Fargo South @ Devils Lake (2 edc points)

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby i_love_stripes » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:41 pm

the rumor is that DEVILS LAKE will be shutting the lights off, with the spotlight spinning around the gym to the beat of the "Famous Chicago Bulls" starting line-up song for Parent's Night!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be an excellent game to see-- considering Devils Lake is 14-1 in the past two years at home.......(the lost came to Fargo North to wreck there perfect record last year)   and they are averaging a 27 point margin of victory this year AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The population of the city of Devils Lake is in the area of 7,000 people and the Devils Lake Sports Center only holds 3,500....and may i add that they have pulled the extra bletchers down in the DLSC for the past five games  (the last time they did that was when JEFF BOSCHEE came to town back in like 1998) and packed them jammed full with people standing around around the walls of the gym.  This place gets roudy and the student section isn't very polite (you can also find me there in the front row with the VIP pass) and will be sure to be an important aspect of the game.

With this said, anybody who truly is a North Dakota High School fan should be at this game!!!!!!!!!!

Prediction:       Devils Lake   70           Fargo South 56 
i_love_stripes

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Be sure to send your love to the ref's.   ;)

The house will be rockin.  What day and time is the game?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:33 am

Sounds like an ESPN Instant Classic! I hope it's a great game and wish the best of luck to both teams.

It has always been a tough task to go into Devils Lake and win! Enjoy the game!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 666 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:10 am

I predict either Ryan Kasowski or Eric Erdmann will win Mr.Basketball. Kosowski will light it up in the Regional and State tourny and Erdmann has had a great high school career so far. My boy Evan Savageau would take it but his numbers arent the greatest. He still is my boy tho!!! Go Bruins!!!!!

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:47 am

Fargo South @ Devils Lake................February 10th ---  7:45 ---- but if you want a good seat i would go around 7:00-7:15 !!!!!!! 
i_love_stripes

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am

clearly this years MR. BASKETBALL award will go to 6'5 Senior...Travis Mertens of the Devils Lake Firebirds!!!!!!

REASONS WHY:

#1 = He is the leading the EDC in points per game (19.7), rebounds per game (13.6), blocks per game (2.5), and steals per game (2.3).................YES he is leading all those catergories........not to mention he is shooting 46.2% from three point land which makes him the tallest player in the TOP 5 for the edc in three-point shooting percentage                        (as of right now)

#2 = He has lead his team to an undefeated, #1 ranked team in the STATE all year long

#3 = He was the leading scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker in the STATE last year as a JUNIOR with averages of (19.1 PPG---11.3 RPG---2.0 BPG)

I would LOVE to hear some reasons why Erdman or Savageau should win honors over Mertens other than the fact that he doesn't wear a jersey that says Fargo on it !!
i_love_stripes

Postby i_love_stripes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 am

the biggest rivalry in high school boys basketball - for the past 5 years has been Fargo South and Devils Lake!
Last edited by i_love_stripes on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
i_love_stripes

Postby vcfan1 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:08 pm

i am agreeing with i_love_stripes on this one.  i would have to say that senior travis mertens has the best shot of winning Mr. Basketball.  his godly numbers all around the stat board are really catching my eye everytime i look at them.  what about players like erdmann you say. how about 2 points the entire second half against the firebirds, needless to say that game was in Fargo.  then you talk about a guy like kasowski.  i havent heard his name since the football season got over, and football my friends has nothing absolutely nothing to do with MR. BASKETBALL.  i would also agree with i_love_stripes that if mertens doesnt win this award the only reason would be is that he is not wearing a fargo, grand forks, bismarck, or big towns jersey. enough said you people will see on March 11th who the winner of the award is.
vcfan1

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:22 pm

biggest rivalry I would say would be Williston-BHS.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:23 pm

If you dont refer to DL as D-Town your probably not a true fan
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:28 pm

Ming01 wrote:biggest rivalry I would say would be Williston-BHS.

Riiiiight;),  Im just kidding, Im sure its a good rivalry
Last edited by ND_SportsNut on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Ming01 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Devils Lake wasnt even good before last year.  Williston and BHS have played each other in many hard fought games.  They actually played for something that mattered the last 5 years.  Im not saying that D-Lake and South dont have a great rivalry, but Williston and BHS have always hated each others bballs teams and have always played one another in the state tourneys and wda tourneys big games. 

Anyways thats just my opinion.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys