crowd support.

most of the time the kids dont even pay attention to anybody or anything going on in the crowd if theyre playing. im leaning more towards that he had a bad game than the crowd was into his head.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:14 pm

He was obviously rattled and gave multiple glares to the student section.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Number7 wrote:He was obviously rattled and gave multiple glares to the student section.

of course somebody sitting in the west fargo student section would say that.
highheat

Postby Mr. Me Too » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:56 pm

I'd have to say St. Mary's, Bismarck High, and Belcourt. . .why is because they student section is pretty awesome and gets into the players like right away. . .and Belcourt because it's so Dark, Hot, and sometimes the reffing isn't always what you want it to be
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:I'd have to say St. Mary's, Bismarck High, and Belcourt. . .why is because they student section is pretty awesome and gets into the players like right away. . .and Belcourt because it's so Dark, Hot, and sometimes the reffing isn't always what you want it to be

Lol I remember when Lafountain wanted to fight some kid after the game last year from St. Mary's student section.  Too bad he is gone, we always got on him.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Ming01 wrote:
Mr. Me Too wrote:I'd have to say St. Mary's, Bismarck High, and Belcourt. . .why is because they student section is pretty awesome and gets into the players like right away. . .and Belcourt because it's so Dark, Hot, and sometimes the reffing isn't always what you want it to be

Lol I remember when Lafountain wanted to fight some kid after the game last year from St. Mary's student section.  Too bad he is gone, we always got on him.

haha. . .that was pretty crazy, kinda looked like that kid was scared. . .he showed up at the Mandan game after and apologized lol. . .so we were told
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:18 pm

baseball18 wrote:i went to the bismarck high- st. marys game and i thought it was hilarious how the st marys student section booed hendrickson whenever he had the ball

o yeah st marys fans really make some noise
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:56 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:i went to the bismarck high- st. marys game and i thought it was hilarious how the st marys student section booed hendrickson whenever he had the ball

o yeah st marys fans really make some noise

yeah i know they do, that's funny though considering there isnt a lot to be noisy about
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby arsnl7 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Bismarck High is a tough place to play.  Great atmosphere for the home team.  The student section gets into it, but they try to be like Duke way too much.  I'll go to Durham if I want to see that.
arsnl7

Postby DL fan1 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:00 am

St. Mary's can't even win a game. How can it be tough to play there
DL fan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby huskers » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Because the fans are right on top of you, the gym is hotter than crap when it's full, they have no a/c in the gym. Also, the gym isn't very big to begin with so when it gets loud in there, it's amplified. Back when they were good, a couple years ago it got really loud and hot in that place. Plus pregame, when the band is right on top of the court it's so loud in there you can hardly think. But the last couple years have been not as good for fan support, there's more kids at the girls game than the guys game.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:18 pm

arsnl7 wrote:Bismarck High is a tough place to play.  Great atmosphere for the home team.  The student section gets into it, but they try to be like Duke way too much.  I'll go to Durham if I want to see that.

yeah, it's funny tho how they complain when other teams do the same cheers as them and they think we're taking their cheers, when in fact all of BHS's cheers are from Duke.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby jordanpippen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 pm

yea i was at a st.marys game and i sat by a couple of kids from bismark high and everytime st. marys kids would cheer the  bhs kids were all like saying how st.marys was copying them and how everyone copies bhs cheers. But they were just common cheers that everyone does. Its like BHS thinks they invented every cheer. its kinda pathetic
jordanpippen
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys